Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GISP View Post
    just use 30min aday buying low selling high @ AH.
    See, this is something I've never grasped. Every time I've tried to learn the AH, and tried to track prices, even with the help of mods, I've never managed to turn a profit.

With every profession across my toons I think it's more of a hindrance than a help, as it is overwhelming. It helps in the long run for saving gold, where I can use all my professions to make stuff for myself, but I've tried making money off the AH by crafting things and people just undercut.

Example: There are always high end enchants up, quite often for just above the current cost of enchanting mats, meaning the sellers are not turning a reasonable profit, and to undercut would mean breaking even for me.

It's hard to tell which glyphs are in high demand, but the ones that seem like they should sell well; well, the market is flooded with them at 1-2g.

Gems are similar to glyphs. You could possibly make 2-5g on an epic gem cut that is in demand, but someone is likely to come along and simply undercut you and you end up with the gems back in your mailbox.

Haven't tried selling flasks and elixirs very often.

The only thing I can say is that if you want to make money off the AH, you will have to spend some time tweaking and adjusting your snatch variables, look for what is in demand, and post items on the weekends when more people are playing.

If you can't spare the time it takes to learn and stay up to date with item supply and demand, then making gold off people's instant gratification is going to be very tricky.

But I'd rather attempt to sell stuff than to go out and grind daily quests.

I keep plugging away at it, but there are too many people with each profession providing a service at little to no profit, that it means your timing has to be good as well as knowing when to buy and when to sell what.
    For the Alliance!

Leacl
    I sell 1 month of gametime for 10 000g to my guildies. (:

I don't need frost emblems anymore so i just buy primordials and sell them plus i do dailies and weeklys on alts i dont use and buy more primordials and sell those

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not good enough to make a billion gold. But I do make around 600-1000g a day on the auction house in about an hour... 30 mins in the morning, 30 at night.

Here's how:

Get auctioneer and spend a week looking at various items or let it do complete scans. It tells you what % things are selling for.

Find around 10 or so that fluctuate a lot with a medium to low supply and watch them. Don't deal with things that have pages of supply.

Get comfortable with how they move. People often get very desperate to sell things fast. If you ever have expired items, that's ok if you're turning good profits.

Start off only buying when you see something for around 50% or less than its usual price. If you really suck, play tight and look for killer deals at 30% or less. When you get better and see how certain items move, you may start buying at 65-75%.

Don't buy things that have a TON of supply.

An example I would not buy would be Kingsblood that always drops down to 25-30% of its average price on my server and can nail me.

An example I would buy would be runecloth at 4g a stack and it always sells for 8-9g a stack consistently every day.

Another example for something simple: on my server I can buy 40x fel iron ore for around 65-70g, smelt it and sell the stack of 20 bars for 105-110g... 49g profit for doing nothing. I normally turn over 10-20 stacks of ore to bar like this per day... free money.

Also keep an eye out for dumb people selling rare items. Just today I picked up a Purple Smoke Flare Schematic for 8 gold. It sold in 10 minutes for 2800g. I did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. Purple Smoke Flare for 50g... 10 minutes... 3500g. I should've sold the one today for 3500 as well. Just pay attention and watch for things.

Examples of things I buy:
    Runecloth, Mageweave, Wool
    Fel Iron & Cobalt bars and ore... When there's good deals; mithril, truesilver, whatever sells well... stay away from crap like enchanted thorium.
    Herbs CONSTANTLY drop way too low... ghost mushroom, goldthorn, netherbloom... stay away from crap herbs that sell for pennies or herbs that there's lots of though.
    Large Radiant shards & Greater Eternal essences
    Rare recipes and Vanity Pets
    Level 1-19 Rare twink Weapons and Armor

That's gotta give you a good start. If you can't do this you're honestly going to have a hard time as it's basic... then just stick to dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    abyssal shatter

32 x-mute alchemists + farm garfrost normal
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Leacl View Post
    I sell 1 month of gametime for 10 000g to my guildies. (:
    do you perhaps play on runetotem eu, i need gametime now and still 3hrs 10 mins untill the shops open

My mage is a Miner/JC
    My priest is a tailor/enc

I mine on my mage 1h-2h a day
    Titanium ore->Prospect--->Mail 2 bank toon---->put on AH
    Saronite ore->Prospect--->Mail 2 bank toon---->put on AH

Elemental items (crystalized shadow for example)-----Fire/water/life/air(am i missing any?)---->Bank toon->AH
    |
    |
    -->Shadow/earth--->Rings->Mail 2 priest->DE->Bank toon->AH

Random greens/blue/epic (if BoE)->priest->de->Bank toon->AH

JC daily->Dragons eye->bank toon->AH

Icy Prism->Bank toon->AH

net around 1.5k g deepending on what i mine, and how long i mine, usually 300g a day minimum

OFFT: DBW+NES....wtf?
    Last edited by Reinhard von Lohengramm; 2010-07-13 at 08:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont... i never look at my gold so im not dissapointed of how much i got after month i look ... what do you know i have 3k gold

I seem to make my money by soloing oldworld stuff. Granted, it aint much, but it's worth it.

Primordial Saronites
    BG kill lots get shit tons of honor sell w/e gems are going for highest
    Go to GDKP runs and not buy anything.
    Host ToC25's and keep all BoE's and Orbs
    And ofc, whenever one of your friends feels you trustworthy with their account, keep taking a few gold here and there, they don't usually notice.

