Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chakra brainstorm

I think chakra could use some personality tweaks to make it more 'interesting.'

At the moment, I don't think anybody can deny it is awesome and will be invaluable, but what if....

It affected holy nova to increase the radius (potentially as part of the PoH chakra). The PoH chakra could modify pom in some way as well. Also any of the spells included in the PoH chakra should be allowed to contribute to its activation. For example: PoH --> PoM --> CoH --> BAM Chakra activated.

I think some haste on Heal would be nicer than crit. (Or make the 5% crit into 10% ^.^)

Renew is pretty badass, although it suffers from scaling issues... Once we have loads of good gear (with haste on it) the automatic-haste-cap-on-renew loses a lot of its value. Maybe they could increase total haste (GCD and tick speed) on renew by 20% or something.

I'm not sure I like how PoH chakra just makes PoH 10% bigger either... We've never typically wanted BIGGER ones, but that remains to be seen in cata ofc... If they gave haste to PoH as well it might just feel like they're giving haste on all the chakra benefits, and it would maybe hurt the synergy we're supposed to have with deliverance (the new serendipity). And deliverance needs to get changed to work with Heal, otherwise it's gonna be borderline useless. (Flash heal costs more than Gheal in current beta build).

What changes can you guys see for chakra? I'm trying to see things that would include more of our spells, as well as make them easier to use (i.e. range on holy nova, maybe 15 yards?).

the main change i'd see for chakra would be not forcing us to spec in SoR and lolwell to have access to it.

we already know we'll have half the talent points we have now and it's been said they'll make us have some hard talent choices. losing 2 points out of 31 to get chakra would be too much of a "price" to pay than 2 out of 76.

Keep in mind that almost all of those 76 talent points go onto completely mandatory talents that passively increase healing by X%, leaving you with much less actual choice than what they seem to be proposing for the new talent trees.

Chakra's should really go in no particular order, just as long as you cast the spell 3 times within a certain period, if you cast renew then cast heal, you will gain one of each stack lasting 20 seconds until another stack in applied refreshing the cd, once you get 3 stacks you gain that chakras effect.

And just to be distinguished each chakra effect should change your appearance depending on that spell was cast, like empowered renew can make green swirls around you, then empowered heal can make your hands glow, small things to avoid a cluster fuck of visual effects.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    the main change i'd see for chakra would be not forcing us to spec in SoR and lolwell to have access to it.

we already know we'll have half the talent points we have now and it's been said they'll make us have some hard talent choices. losing 2 points out of 31 to get chakra would be too much of a "price" to pay than 2 out of 76.
    Ghostcrawler said that Lightwell requierement will be removed, it just to force beta testers to try Lightwell in the new healing scenario and get some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    Ghostcrawler said that Lightwell requierement will be removed, it just to force beta testers to try Lightwell in the new healing scenario and get some feedback.
    Could you post the blue post that states it?

That sounds feeshy... If they do that then we know for sure they've given up on it.

Edit: I'm not sure I like:
    Chakra's should really go in no particular order, just as long as you cast the spell 3 times within a certain period, if you cast renew then cast heal, you will gain one of each stack lasting 20 seconds until another stack in applied refreshing the cd, once you get 3 stacks you gain that chakras effect.
    because that takes some of the point of the spell away. What I do think would be better however, is if casting a spell unlinked to any chakra did not disrupt stack building. renew -> guardian spirit -> renew -> levitate -> renew = RENEW CHAKRA
    There are emergencies where you can and should forget about your intention and instead react to something that happened.
    Last edited by Lysdexic; 2010-07-10 at 09:59 AM.

Edit: Ghostcrawler did say that they kept Lightwell there to convince Beta Testers to try out its use in the new healing environment, forcing them to take it in the hopes that some of the stigma surrounding it would drop. They "may" remove it as a pre-requisite for Chakra, but that's why it's there right now.

Not to mention Cure Disease also interrupts stack building, currently. :S
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-07-10 at 03:35 PM.

Fmv that is how Chakra should work:

Everytime we cast a Chakra spell we get one charge. We can have at the same time charges from differnt Chakras. Charges has no duration and all them disappear when we stack 3 of the same Chakra entering to the Chakra state. Chakra states should last a bit more, maybe 30 sec.

