Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Scarlet Crusade in the Cata beta

So, last we met our favourite zealots, they were being controlled by yet another supposedly dead dreadlord, in t Icecrown Glacier. As far as I know, there are still one or two "dead" dreadlords (ruling out Tichondrius, he seems to be gone for good. So did Mal'ganis anyway...), and there are still Undead for these guys to hate.

But with all the head-cutting amisdt their upper echelons, armband collecting, tabard farming, and now, Fordring retaking Heartglen, there must be little to none Scarlet presence remaining in Lordaeron. It would be sad to have such a, interesting faction (as in, goodie classes being corrupted by a single cunning demon into a paranoid regime, TWICE), gone forever.

My question to any of the fortunate beta testers, is:
    Is there any remenant of our beloved fanatics, or, are they completely wiped out, their presence eliminated from former Lordaeron?

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm curious as well.

I'd hate to see an end to the Scarlet Crusade.

I've also been wondering what will happen to the Defias. Or have they already been wiped out completely? (No thread de-railing intended, just curious.)
    Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, then you're a communist. - Me

Lest we forget the certainty of my awesome. For I can say with certainty, that there lies no uncertainty pertaining to that of my awesome. Therefore, I shall remain forever and always awesome. - Me

I too would like to know this.

My speculation
    (no order)

1)The SC was killed, and rez by the Forsaken. Unwilling to join them, they joined the Argent Crusader as a final aftermath as forsaken.

2) the SC rejoined the Alliance.

3) The SC simply rejoined the Argent Crusader without the death thing like the first speculation.

4) The SC is all dead. No rez
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Premise View Post

I've also been wondering what will happen to the Defias. Or have they already been wiped out completely? (No thread de-railing intended, just curious.)
    didn't you hear?

SPIOLER

vancleef have a daughter who starts the defias all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Premise View Post

Defias are crushed in the early phase of westfall until a stream of phased quest's shows how they rise again

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm terribly confused what happened to Mal'Ganis, he swore we wouldn't be able to defeat the Lich King without him, and then he he said he'd have revenge on us AND him.

Where was that revenge? We defeated him just fine without Mal'Ganis. Did they drop the ball on this? Or is there something more sinister going on? Could he be masquerading as someone we know? (I'm not suggesting Bolvar, that's overdone, and since he can take the form of a normal looking human, that would draw attention to himself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    I'm terribly confused what happened to Mal'Ganis, he swore we wouldn't be able to defeat the Lich King without him, and then he he said he'd have revenge on us AND him.

Where was that revenge? We defeated him just fine without Mal'Ganis. Did they drop the ball on this? Or is there something more sinister going on? Could he be masquerading as someone we know? (I'm not suggesting Bolvar, that's overdone, and since he can take the form of a normal looking human, that would draw attention to himself.)
    He's a Dreadlord, wow's version of the stereotypical melodramatic bad guy. Saying we needed him to kill Arthas is like any other boring evildoer saying we could never foil their oh so perfect plans. A grain of salt of 50 is warranted.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account

i think this is just another example of blizzard dropping the ball on the lich king's encounter and conclusion. i personally pictured an overly epic battle, ending with frostmourne itself devouring arthas' soul, or possibly the horde and alliance assualting the LK with every known faction hero, etc. anyway, it's obvious they cracked possibly due to pressure of delivering and ended up releasing a boring, half-assed encounter (arthas essentially swinging his sword at you while randomly spawning some overused zombie mobs, etc.).

anyway, i'd definitely like to see a follow up to mal'ganis' story. as for the the scarlet crusade, they have always been one of the most interesting factions, lore wise. just my two cents.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 2010-07-11 at 04:26 AM.
    Stormbringer Guild of Khadgar -- Join Now!
    www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    He's a Dreadlord, wow's version of the stereotypical melodramatic bad guy. Saying we needed him to kill Arthas is like any other boring evildoer saying we could never foil their oh so perfect plans. A grain of salt of 50 is warranted.
    True but they went out of their way to say it, and add that he would have revenge on Arthas, if anything I'd say they changed their mind and just didn't add him. I really expected him to be in ICC at some point.

