Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Moves For Warriors In Cata?

So I was thinking about making a warrior and was wondering what new moves warriors will have in Cata?

Warriors get a new leap attack... sort of.

Warriors don't get a lot of new stuff, Warriors hit things with our weapons. That doesn't change much. and warriors tend to scales REALLY well with gear. I doubt either of these things are really going to change, even tho blizzard is trying to get warriors to a more controllable place. If hitting stuff with your weapon doesn't sound like fun, roll a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikyoo View Post

Warriors don't get a lot of new stuff, Warriors hit things with our weapons. That doesn't change much. and warriors tend to scales REALLY well with gear. I doubt either of these things are really going to change, even tho blizzard is trying to get warriors to a more controllable place. If hitting stuff with your weapon doesn't sound like fun, roll a hunter.
    I thought warriors already had a leap attack in the past???? So they scale really well with gear, meaning I have to have the best gear to be competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl55 View Post
    I thought warriors already had a leap attack in the past???? So they scale really well with gear, meaning I have to have the best gear to be competitive?
    You have to have the best gear to be competitive with any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy View Post
    Really, then how come I see other classes saying "gear score" means nothing, but all I hear about warriors is that they are highly gear dependent?

---------- Post added 2010-07-10 at 03:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy View Post
    Thanks for the link, but I don't see anything new??? Am I missing something?

they didn't add any skills for warrior yet. it's still beta, things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle View Post
    they didn't add any skills for warrior yet. it's still beta, things can change.
    Ahh..kk...cause making one is not looking too appealing, especially the being heavily gear dependent aspect.

---------- Post added 2010-07-10 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kikyoo View Post

What do you mean by "controllable place"?

There is a big difference between having good gear and a high gear score. Spellpower plate can have high gear score, but it won't do much for us warriors...

Ahh..kk...cause making one is not looking too appealing, especially the being heavily gear dependent aspect.

---------- Post added 2010-07-10 at 03:47 AM ----------

What do you mean by "controllable place"?
    Controllable place is referring to how currently once warriors receive their BiS for whatever current tier they are in they start ripping that tier to pieces. There's a reason the first OS10 zerg was 1 DK and 9 fury warriors - almost all of them with Betrayer of Humanity as at least their MH weapon. Because warriors scale so well they are trapped in this cycle of raid, get good gear, get nerfed in some manner, new content, new gear, nerfed again, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Controllable place is referring to how currently once warriors receive their BiS for whatever current tier they are in they start ripping that tier to pieces. There's a reason the first OS10 zerg was 1 DK and 9 fury warriors - almost all of them with Betrayer of Humanity as at least their MH weapon. Because warriors scale so well they are trapped in this cycle of raid, get good gear, get nerfed in some manner, new content, new gear, nerfed again, etc.
    So when you don't have the BIS gear are you at the bottom of the dps meters?

Yeah, leap was in WotLK beta but got removed for some weird reason.

EDIT: Search on uTube if you want to see the animation etc, very similar to the D2 warrior leap, if not an exact copy - Blizzstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Yeah, leap was in WotLK beta but got removed for some weird reason.

EDIT: Search on uTube if you want to see the animation etc, very similar to the D2 warrior leap, if not an exact copy - Blizzstyle
    Thats what I thought....Its not looking too exciting for warriors....

they removed HLeap in WOTLK due to terrain issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides View Post
    they removed HLeap in WOTLK due to terrain issues.
    Terrain issues meaning it would put us out of range while stunned kind of like they way others can mount jump our stuns that they never fixed?

Terrain issues meaning it would put us out of range while stunned kind of like they way others can mount jump our stuns that they never fixed?
    They said it caused some unfair advantages while questing and some technical errors that caused the terrain to allow weird bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

They said it caused some unfair advantages while questing and some technical errors that caused the terrain to allow weird bugs.
    Ahh...thanks. Well warriors seem to be boring come Cata. Does anyone know how long a caster (mage) will take to level to 85?

A lot of it had to do with terrain exploitations and getting to areas that were not finished since much of vanilla is smoke and mirrors terrain.

Ahh...thanks. Well warriors seem to be boring come Cata. Does anyone know how long a caster (mage) will take to level to 85?

I could be wrong, but leveling a caster to 85 will take approximately 68.4 hours of gameplay.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that every class will take around the same time to level in the expansion. If I were you though; I'd enjoy the content instead of trying to level as fast as possible ^^