15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

Cataclysm Eclipse

I posted this on WoW.com on the latest moonkin Post, Was wondering what you guys think of this comment(yes its mine)

http://www.wow.com/2010/07/09/shifti...ents/29189659/

I tried my best to try to explain it, if anything is confusing please ask.

Ohh and if u hate Wall of Text, look away!

Deleted
    This all seems very complicated. The current plans for eclipse will probably work out the best. This is copied from another thread i applied to, and is Blizzards current plans for eclipse. This is excactly what we have been asking for:

The meter looks something like this:

Solar |-----:-----| Lunar
    The : in the middle signals the pointer where the meter is. It starts at the middle position if you have not recently been in combat.

As you cast any solar (nature) ability, it will generate some sort of lunar power. Likewise, lunar spells (arcane) will generate solar energy. Cast a wrath, generate lunar power, and your meter will look like this:

|------:----| = the wrath made it move towards lunar energy.

Eventually, you will reach the end of the meter: |----------:|

This will give you a lunar eclipse buff for 15 seconds. This buff scales depending on the amount of points in your tree, and your mastery stat. However, this may change when the new talent trees come out, but at the moment the eclipse bonus from the mastery is around 20%. Ill repeat: Its 20%, not 40%. This is fine, cause spells will be scaled around this, and this means that each mastery rating we get, it will increase the power of eclipse. Dont hang yourself too much into that number, in any case. If it stays like this or gets changed when the new talent trees come out, we will just have to wait and see.

Anyways, once you reach the end of the eclipse meter, in this case |----------:|, you will obviously start using starfire, which will push your eclipse meter back towards the middle and eventually to the solar end, which will proc solar eclipse. As far as I can tell, you get lunar energy from wrath, insect swarm, treants and wild mushrooms (guess), and you get solar energy from starfire, moonfire, starfall and so on. Starsurge gives energy to whatever you have the most of it, and a lot of it.

With the new eclipse system, you will proc eclipse faster as you get more crit, as each crit generates additional power. Also, starfire will obviously generate more power than wrath will, to account for the longer cast time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will add that it's still in early beta phase so there will be some changes in that mechanic so there's no reason now to learn how exactly it work unless you are beta tester and you can send some feedbacks

Lets just say that the new mechanic (as currently planned) has me very excited to play Boomkin in the expansion (which is something I REFUSE to do now). That and the spirit to hit talent will mean quite a few healing druids will end up subspeccing balance.

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    Q: Moonkin: What are your plans for Eclipse, and why does it infect so many of our talents? What are your plans to make Moonkin fun?
    A. The model we are trying now lets Solar and Lunar Eclipse procs last for about 45 seconds, and each spell of the appropriate type that you cast moves the bar back closer to the middle again. The buff is canceled by reaching the middle. This should let Moonkin "hold" the buff for short periods of time when they need to move or get out of the fire.
    hmm that is like chargebased ... Haste will actualy faster "shutdown" eclipse buff. Maybe with removing hidden cd it can work, when you will faster proc solar/lunar.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    hmm that is like chargebased ... Haste will actualy faster "shutdown" eclipse buff. Maybe with removing hidden cd it can work, when you will faster proc solar/lunar.
    If you have so much haste that your burning through eclipses quicker than the cooldown on it then you can always switch back to the other school till the cooldown is almost up and give you enough time to build up an eclipse.

Deleted
    I do not like the new mechanic. It doens't make it charge based. It doesn't help anywhere but when we have to move.

It does, however, ensure that our spells are in eclipse 50% of the time, and outside of eclipse 50% of the time. Nothing more, nothing less, unless we find a way (say, Starsurge) to prolong the time we take to get to the middle. No matter how much haste you get, it just means you reach the middle faster, and in turn reach the other side faster. Still 50/50. No haste scaling on what is one of the most important parts of our damage. Furthermore, as our crit rises, we will get less casts out before we reach the middle. Still only puts us at 50/50.

I'd much rather prefer the current beta version.