I deal in 55 or lower blue items. I own the market there. I buy every item under 50% if there is no comp. and sell for 110%.
    I am a glypher and i use Quick Auction's 3 for posting. Als buy cheap/honor Cardinal ruby's and craft them into Bright/Delicate/Fractured Cardinal ruby's wich also makes gold.

I also buy cheap stacks of Eternal earth (75g max) and craft them into the 2x eternal earth rings. DE them and sell Cosmics (17g min) and stacks of 10 dusts (10g min). Makes not much profit, but i buy tons.

Overall Glyphing is the best TBH. Low mat costs, high prices 20g +- ( i dont go under 5g for one)

Also used to farm eternal fire's. Damn fuck that trader in dala wich makes them worth a lot less.

GL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolga
    Who cares EPICS ARE SOULBOUND and irl shit comes and goes!!!!!!

I attend GDKP raids where I don't need any gear, and I use frosties to buy and sell Primordials.

Making gold is simple.

Find a specialty, pick a commodity around it, monopolize it, profit.

When you succeed with 1 item, find a new one... repeat.

When done well, you earn lots of gold.

What do I do now? Nothing, I draft gold loan contracts with people I know in game and trust. 1 month loan up to 50k gold, altough most are for 5-10k. 15% interest for the month... makes me about 50-80k a month doing nothing. Just making sure people pay on schedule.

This is in Cat forums so is this in reference to beta only? Assuming you just posted in the wrong forums, I will share what I do.
    I have a tailor/enchanter maxed and a LW/Skinner maxed on the same realm. Various other profs but these are the ones I use. The LW/Skinner is easy money, for random dailies you will get an instance with skinnable mobs at least weekly -- VH today gave me 3 stacks of borean leather. Plus I watch my AH and anytime leather is less than ~14g per stack I will buy it up, trying to round out to a number divisable by 3. 3 stacks (60 leather) makes 10 heavy borean which can be traded for 1 arctic fur. 2 arctic furs are used to make one of the 3 epic leg armors that are in CONSTANT demand. I stay away from the pvp leg enchant but the melee dps and tank leg armors are always selling. I make anywhere from 2-5 per day and instantly get 500-600g profit selling them for at least 150g sometimes more per leg armor.

Another thing for the tailor/enchanter, I mail all BoE greens and blues to him and DE everything. I sell when I have good stock, over the weekend I sold my inventory and made ~2000 gold. As for tailoring, I make glacial bags which are cheap to buy mats for and sell for 50g a piece easy. I use my glacial bag cd once per week and sell for 400g at least, mats costing less than 100g.

Just look at your professions at what sells and makes more money than the mats cost. Why waste hours farming when you can AH in 20 minutes and just let the money come to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    so kids just ninja, the friendships are temporary mounts are forever.

While farming the hawkstrider mount in MGT, I made a ton of gold. I kept trying to figure out why I had so much gold...then I figured out it was from the runs. I solo'd h mgt and looted everything. after vending the purps (wasn't on an enchanting toon), greys, and random crap, plus the money from the bodies, I had about 100g per day. Then, after de'ing the greens and selling those mats, another 50g per day or so. Maybe more. I had been mailing all the netherweave to my priest and eventually made a bunch of bags and sold them. I made 700g in one day! It was ridiculous. I no longer neglect cloth. lol. The run itself took about 15 min on an ele shaman, then add a few more min for all that other stuff, and that's some easy fast gold. Also running ramps is fast and easy and you can make like 50g just from the run and vending everything. Really though, the enchanting mats are where it's at. Sometimes arcane dust is 75-90g a stack on my server. If you keep watching it and sell high, you profit greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    It's hard to tell which glyphs are in high demand, but the ones that seem like they should sell well; well, the market is flooded with them at 1-2g.
    Just a bit of advide that I have gathered from my work making some money:
    I sell lots of glyphs, normally I just make the ones that sell for about 15g. However (this takes having some money beforehand) I occasionally go through and buy up all of the glyphs that sell for 1-2g and relist them for 15g. They still sell at the price of 15g, and though it is an initial hit (for example I spent about 3k doing this for all classes) I have made about 7k and still have 1,000 glyphs still to sell from collecting all of them. When the herb market hits too high, I just buy cheap glyphs and resell them for higher.

To the OP: The tip about strat and the old world enchanting mats is big too, no one has any of that stuff on my server (low population/new players) so you can see shards and such easily selling for 1k because no one takes the time to go back to those places.

And if you have a jewelcrafter, selling on the AH isn't the only way to make money. If you have lots of epic cuts, advertise in trade but don't set a price. Most people tip fairly well. I do at least
    Last edited by freernnur5; 2010-07-13 at 06:20 PM.

I really doubt you have a shot at ever getting Shadowmourne so I really so no point in you getting shadow's edge. You would be better off going for bryntoll off of marrowgar.

10+ Year Old Account
    finish all the quests in northrend you never did. when you're done with that, do outland
    that should get you a good chunk of gold, and at 80 w/ t9 it should be easy to blast through quests and solo groups.

Quote Originally Posted by anaalius View Post
    Get involved in the gold making blogsphere. thats what i did and i now have over 430k gold.
    I've been hearing about goldbloggers, can you drop me a crumb or two?
    Last edited by izziebot; 2010-07-13 at 07:31 PM.

I'm an engineer on my main, I generate mad amounts of gold simply flying around nagrand sucking up air clouds.

The market for them is crazy and I don't know why, don't even really care as long as fools are paying 100g per primal air on my server.