Paladin and Lock epic mount quests 'back'?

Ok, I know that they've not actually gone away - it's just that you can only get them at 60 (or just pickup epic riding and train the mount at 40) and requires you to do into instances that many people skip as they're doing TBC instances at 60.

However, now that Scholo, Strat and Diremaul are all around lvl 40 instances will this mean that they'll adjust the questline for the epic mount to make it a lvl 40 quest chain? I actually enjoyed doing the Lock epic mount quest back when it was the only why to get the burning horsie and I'd like to do it again on my potential new Worgen Lock.

Or, will they, more than likely, just remove these quests completely in game?

New players don't want to do long quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then, new players suck. =( Was a fun quest chain, thank God I got to do it.

Can you really expect anything cool and adventurous to come back? It's all about evolving to appeal to the masses. Don't expect the warm glow of newness with cata to last as long as tBC

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they stay. I enjoyed them immensly on my alts.

I am all for having class specific quests with neat rewards, but they won't the the kinds of quests where you go to the end of the world, get a piece of wood, go to the other end of the world, get the metal, etc.

If they are still in the game, they will be phased/shorter.

You know, I didn't think about it, but that might be the case. Hopefully they keep them, I remember helping friends do both back in Vanilla and would like to do them when I level a Warlock and a Paladin in Cataclysm even if it means having to do them at level 85.

Also, Haté, you're not really a "new" player when you're past 40 in my opinion. Regardlessly, new players will do plenty of long quest lines from what I understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is by getting rid of/ shortening quests only makes the game a little less rewarding. For example, the Shadowmourne quest is long and enduring but in the end its worth it. When you finally receive Shadowmourne its more rewarding in the end. Same feelings felt when receiving my epic pally mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daziel View Post
    Was a fun quest chain, thank God I got to do it.
    One of the most fun quest chains I did =P
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    New players don't want to do long quest.
    Pretty much sums it up.

I never got to do the pally one but I did the lock one back in vanilla. I really enjoyed that quest and the Alliance Ony attunement quest chain.

Yeah those chains were great. I feel that it's little things this like that should be brought back to the game. It took some time, but the reward was great. I still remember when I completed my warlock chain quest to get my dreadsteed

no those quests are gone...now if they can get rid of all the dumb quests that you need 1 item and 800 mobs later the item still hasnt dropped...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    no those quests are gone...now if they can get rid of all the dumb quests that you need 1 item and 800 mobs later the item still hasnt dropped...
    I beleive that I seen somewhere that they are fixing that.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

I hope they do. I did this both when it was required, AND when it wasn't, just for fun.

WoW is missing a lot of it's epic feeling quests, and I too hope they bring these quests back (at maybe a reduced material cost).

10+ Year Old Account
    I rememebr the chrger quest
    I did it when it wasn't required because I was poor and it worked out cheaper than 500G epic riding

I still love the BE Paladin charger quest. I had the choice to buy the epic charger; but, I chose not - since I really dig the Blood Knight Tabard.

i think i must have been one of the last people to have done the pally charger quest when it was required to get an epic mount.
    i only came into the game mid BC and i was about level 63 by the time i actually got my charger, but it was a real sense of achievement not felt with any of my other chars since.

As to whether the quest should be brought back into the game im not so sure, Blizzard's policy recently has been making the game more accessable to newcomers, which those quests certainly werent.

there would have been a lot of newcomers who would have given up long before me as they didn't have level 70 friends to help them out in strath and scholo (and not LFD tool to make use of).

The option should remain if players want to do the quests, and the "Feat of Strength" reward is nice (but not as nice as a shiny new charger/dreadsteed), however the necessity would put off a lot of players from the class

Casuals do not want anything that limits their time in Dalaran flexing their welfare epics while they wait for a pug to kill deathwing normal and get the same loot as everyone else on the server. Long quests involve brain power and would be one of these things casuals will avoid, they therefore wont be in the game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
    Casuals do not want anything that limits their time in Dalaran flexing their welfare epics while they wait for a pug to kill deathwing normal and get the same loot as everyone else on the server. Long quests involve brain power and would be one of these things casuals will avoid, they therefore wont be in the game anymore.
    Casuals you mean <12 year old players. :P
    Its a shame little boys are ruining some aspects of the game.