Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Calling all Prot Warriors

Who else here REALLY likes the no CD Thunderclap? Yeah, me too. THEY MIGHT BE TAKING IT AWAY! NUUUU!!! =(

It is very, VERY, very nice and So Helpful, but I can see where the no CD Thunderclap can cause issues. Whats your Opinion?'

/discuss

I can hear it now...

Maybe they should make a proc like sword and board.. or make sword and board work to either give a free shield smack or thunderclap, making it effective for either aoe or single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Who else here REALLY likes the no CD Thunderclap? Yeah, me too. THEY MIGHT BE TAKING IT AWAY! NUUUU!!! =(

It is very, VERY, very nice and So Helpful, but I can see where the no CD Thunderclap can cause issues. Whats your Opinion?'

/discuss
    i don´t like it at all, warrior aoe tanking is fine as it is now. it takes a little more effort than other tanking classes but it´s just as good

Quote Originally Posted by Armin Hammer View Post
    Maybe they should make a proc like sword and board.. or make sword and board work to either give a free shield smack or thunderclap, making it effective for either aoe or single target.
    Sword and board proc working with tclap sounds really good actually, but like most things, it won't proc when u need it lol
    85 Retribution Paladin | 85 Fire Mage | 85 Frost Death Knight | 85 Elemental Shaman | 85 Demonology Warlock |85 Arms Warrior | 85 Marksman Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Banky.Edwards View Post
    Sword and board proc working with tclap sounds really good actually, but like most things, it won't proc when u need it lol
    Never really had an issue with sword and board proc's. My orginal idea was just make it cost tons of rage but thats silly and would make it worse than the CD model is.

Thats Actually a Really good idea. It may not Proc ALL the Time, but... Some is Better than none.

This sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Thats Actually a Really good idea. It may not Proc ALL the Time, but... Some is Better than none.
    if someone hasnt go suggest it to blizz.

Deleted
    Actually it isn't a very good idea at all SnB proccs from devastate. Since cleave will be on the GCD now and there's still shockwave, I don't think you will be using devastate at all in an AoE fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Actually it isn't a very good idea at all SnB proccs from devastate. Since cleave will be on the GCD now and there's still shockwave, I don't think you will be using devastate at all in an AoE fight.
    rework it to proc off it? Revenge also proc's it and that if talented currently hits 2 people so kinda AoE'ish. Would be a start in the right direction to fix AoE issues with warriors.

WTH, no! I want to keep my CD on thunderclap. I play all 4 tank classes and I just love how tanking larger AoE packs or misspulls for warriors is a challenge. Keeping aggro is only possible with putting an amount of skill into it and controlling your CD's well. I just find warrior AoE tanking the most fun of all of them seing as Dk's have crap runes atm and dots, druids spam swipe and palas have concentration. No major changes plox!
    Still waiting for competitive PvP to not be a trainwreck...

I think its a great idea to remove the CD from Thunder clap, although i think they should make this a talent and put it deep within the prot tree.
    At the moment, warriors lack the ability to take on huge groups of mobs with the same ease other classes have, so i think removing the cooldown is a great idea.

Dont really care less either way. I'd rather not have it spammable but I'll just have to adjust to it if it goes live, this isnt game breaking or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming cleave hits 2 mobs still

Thundering strikes [rank 1/2]
    Gives your cleave attack a 25%/50% chance per target to reset the cooldown on Thunderclap.

Aoe could be something like this.

TC>Revenge>Shockwave>Cleave>TC>Revenge>cleave>TC>cleave>Revenge

Having it bound to having cleave hit 2 targets to garentee a proc means It will allow us to have good Sustaned tps on more targets without making it faceroll and will allow warriors to have diffent single target and multitarget rotations which I like currently.

You can tank perfectly fine without thunderclap like devestate.

just manage your CDs correctly so you'd benefit from it all and you'll get your way when AOE tanking just fine.

Yes- AOE tanking is a bitch comparing it to other classes, but that's a prot warrior. It takes more 'skill' and 'leetness' to tank as a warrior and it's harder than any other tanking class.

they need to determine what they want the main strike to be for prot.prolly devastate. and make a talent that gives devastate a chance to proc a cd reset and free cast of Tclap. nothing major,just something to up it reasonably without interfering. kinda like rime does for death knights.
    tclap itself would still be on cd so it wouldn't be spammable, but you'd get free tclaps once in a while to even the whole mess out.

best of all the system is already tried and tested through dks. although they may want warriors to have a"different feel" so that may not work
    maybe have successful blocks be what has a chance to proc tclap. that might actually work

[Vengeful Fury]All blocks have a 15/30/45% chance to reset the cooldown on Thunderclap and reduce the cost of the next Thunderclap to 10/5/0 rage.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    Assuming cleave hits 2 mobs still

Thundering strikes [rank 1/2]
    Gives your cleave attack a 25%/50% chance per target to reset the cooldown on Thunderclap.

Aoe could be something like this.

TC>Revenge>Shockwave>Cleave>TC>Revenge>cleave>TC>cleave>Revenge

Having it bound to having cleave hit 2 targets to garentee a proc means It will allow us to have good Sustaned tps on more targets without making it faceroll and will allow warriors to have diffent single target and multitarget rotations which I like currently.
    I think the % chance could use a reduce but overall thats a good idea too. 50% would make it faceroll with the current cleave, I dont know cataclysm's cleave mechanism though so maybe that 50% would fit in well.

I wonder why we care so much about aoe tanking if their removing it from cata anyways? Not fully removing aoe tanking but i think theres gonna be significantly less aoe tanking.

Im tanking with druid, paladin and warrior and think you should be careful about your wishes.

With heroic strike currently gone ALL you would do on aoe-pulls would be thunderclap over and over if there was no cooldown. Once you used one gbc for something else your aoe-aggro would suffer from that move (schockwave being the exception ofc). This would get dull rather fast I'd guess. For me aoe-tanking with my paladin toon is most fun (apart from the fact your rotation is about the same as single target, but thats another story), as you still have global cooldowns for utility. You can cast your anti-aggro spell on the dps with the highest aggro while just losing some single target threat, not not any aoe-aggro.

Also you probably dont want a berserk-like cd for thunderclap. Your aoe-threat would have to be balanced around that talent, so at constant aoe-action you would be behind other tanks.