Overall Alliance vs. Horde comparison

Im going to look at all the different zones and split them into 6 catagories, Alliance Owned, Alliance Favored, Neutral/contested, Horde Favored, Horde owned, not yet known This is just what im guessing (this isnt fact because im not in beta but based on the maps i can get the idea), BTW: This is from a lore standpoint

Alliance owned - 9
    Dun Morogh
    Duskwood
    Elwynn Forest
    Wetlands
    Westfall
    Teldrassil
    Azuremyst Isle
    Bloodmyst Isle
    Loch Modan

Alliance Favored - 6
    Blasted Lands
    Duskwallow Marsh
    Redridge Mountains
    Southern Barrens
    Darkshore
    Feralas

Contested - 10
    Arathi Highlands
    Badlands
    Eastern Plaguelands
    Hinterlands
    Searing Gorge
    Gilneas
    Ashenvale
    Desolace
    Felwood
    Stonetalon Mountains

Horde Favored - 6
    Alterac Mountains
    Hillsbrad Foothills
    Silverpine Forest
    Western Plaguelands
    Durotar
    Ghostlands

Horde Owned - 8
    Swamp of Sorrows
    Azshara
    Nothern Barrens
    Mulgore
    Thousand Needles
    Tirisfal Glades
    Eversong Woods
    Lost Isles

Unknown
    Tanaris
    Stranglethorn Vale
    Silithus
    Un'goro Crater

Alliance Total Owned/Favored: 15

Horde Total Owned/Favored: 14

Contested: 10

Unknown so far: 4

So far the Alliance lore wise have more ground and land then the horde, not tons but more.

Barrens is 1 area... and it is totally under horde control
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Horde don't really have the Lost Isles. Unless I'm mistaken, you can't actually return to that zone after you complete the quests as a goblin.
    I'd also go as far as to say Ashenvale, although there is fighting, primarily belongs to the Horde now'a days.

And before anyone comes in and (for god knows what reasone) rages about the Alliance having more ground then the Horde, keep in Mind the Alliance are taking an ass-kicking in alot of zones, even though it's not against the Horde.

Explain how the Alliance are favored in EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Explain how the Alliance are favored in EPL.
    That is under contested. And the horde dont own ashenvale, ashenvale is a complete warzone meaning its contested, and each side has the same number of bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    That is under contested. And the horde dont own ashenvale, ashenvale is a complete warzone meaning its contested, and each side has the same number of bases.
    I swear I saw it as Alliance Favored.

so its about even, whats your point & who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Under contested my ass, Horde Capital to the north and to the west, that place is strategically worthless to the alliance even if it was under their control, in fact it would do more harm than good, specially since The Lich King established a base there. Ashenvale used to be elf territory and now the horde is attacking it, and frankly... the elves are not doing a very good job in keeping it... we all know where that is going
    Last edited by Pandush; 2010-07-10 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

everyone knows that is I M P O S S I B L E to judge this right ? ... ever hear of something called PHASING ? .. blizz is using it alot in this xpac .. unless somone has already done every quest in every zone to see whats going on ( i doubt that is even possible yet since there are places without NPC's still) you cant say who is winning / who is loosing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    Barrens is 1 area... and it is totally under horde control
    Not anymore, and Southern Barrens is very much Alliance favored. They've destroyed Taurajo.

ITT: Alliance whining because they now have equal land as Horde instead of the more that it used to be back in Vanilla.

Tell me how Durotar is Horde favored and not owned?

I think you have a few things mixed up, Badlands is horde favored, Alterac Mountains is contested. Ashenvale is more so horde now and Felwood is more so alliance no. Swamp of sorrows is now WPL has a bigger alliance presence. Gilneas is alliance... dont know why thats contested. Arathi highlands has always been horde heavy Northern Barrens is contested now because the alliance has 1 (maybe 2 if u count northwatch hold) base in northern barrens. And considering the fact that the dark irons will be joing the alliance id say searing gorge is swinging more to the alliance

Alterac unless Hillsbrad gets another Alliance presence or Alterac gets an Alliance base should be leaning a bit Horde as they are the only ones with quests for the zones.

Gilneas is contested as the Forsaken own half the territory.(Hence the BG.)

Northwatch Hold is in Southern Barrens now so they only hold 1 base to the Horde's 2-3

Not all Dark Irons are joining the Alliance, most are not joining willingly. Thorium Brotherhood the faction in Searing Gorge will not take sides and thus Searing stays contested.

Thousand Needles is only slightly Horde favored at this point, and definitely not Horde owned. Swamp of Sorrows is also now a throughly contested zone with the Alliance now possessing a sizable fortress in addition to the existing Harborage.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

From the Total Biscuit WPL video I saw recently I would say that the alliance and the argent crusade are the major parties there with the forsaken really having a hold in Andorhal.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...temgale/simple
    "Your mother was a wrench and your father smelled of seaforium!" - Stormforged Taskmaster

Quote Originally Posted by shadow121292 View Post
    Alterac unless Hillsbrad gets another Alliance presence or Alterac gets an Alliance base should be leaning a bit Horde as they are the only ones with quests for the zones.

Gilneas is contested as the Forsaken own half the territory.(Hence the BG.)

Northwatch Hold is in Southern Barrens now so they only hold 1 base to the Horde's 2-3

Not all Dark Irons are joining the Alliance, most are not joining willingly. Thorium Brotherhood the faction in Searing Gorge will not take sides and thus Searing stays contested.
    I am aware that some of the dark iron will not be joining the alliance but all of searing gorge belongs to the dark iron why the alliance wouldnt have a presence there is beyond me. And the horde only have 1 base in northern barrens

ashenvale and stonetalon, while both contested are pretty horde favored if you ask me, just based on what i've seen from beta