Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to second "it's just a game" or "real life comes first" or "I play for fun," when it's used in an inappropriate context. "Real life comes first" does not mean it's cool for you to stand up 24 people in your raid to watch a TV show. And if you play for fun, then don't play in a group environment where your "fun" playing impacts other people negatively and then use that statement as a way to justify it. And this being a game is not an acceptable reason for screwing over other people, or being a selfish, or acting like a jerk.

All of those statements are fine and true on their own, but they are very frequently used as excuses for circumstances and behaviour that are unjustified.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2010-07-11 at 12:43 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

But anyway, "I play for fun." Ugh. Translates to: "I play however I want. I also don't feel the need for this playstyle to make any sense."
    YES. This and "I pay the same $15 that you do, so let me play my way." Now, if I just see you idling in dal as 0/71/0, I won't say anything. But if you're in a pug that I'm in, I'll speak up. My response to that "excuse" is that I don't pay my $15 to play with people that don't try. If you want to suck on your own, go ahead, but don't disservice the other 4/9/24 people you're playing with because you want to "play your own way".
    Last edited by Zykothepsycho; 2010-07-11 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Failed quote
    Vol'jin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vol'jin
    Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.
    Where is your Garrosh now?

NO SMART FOR YOU

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting ready for return runs on any raid and having one or more people decide to log before invites go out only to magically appear back on after we call the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zykothepsycho View Post
    YES. This and "I pay the same $15 that you do, so let me play my way." Now, if I just see you idling in dal as 0/71/0, I won't say anything. But if you're in a pug that I'm in, I'll speak up. My response to that "excuse" is that I don't pay my $15 to play with people that don't try. If you want to suck on your own, go ahead, but don't disservice the other 4/9/24 people you're playing with because you want to "play your own way".
    "Your 14.99 entitles you to play the game however you want. However, the rest of our $359.76 says learn your fucking class"

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffymuffins View Post
    This.

I had to login just to post. This statement makes me rage. I usually only see people with shitty gear/no skill saying this. "Hey, pick up the dps please." "It's just a game!"

Go kill yourself. If it's "just a game" (which, yes, it is), then why are you raiding end game content? Go play an RP server.
    Ahh yes.

no really guys...it's just a game. chill out. lol people that get mad at that are sad little virgins indeed. "IT'S NOT JUST A GAME! THIS IS ALL I HAVE!!!!!!! ALL I HAVE!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    "I'm not going to enchant and gem stuff I"m going to replace. That's a waste of gold." as a response.
    H. A. T. E.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin View Post
    "Its just a game"
    Makes me unbelievably angry...
    Idiots keep bringing that up. Urgh..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruambivalence View Post
    no really guys...it's just a game. chill out. lol people that get mad at that are sad little virgins indeed. "IT'S NOT JUST A GAME! THIS IS ALL I HAVE!!!!!!! ALL I HAVE!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" lmao
    Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to GTFO. Never once have the words "Its just a game" been uttered preceeding or following anything short of fail. So easily you forget that the people you are irritating are real, and just like you wouldnt want someone to ruin the game for you, so to should you pay the courtesy of allowing others to play in a manner that all can enjoy.

TL;DR: You're an asshat

Why do you people care so much what others do in this game? Is it really that vital to your gameplay?

When someone says I shouldn't try to get Sharpened twilight Scale because "it has arp on it and arp is shit for paladins." Ignorance at it's best.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffymuffins View Post
    This.

I had to login just to post. This statement makes me rage. I usually only see people with shitty gear/no skill saying this. "Hey, pick up the dps please." "It's just a game!"

Go kill yourself. If it's "just a game" (which, yes, it is), then why are you raiding end game content? Go play an RP server.
    it is "just a game". if you don't like to hear it, then don't pug. I think that i am a pretty decent player... i pull good dps on my rogue and when i tank i do a pretty good job at that. it seems pretty pointless to get pretty stressed out... i used to get mad over apathetic people, but there are so many people like that and you arn't going to make a difference really...

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to GTFO. Never once have the words "Its just a game" been uttered preceeding or following anything short of fail. So easily you forget that the people you are irritating are real, and just like you wouldnt want someone to ruin the game for you, so to should you pay the courtesy of allowing others to play in a manner that all can enjoy.

TL;DR: You're an asshat
    you know what's enjoyable to everyone? not playing with raging nerds that literally get pissed at a video game for any reason. would you enjoy playing a game of pictionary with someone screaming "OMG YOU FUCKING NUB! YOU CAN'T DRAW A HORSE FOR SHIT!"

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Why do you people care so much what others do in this game? Is it really that vital to your gameplay?
    When they're in the same raid I am, yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ruambivalence View Post
    Have a nice ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Phriven View Post
    When they're in the same raid I am, yes, it is.
    That I can understand, but the majority of this is coming from people pugging shit that's downed with no issue and raging about people who don't do something they think is mandatory to play the game. If you get the boss downed in a pug that's all that matters, go about doing whatever you were before and mind your own business. It is just a game, regardless of how seriously some of you take it.

When I try to help other people with their classes. I've been playing this damn game for 5 years now. I know more about your classes than you ever will. :P

Stop pugging and get in a real raiding guild where excuses don't fly. Then you won't have to be upset any more.

"Its just a game"
    Makes me unbelievably angry...
    Word.. Especially the baddie 12 year olds saying it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Healers with no raid awareness saying "I didn't move cause I was healing" or something like that. Seriously? Sorry to break it to you, but you're gunna have to do more than just plant yourself in one spot and spam. I have a healer myself and I've done a lot of icc on him so I know the job comes with a fair amount of stress, but that doesn't mean you can sit there and roast to death in a fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm going to second "it's just a game" or "real life comes first" or "I play for fun," when it's used in an inappropriate context. "Real life comes first" does not mean it's cool for you to stand up 24 people in your raid to watch a TV show. And if you play for fun, then don't play in a group environment where your "fun" playing impacts other people negatively and then use that statement as a way to justify it. And this being a game is not an acceptable reason for screwing over other people, or being a selfish, or acting like a jerk.

All of those statements are fine and true on their own, but they are very frequently used as excuses for circumstances and behaviour that are unjustified.
    Agree with your philosophy. However, I rarely ever rage or bother speaking out to people doing things "wrong" unless it directly affects an outcome, or the person in question is talking smack too much.

it's not that I'm carefree or passive, I just couldn't be bothered wasting energy being mad or explaining to people this and that. To me, funnily enough, it is just a game. As far as I'm concerned that means I try and be as good as I can without going over the top. As far as others are concerned I just... don't give enough of a shit. I've been playing for too long - I know it's pointless.