So even if we cast:

Prayer - Heal - Circle - Shield - Heal - Prayer - Renew - Binding - Prayer

we could enter to Prayer Chakra state.

In my opinion that will increase Chakra flexibility by a lot, but it will make the talent boring as Spiritual Healing. I still don't know how priest designers chosed Chakra. There has to be far better ideas.
    Last edited by Zoros; 2010-07-11 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fmv that is how Chakra should work:
    Everytime we cast a Chakra spell we get one charge. We can have at the same time charges from differnt Chakras. Charges has no duration and all them disappear when we stack 3 of the same Chakra entering to the Chakra state. Chakra states should last a bit more, maybe 30 sec.
    Good point, that is indeed how it should be.
    I assumed this is how it is now but since you say Chakra is interrupted once you cast a *non-Chakra* spell, that's pretty annoying.

I see that Chakra is definitely going to make me play holy again, i've been Disc for the longer part of WotLK and i pretty much enjoy it(It's not just spam shields btw).

In addition, i think if you for example were on a Chakra state of Renew. And you cast 3 PoH's you should switch to the PoH Chakra without having to cancel the buff or wait for it's timer to run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    The PoH chakra could modify pom in some way as well.
    I thought about it, what do we always feel that we would love in PoM, MORE POM!!!!.

What if the PoH Chakra had a chance to reset the stacks of the current active PoM and reset the CD for PoM, also allowing you to have more than 1 PoM up at a time, maybe up to a maximum of 3.
    TbH, i'd like that more than decreasing the CD of CoH, 3 prayer of mendings keep getting their stacks reset by casting PoH .. WOAAAAAAAAAH!

The reason I don't agree with the stack building mechanism is that this Chakra concept is supposed to make you change up your gameplay I think... If you can have a castrandom macro and activate all the chakra benefits something is wrong...

What I DO think however is that it should only be linked to the spells affecting Chakra. Dispels, GS, Lifegrip... these are spells that should be useable at a moment's notice and have no effect on Chakra.

Renew --> Renew --> Lifegrip --> Renew = Renew Chakra
    Renew --> Renew --> Heal --> Renew = Nothing happens.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    a better way of implementing this is to make chakra a stacking buff indicator. problably effect done by holy spells by 1% per chakra charge.Within chakra is a counter for each applicable spells 1 for each: Renew - increase the heal Smite - increase the damage done by offensive spells by 3%, Renew - increase healing done by 3% to units with renew, and jumps to another target when it fully heals the current target, Prayer of Healing - your prayer of mending heals by 30% of amount it heals, and reduce the cooldown of circle of healing by 1 second, Greater Heal - your Greater heal has 20% chance to refresh the duration of renew on your target, and refund 30% of the mana cost for every holy spell on your target when you over heal with Greater Heal.

The reason I don't agree with the stack building mechanism is that this Chakra concept is supposed to make you change up your gameplay I think... If you can have a castrandom macro and activate all the chakra benefits something is wrong...

What I DO think however is that it should only be linked to the spells affecting Chakra. Dispels, GS, Lifegrip... these are spells that should be useable at a moment's notice and have no effect on Chakra.

Renew --> Renew --> Lifegrip --> Renew = Renew Chakra
    Renew --> Renew --> Heal --> Renew = Nothing happens.
    Completly agree, but I would go further. We have to be able to use emergency spells and dispels in every moment. To penalize a priest for using Guardian Spirit to save a player about to die, or for dispeling a Polymorph during Chakra reactivation is against the priest gameplay. Chakra activations will be a really important amount of time.

3 Smite/Heal spells are 6 secons, every 20 seconds, are 30% of our time. Maybe we could reduce the amount to 20% with haste, but it's still too much time of strict rotations. Chakra will frustrate us constantly because we will lose our Chakra state everytime we use the "correct" spell during reactivations.

What happens if we need Fade or Psychic Scream? We have to chose between a buff or being hitted by an out of control elite mob? What about Inner Focus? We can activate it to cast the third Prayer of Healing? It's absurd.

