Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Meaning shadow weaving is also being removed and becoming just a passive 10% bonus threw mastery much like warriors and their arp.
    Not necessarily. Shadow Weaving may do something else, in addition to its current effect because..... They like some classes having a Ramp-Up time. Which is fine. If Shadow Weaving itself was tossed onto another effect (like Pain and Suffering, or Twisted Faith or something), as a talent or passive damage increase, it wouldn't be that bad.

And no, even if it did go Passive, no Mastery will ever increase Passives. Stop spreading false info!

---------- Post added 2010-07-11 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    I found this tree on war-tools nice: http://www.war-tools.com/t69562.html
    I like some of the ideas:
    Trinity, Bulwark, Devoted to the Word, Piety, and Grace (in Discipline).
    Archangel (though I'm not sure how this would translate to endgame, add Evangelism to a healing spell deep holytalent, maybe?), Searing Light, Faithful Prayers, new Inspiration, new Serendipity, Spiritual Energies (Chakra 2.0?), Empowered Prayers for Holy
    Improved Mind Control, Improved Psychic Scream, Dark Dealings, VE folded into Shadowform, Silence being useful, and Dark Whisperer.

Things I don't like:
    Focused Power + Improved Mind Control seems a little much. Power Infusion becoming a non-caster buff. No downside to Bulwark, and that the Discipline Tree feels too "attached". Improved Resolve: Spirit to Spellpower conversion needs to die.
    Body and Soul should not be reachable by Discipline. Surge of Light continuing to affect Heal spells. Spirit of Redemption is "cool" but is way Overpowered. New Lightwell is cool, but needs balancing. It's also too much of a "set it and forget it" type of thing, but props on initiative. Desperate Prayer making you untargettable.

Twisted Faith is not there for Shadow to use Spirit Gear, it's for healers to offset some hit loss, Shadow will use existing "hit" cloth gear: say no to 100% conversion. Mind Games feels very RNG which would suck for PvP, would this even work in PvE? Nightmare making Mind Flay "Instant"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Not necessarily. Shadow Weaving may do something else, in addition to its current effect because..... They like some classes having a Ramp-Up time. Which is fine. If Shadow Weaving itself was tossed onto another effect (like Pain and Suffering, or Twisted Faith or something), as a talent or passive damage increase, it wouldn't be that bad.

And no, even if it did go Passive, no Mastery will ever increase Passives. Stop spreading false info![COLOR="red"]
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/25626...-talent-trees/

So what passive bonuses did you have in mind to make up for this HUGE loss in damage? I mean, in many AoE situations, Wandering Plague alone accounts for 15-20% of my overall damage, which is also being buffed by Impurity, and being further buffed by Desolation and being even further buffed by Rage of Rivendare. Take all that away, and basically you have a glorified version of Consecrate, rather than a dumbed down version of Seed of Corruption.

I just don't see how any kind of passive bonus you can implement can make up for that loss.
    We could add a passive bonus that says "You do +50% melee weapon damage and +25% Frost and Shadow damage." Why make you buy essentially that same bonus in 12 separate talents when you are almost certainly going to do it anyway (unless you're a very misinformed player)? The passive bonuses don't carry a lot of risk. Other talent specs can't go fishing for them and we don't have to worry that you skipped over them.
    This is an example of what they could do for dk's. Same applys to us. Why should we spend some odd points to increase are damage or healing when we are going to take it anyway.

Edit: But I do agree with the ramp up. To me though it just doesn't seem like a fun talent we have the option to take. Its take it or your bad kinda situation.

Edit2: Here is a link to a talent tree from blizcon http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wow.com/m...zz633b2bf8.jpg showing the passive bonuses you get for going deep into a tree.
    Last edited by zito; 2010-07-11 at 04:39 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Alot's changed from Blizzcon's ideology of Passives. Those passives listed were also to scale with deeper talent investment (sucking while levelling), now they're given at 10. Dual Wield wouldn't have been on the Shaman one either, but it's there (as is Vengeance among another things).

The point I was making was, what if Empowered Shadow Orbs gave the Shadow Weaving Effect, or some other fun existing talent did? Shadow has a ramp up time because quite frankly you're not a 21/40 (Sacc Destro) warlock spamming Shadow Bolt. The idea will still be there. It may (and probably will) go passive, but if it stays around as talented (unlikely, but hey, it's Blizzard) it won't be like it is now. It'll be on something fun or different, and tacked on as a bonus effect. It may not even be permanent, but like a Shadow-Enrage type effect that's only a temporary (unsustained) 10% buff proc'ing off of things.