Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    "appears it will be a alternative"

If Blizzard keep their word and give baseline 200% crit damage to pures, it is possible FFB will double dip (as it should) like @ live. If that happens, it will be more than an "alternative", it will be the best choice.

My 2cents
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmatra View Post
    it appears that frostfire bolt will be a alternative nuke to fireball for brainfreeze for pvp
    fireball does deal more damage but frostfire bolt slows debuffs heals can proc fingers of frost and frostbite. from all of the talents that can be taken etc frostfire bolt still looks to be a worthwhile pvp spell wether or not its going to still be useful for pve is still up in the air
    what? FFB deals more damage than fireball for a frost build on live and will continue to do so. since they added it to brainfreeze, i have not seen a mage worth his salt use fireball on said proc.
    BfA Beta Time

ahh i did not know the exact numbers but always used frostfire bolt in pvp for those reasons and apparently was right in doing so. with the intense 30% buff to frostfire bolt it will be a powerful arena/battlegrounds spell then high damage nuke proc with lots of debuffs ^_^
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope frost is viable for instancing. It has always been my favorite spec, but as you know, I could only really use it in leveling and then pvp.
    I love Deep Freeze being a boss nuke when Fingers procs, and I love Brain Freeze using FFB and the idea of a Frostfire Orb (I hope it gets a new visual effect)

Huzzah