Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So basically he's complaining about the first 3 quests being 2 kill quests and a heal the random soldier quest. Well let's look at the goblin start zone, first 3 quests (not counting the gift) a kill quest, a click the random troll quest and a click the random cola can quest. How is that much different?

Next, getting a quest to go see the class trainer is wrong. Maybe it's a gnome thing but I got one for a dwarf warlock which negates that arguement. It's probably due to the fact that the gnome starting area isn't in yet.

Next, the boar killing. This is a vast improvement on what this sort of thing used to be. You only require 3 meat and whilst yes it is slightly annoying it's hardly terrible and he only kills 6 or 7 of them to actually complete the quest which is probably what you would of expected the number to be if it was 100% drop rate.

No storyline to speak of? The catacylsm has happened and the troggs have been driven out and are attacking the dwarves.The dwarves are having to retreat and have ordered the civilians to stay inside anvilmar. But they need food and supplies to survive in there and so that is your mission (you collect drink, pelts and meat as well as fighting off the troggs that have caused the whole situation).

The troggs have also driven off the trolls abit who are building a new settlement near kharanos which you must destroy which is quite an extensive quest line. It starts with the trolls being forsaken by their elemental spirits and so they seek the help of a fire elemental which is quite taboo for ice trolls when you think about it. It shows their desperation and that they are also affected by the cataclysm.

Not only all of that it but this zone also leads on to the great airfield questline where the dark iron are attacking due the chaotic circumstances that the troggs have caused (they saw the opportunity). Here you must extinguish burning planes, inspire the troops, do a bombing run and defeat the invasion leader. This then leads on to you confronting the new council of 3 in ironforge and acusing Moira Bronzebeard. She obviously protests and you discover the real traitorous dwarf at the dark iron embassay who is still in league with the twilight's hammer. There's going to be a huge leadership struggle in ironforge and considering some of the spoiler stuff i've heard it's going to be very very nice.

As for this attacking the troggs and boars comming? watch it again, he targets the boar, casts, and then switches targets thinking the spell would hit the trogg. That is incredibly noobish and very annoying that he blames the game.

Yes the mechanics do need tweaking but this isn't even the gnome starting area! It's not complete and to slate it so much is ridiculous. He's just an idiot and Cynical Brit is the perfect name for his podcast or whatever he actually does.

10+ Year Old Account
    For people saying Dun Morough is revamped already and good now for quest testing need to read the front page. See that list of zones that are ready for testing and feedback? See that "No" by Dun Morogh?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    For people saying Dun Morough is revamped already and good now for quest testing need to read the front page. See that list of zones that are ready for testing and feedback? See that "No" by Dun Morogh?
    That<s what I was going to say...

Quote Originally Posted by aeonorion View Post
    The same goes for Durotar, trolls and orcs still start the same and there's only minor changes to the quests.
    lol no bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently for a while skins with wildhammer tattoos
    (http://i32.tinypic.com/bjep0p.png <-- the blue ones)were availbe to everyone that rolled dwarf shaman or any dwarf(don't know, only tried this on shammie) but it seemed like it was removed in later builds of the beta

Deleted
    dont get all period over something thts only in beta yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Quote from the Blue Post (currently visible on mainpage):

No = Not ready for testing, i.e not yet revamped

ITS BETA!!!
    Actually, sometimes things on the mainpage are slightly outdated.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're still making adjustments to Dun Morogh, but for the most part it is ready for testing.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...00&pageNo=1#14
    Last edited by mmocd6ec2cafc0; 2010-07-22 at 03:24 PM.

What Biscuit had in his video is an improvement over the current dorf/gnome starting area stuff but it's nowhere near the quality experience that the Worgen/Goblin zones are. He's also a committed hordie and self-confessed alt-o-phobe remember so it's not like he'd have seen the current ally startup zones anyway...

I wouldn't expect that the revamping of the original starting areas would be as awesome as the two new ones (eg., no major landscape phasing) but what we saw in the gnome clip isn't the finished experience.

Quote Originally Posted by snark^ View Post
    What Biscuit had in his video is an improvement over the current dorf/gnome starting area stuff but it's nowhere near the quality experience that the Worgen/Goblin zones are. He's also a committed hordie and self-confessed alt-o-phobe remember so it's not like he'd have seen the current ally startup zones anyway...

I wouldn't expect that the revamping of the original starting areas would be as awesome as the two new ones (eg., no major landscape phasing) but what we saw in the gnome clip isn't the finished experience.
    Can't find that video on Cynicalbrit. Care to link it?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new gnome starting area is fine.. I didn't run into any bugs when I ran my priest through it the other day though it would have been better if Mekkatorque was inside Gnomer but that's currently empty atm so they might be putting stuff in there later on (or at least I hope they do.)

Those poor Troggs though

lore:
    dwarfs are originally made of stone (the earthen), later they became "cursed" with the curse of flesh. shamans uses the force of nature to aid them, dwarfs are originally a nature product. this is why

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiper View Post
    Yes they have. You do know everything is revamped (or atleast most of it in beta now) So they haven't done it a 100 times. People jsut rather level a new exciting race instead of an old race/new class combo
    Dun morogh isnt finished completely yet, a lot of the old quests are still there and they are booring.
    only the 1-5 zone is working properly.

TB's Coldridge Valley vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoNBC...Ok&feature=sub

As I understand the situation it'll be the dorf starting area only come Cata - the gnomes are getting their own area near the entrance to the Gnomedome?

Deleted
    Dont get fooled, gnomes WILL have theyr own starting area....if they dont...allys will really rage, because trolls got one, and we, gnomes, are supposed to liberate Gnomeregan (or only the surface part of it )