15+ Year Old Account

Divine Storm & Cataclysm

I think a nice way to keep Divine Storm a signature ability - one that doesn't get thrown into the backpack for AoE fight use only - would be to make it do different things in different scenarios.

Boss Cleave Style:
    Divine Storm - Requires Melee; Instant Cast; 10 sec cd. Instantly strike up to 4 enemies, causing weapon damage evenly spread, each additional target increasing total damage by 40%. The Divine Storm heals up to 3 party or raid members totaling 30% of the damage caused.

Dual Style:
    Divine Storm - Requires Melee; Instant Cast; 10 sec cd. Instantly strike all enemies within 8 yds, causing 100% weapon damage against a single target or 50% against multiple targets. The Divine Storm heals up to 3 party or raid members totaling 30% of the damage caused.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

you wish...
    The Lich King: Let them come. Frostmourne hungers...

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    so the move is supposed to regognize if you're fighting several opponents, or will it be two different abilities?

15+ Year Old Account
    yesterday bluepost http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/25626...-your-opinion/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

After further reflection, we don't think Divine Storm makes a good level 10 Ret ability. It really wants to be an AE attack, and it's just hard to make an AE attack a signature ability usable in as many situations as a signature attack deserves to be.

Divine Storm will probably go back into the talent tree. It won't be the 31-point though. Both the 31-point and the 10 ability need to have more single-target use. That means something like 3 new abilities for Retribution and several new or modified talents on top of that. Crazy.

As you can see, we're still iterating a lot on paladins. Our lack of communication is because things are changing quickly, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to share it all until things feel a little more stable.

Q u o t e:
    Did you not like the meteor attack style for Divine Storm?

It's okay in practice, but really we're trying to have different rotations for single vs. multi-target fights, so it doesn't really help with that problem.
    so it will stay 55% of weapon damage (just like in old build), hit infinite target and shouldn't be used in single target.
    im happy with his last sentence :3

I don't think it's a good level 10 ret ability. I don't know if it should be in the talent tree, considering blizzard is trying to remove most mandatory talents out there. I'd throw it in at level 20 or something.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin View Post
    I don't think it's a good level 10 ret ability. I don't know if it should be in the talent tree, considering blizzard is trying to remove most mandatory talents out there. I'd throw it in at level 20 or something.
    read the blue post i posted

Or we can take our 2!!$! New strikes and be happy. 2 new strikes that with current wording will stack up corruption.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    We have both Idea and Cataclysm threads open, please utilize each of those threads.