Thread: Tauren Paladins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    @Vindislayer

I liked your post so much until you brought up Undead Paladins. Especially since just before that you explained how the UD priests are able to wield the Light.

You realize that a Forsaken choosing to become a Paladin would basically doom him to be endlessly on fire, right?

(As entertainingly awesome as that prospect may be, the point stands)

Quote Originally Posted by Yetal View Post
    @Vindislayer

I liked your post so much until you brought up Undead Paladins. Especially since just before that you explained how the UD priests are able to wield the Light.

You realize that a Forsaken choosing to become a Paladin would basically doom him to be endlessly on fire, right?

(As entertainingly awesome as that prospect may be, the point stands)

*waves around lit match* It's not Richard Pryor, it's an Undead Paladin!

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

you can be an undead priest and spec holy, so why not undead paladin?

lore? cmon, it's been broken a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    No, no and no. It has been discussed thoroughly, and although there are some (very very few) undead creatures with seemingly paladin-like abilities, there's no way there could be Forsaken paladins because of various moral (the forsaken knowingly serve an evil purpose, which paladins can't do) and technical issues (the Light would blow them up). Their priests actually use shadow magic as it heals the undead (like a death knight's death coil heals his undead minions), but are dubbed as holy because of gameplay and balance issues. Imagine what it would be in a raid with undead priests that could only heal other undead, or with the healer burning their undead MT to ashes.
    You are incorrect.

Q: Can you please explain how "light" works? The lore states that undead are physically incapable of using the light, much like the Broken, but then we have Forsaken players casting healing spells, and Sir Zeliek in Naxxramas using pseudo-paladin abilities.

A: Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it. That's why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne). For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower; Forsaken (and death knight) tanks suffer nobly when they have priest and paladin healers in the group; and Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...26575587&sid=1

EDIT: Ugh, beat to it. Sorry for the fail.
    Last edited by Taziri; 2010-07-13 at 05:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraenir View Post
    you can be an undead priest and spec holy, so why not undead paladin?

lore? cmon, it's been broken a long time ago.
    Forsaken "heal" with Shadow Magic- However, they have to use Holy in-game to keep game balance.

There is a difference between needing to allow Holy Priests so they can actually be useful outside of Shadow dps (and making it so Undead can actually be healed by Priests/Paladins) versus scrapping the entire concept of how Paladins and Undead interact.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Almost every other horde race, including undead make far more sense to have paladins than Tauren do. That and the tauren pally mount looks epically retarded far worse than the celestial steed even.

Why would Trolls have Paladins? Orcs? Sunwalker Taurens make by far the most sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RTP212 View Post
    Almost every other horde race, including undead make far more sense to have paladins than Tauren do. That and the tauren pally mount looks epically retarded far worse than the celestial steed even.
    Someones a jealous little Paladin who doesn't get an epic looking mount like the Retbulls will!
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    Someones a jealous little Paladin who doesn't get an epic looking mount like the Retbulls will!
    ^this

and btw, the lore about Mu'sha and An'she was there since the beginning. they just start using it now

The way I see it, tauren pallies = wat, and undead pallies = possible. Cuz like, undeads are dead humans amirite? And humans are pallies. So lets look at it like this; human pally dies and gets resurrected as an undead, but the light still haven't left him becouse in life he had a grand task or some shit like that to do but couldn't complete it before he died/got killed and now as an undead he/she have been given a second chance so he/she is still able to draw upon the light's power. That's a possibility right? Or am I not making any sense? Anyway, they could have chosen a better race than taurens for the new horde pally race imo. It just doesn't make any sense to me, it's going to be a bit hard to swallow.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Tauren worship the Sun. The Sun is another source of the Light (the lore and literal versions).
    Undead cannot control the Light in a way that is required of even the freshest Paladin apprentice.

What about that is so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    *waves around lit match* It's not Richard Pryor, it's an Undead Paladin!
    That made me LOL for real. Most people probably wouldn't get the reference though.

Anyhow, Tauren do make more sense as priests and paladins. It's been explained several times in this thread and hundreds of times previously. It's just some people are stuck on seeing Undead as somehow a more viable option when realistically Tauren have been the most viable from the start. See the dozens of previous explanations why (worship the sun, have an already existing connection to "the light"` from that, etc).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Critterbot View Post
    The way I see it, tauren pallies = wat, and undead pallies = possible. Cuz like, undeads are dead humans amirite? And humans are pallies.
    Technically, no Forsaken (playable characters) are Paladins, because at the time the forsaken were created, all Paladins were immune to the Undeath Plague (which is why they were sent to battle the Undead, that alongside their faith).

Only until recently have Paladins become vulnerable to the Plague (See the Crusader quest in ICC where you have to run around everywhere).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we able to change our paladin to taurens immediatly or not when cata hits

15+ Year Old Account
    should be.
    what is definitely not possible is to instantly change to worgen/goblins.

OT:
    gratz at an exactly one month old topic. on the other side... gratz at using the search function.

I like the idea. but i'm not changing to Tauren until i see the new Racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm jealous about their mounts, those are the best looking kodos ingame and I'd love to get my troll/goblin on one of those.

Lorewise forsaken heal with shadow magic, shamans heal with frost/water magic, etc.
    They are however balanced around the game mechanics, wouldn't it suck if you get kicked a mind blast and can't heal for 8 seconds while the Ally priest laughs at you because he can do both?
    Also It'd be fun to watch UD Paladin cast consecration only to get himself hurt or holy wrath and end up stunned, they pretty much can't stand the light.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    Are we able to change our paladin to taurens immediatly or not when cata hits
    I think they stated that you will not beable to switch to Goblin/Worgen or the new class combinations right away.