True but they went out of their way to say it, and add that he would have revenge on Arthas, if anything I'd say they changed their mind and just didn't add him. I really expected him to be in ICC at some point.
    I wouldn't have been particularly surprised to run into him at some point, but not seeing him at all isn't surprising either. When's the last time a dreadlord said they were going to do something and actually managed to follow through to the end?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    When's the last time a dreadlord said they were going to do something and actually managed to follow through to the end?
    They can't even die properly huh? :P

I would at least like to see a change of leadership in the Scarlet instances to reflect the previous 5 years of slaughtering them...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    i think this is just another example of blizzard dropping the ball on the lich king's encounter and conclusion. i personally pictured an overly epic battle, ending with frostmourne itself devouring arthas' soul, or possibly the horde and alliance assualting the LK with every known faction hero, etc. anyway, it's obvious they cracked possibly due to pressure of delivering and ended up releasing a boring, half-assed encounter (arthas essentially swinging his sword at you while randomly spawning some overused zombie mobs, etc.).

anyway, i'd definitely like to see a follow up to mal'ganis' story. as for the the scarlet crusade, they have always been one of the most interesting factions, lore wise. just my two cents.
    Yes, bringing in every hero ever to battle them wouldn't have been cheesy. Of course not.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

Having every Hero in the faction come to help kill Lich King would be terrible. It reminds me of Shonen anime where the Main Character takes down the bad guy and thinks of every bad thing he did before each slash of his weapon. And why would Mal'Ganis help us kill something he created? Sure he turned on him like most Frankenstein like creations, but he hates us just as much. You could argue the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but hes a Dreadlord, they betray everything!

Frostmourne devouring Arthas' soul would be iffy. Most of the story is people trying to help Arthas redeem himself.

The Scarlet Crusade has basically been wiped out, I mean, both of their leaders ended up being Dreadlords and were killed.

Edwin VanCleef is dead,now his daughter Vanessa VanCleef is leader of Defias Brotherhood..but i dont know anything about Scarlet Crusade yet

if they do rise again you're more likley to see Varimathras or Balnazzar leading them than Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis went back to the Nathrezim "home world" during your final fight with him in Icecrown and he specifically states that's what he's doing when he buggers off.

lore has shown over time that the standard process for Demons getting to Azeroth is via a specific summoning or a portal created to do the job and at this point in time there next to no one who would know about or do that for Mal'Ganis.

on the other hand Varimathras was slain in the Undercity coup but Nathrezim don't really die they just kind of vaporise (the bats) till they reconstitute themselves somehow and he was in contant with his brother running the Crusade during the old days.

very few people ever bring up the fact the Forsaken Vs Scarlet Crusade thing was a stitch up orchestrated between Varimathras and Balnazzar to keep both sides hacking away at each other...

the very fact Balnazzar was alive in Stratholme (never mind leading the Crusade) proved Varimathras was a traitor to Sylvanas and the Forsaken years before the coup in WotLK.

but i digress
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-07-11 at 09:06 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    if they do rise again you're more likley to see Varimathras or Balnazzar leading them than Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis went back to the Nathrezim "home world" during your final fight with him in Icecrown and he specifically states that's what he's doing when he buggers off.

lore has shown over time that the standard process for Demons getting to Azeroth is via a specific summoning or a portal created to do the job and at this point in time there next to no one who would know about or do that for Mal'Ganis.

on the other hand Varimathras was slain in the Undercity coup but Nathrezim don't really die they just kind of vaporise (the bats) till they reconstitute themselves somehow and he was in contant with his brother running the Crusade during the old days.

very few people ever bring up the fact the Forsaken Vs Scarlet Crusade thing was a stitch up orchestrated between Varimathras and Balnazzar to keep both sides hacking away at each other...

the very fact Balnazzar was alive in Stratholme (never mind leading the Crusade) proved Varimathras was a traitor to Sylvanas and the Forsaken years before the coup in WotLK.

but i digress

Dont quote me

but I believe that was retconned to a later time.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise aren't the Scarlet Crusade completely wiped out? Last thing I knew of their actions in EK was them sending a massive battalion to the Scarlet Enclave only for the Scourge to find out about it and likely place a perfect ambush. Any remnants will have likely joined up with the Argent Crusade

Yea, Darion said most the scarlet crusade went up to northrend and we had a quest to finish them on the island off icecrown.. so cant see them being a major enemey now