If we start making a list of spells that should not abort Chakra reactivations, soon we will realize that we must be able to cast any spell during Chakra rotations, including other Chakra spells. Even Mind Soothe should not interrupt it!

I think That chakra Seems nice the way it is.
    Then the holy priest need to make up this mind about whats more important.
    Is it more important to save the tank with guardian spirit och to dispel that nasty disease.

It sure will make some interesting gameplay, Tho they need to balance so that 100% uptime on chakra isn't needed to do a sufficient Job.

But thats my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Leafen View Post
    I think That chakra Seems nice the way it is.
    Then the holy priest need to make up this mind about whats more important.
    Is it more important to save the tank with guardian spirit och to dispel that nasty disease.

It sure will make some interesting gameplay, Tho they need to balance so that 100% uptime on chakra isn't needed to do a sufficient Job.

But thats my 2 cents
    That reduces Chakra to a buff that is only active on predictable and unchallenging content. When we need more help Chakra fails. Seems the opposite of Test of Faith. Test of Faith increases healing when we need it, but Chakra only works on trivial fights.

Chakra increases our healing in situations that we aren't forced to use Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Greater Heal, Circle of Healing or Guardian Spirit. Do we need help on these fights? If we can overcome a combat just casting Heal, is really necessary a buff?

Chakra only works for slow motion fights where we can spam endlessly the same button. For fights that requires to swith constantly to bigger, faster or emergency heals Chakra is unattainable, then frustrating, stupid and useless. The best example of how useless is Chakra is PvP. Anybody will atempt to play battlegrounds with Chakra?

Chakra increases our healing in situations that we aren't forced to use Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Greater Heal, Circle of Healing or Guardian Spirit. Do we need help on these fights? If we can overcome a combat just casting Heal, is really necessary a buff?
    Don't forget PoM or dispels, or cooldowns like DH, HoH, SF, or levitate, or [insert priest spells ad infinitum].

Don't forget PoM or dispels, or cooldowns like DH, HoH, SF, or levitate, or [insert priest spells ad infinitum].
    It would be fine with me if Mending broke Chakra. By "Fine" I mean, irritating, but we'd survive. We shouldn't be pushing it on cooldown, anyways. Dispels and Cooldowns, on the other hand, are a huge deficit. They're required, and letting Holy's output get gibbed because of it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It would be fine with me if Mending broke Chakra. By "Fine" I mean, irritating, but we'd survive. We shouldn't be pushing it on cooldown, anyways. Dispels and Cooldowns, on the other hand, are a huge deficit. They're required, and letting Holy's output get gibbed because of it sucks.
    I'm agree that Prayer of Mending is too rotational right now. But in my opinion, to make Mending interrupt Chakra activations will increase even more priest rotations. After Chakra activations we would always cast Prayer of Mending.

Heal-Heal-Heal-Mending
    Prayer-Prayer-Prayer-Mending
    Renew-Renew-Renew-Mending

To be able to cast Mending during Chakra activations would increase a bit our combinations, ofc our gameplay would still be too rotational to make Chakra a good thing, but it's a good first step.

Circle of Healing has the same "too rotational" problem, but probably its new cooldown will fix it, at the same time the healing increase will make the spell more interesting for PvP. Right now its healing amount is imperceptbile in PvP. Probably the way to fix Mending problem is to increase its cooldown too. If Blizzard dislikes PvP instant spam (reason why Flash Heal has been removed from Surge of Light) maybe Prayer of Mending should have a slight cooldown nerf. Another option could be to emphasize the multi-target healing purpose of the spell reducing the first charge heal, forcing priests to only use Mending if at least two targets are receiving damage.

Deleted
    I agree they need to drop the "cast 3 in a row" thing. It would be much more interesting.

Something like:

PoM- Heal- CoH- Heal- PW: S - Heal- Chakra - Heal

And they need to change the Prayer of Healing chakra add CoH to the activation would be nice

The current animation is really annoying. :S

It has to be something more subtle. Divine Hymn that must have a really awesome animation, has a nearly invisible notes. And Chakra that has to be somethind delicate, is like having a disco ball in your feet.