Cataclysm framerates

To any beta-testers out there:

What are the general framerates like in the new zones? Or the zones that have changed drastically? And most importantly - what about new Stormwind? I imagine Mount Hyjal will have WOTLK'ish framerates as may be the case for the most drastically changed zones.

And yes I know beta is a work in progress, there are many technical things to iron out, many places that haven't been finished completely or haven't been populates by mobs yet. And Stormwind with 2.61 gazillion players in it upon Cata release will probably have Dalaran-like performance anyway.

Just want to get the general idea on how the New Old World performs relatively to Northrend because between the new water, sunbeams, better models etc. it may be time to start window shopping for a new PC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Knowing beta FPS is not going to do you any good since it resembles nothing about current live servers since there are no players your computer is calculating

All ultra settings ingame, ati control panel mipmap max quality, 16X Anisotropic Filtering

wondering around/lvling
    on DX9 140-200
    on DX11 80-150

10vs10 BG twinpeaks
    DX9 130-180

i7930@4ghz
    Radeon 5870
    8gb ddr3 1333mhz
    win7 x64

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    Knowing beta FPS is not going to do you any good since it resembles nothing about current live servers since there are no players your computer is calculating
    as well as we dont really know how addons will function with the new content.

Deleted
    Id like to imagine losing like 10 fps - however, i hopefully plan on getting a new I5 processor soon which will fit nicely into the letdown, that is my current processor :P

Can compare to a empty'ish WOTLK zone like Grizzly Hills.

In my experience addons have never had much impact on framerates if any at all. Loading times - now that's where they are pesky hogs.

All ultra settings ingame, ati control panel mipmap max quality, 16X Anisotropic Filtering

wondering around/lvling
    on DX9 140-200
    on DX11 80-150

10vs10 BG twinpeaks
    DX9 130-180

i7930@4ghz
    Radeon 5870
    8gb ddr3 1333mhz
    win7 x64
    Thanks for the info. How does that compare to your framerates in WOTLK zones or even Live Old World?

Quote Originally Posted by Airbuster View Post
    doubt it will impact fps much... I use like... 10+ addons on live and get basically same fps in the above scenarios.

Just to name a few addons...
    sexymap, prat, dbm, parrot, smartbuff, smartdebuff, power auras, recount (i leave this running up to the 100MB range autoresets at 100mb though ;/), gearscore, auctioneer, wowequip, ratingbuster just to name a few. All that running in a 25man raid ultra settings is still about 40-70fps (lich king heroic fight).

won't be too different for cata unless they addin some massive intensive graphic stuff in... much of which I've not seen flying above and under all of azeroth.

Basically the fps you get in wotlk in busy area's with alot players/places with no players in wotlk.. will be the same in cata. Only exception is there is no place like dalaran so... you may not suffer as much (well currently no place like dalaran).

Maybe they learned their lesson that shoving 400 people into a tiny city was a bad idea from wotlk.
    Last edited by gulkeeva; 2010-07-09 at 03:12 PM.