Thread: Leg enchants

Leg enchants

Does anyone know if there has been any discussion by Blizzard about this? It seems kind of odd that the second largest piece of armor we wear doesn't have even a few enchants available through enchanting.

I'm just thinking a few low ones like +1 +3 +5 int str agi or spi. Or even just +2 and +5? heck even just stam would be more useful then a tiny bit of armor. I wouldn't think it would take much work to add them. Or perhaps add two each armor kit and spellthread to leatherworking and tailoring make them lvl 30 required and something eqivalent to +8 stam and +4 agi?

----Edit---- To clear things up I'm meaning for low level toons. But as someone has said perhaps it wouldn't be worth much as people can often replace gear very quickly these days.
    Last edited by Brini; 2010-07-11 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    lw and tailors do it

enchanters do the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    Does anyone know if there has been any discussion by Blizzard about this? It seems kind of odd that the second largest piece of armor we wear doesn't have even a few enchants available through enchanting.

I'm just thinking a few low ones like +1 +3 +5 int str agi or spi. Or even just +2 and +5? heck even just stam would be more useful then a tiny bit of armor. I wouldn't think it would take much work to add them. Or perhaps add two each armor kit and spellthread to leatherworking and tailoring make them lvl 30 required and something eqivalent to +8 stam and +4 agi?
    Low lvl enchants really only mattered for Twinks, and that's past tense since there isn't much as far as Twinks these days. Other then BoA gear you replace your gear far to often to enchant everything. There are ofcourse the few exceptions like dungeon blues but other then that it's a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every slot is covered by enchanters. LW and tailoring cover leg enchants; BS covers belt enchants; engineering covers ranged weapon enchants. Enchanting doesn't need every slot.

I guess since I mentioned low level ones people would understand I am talking about pre lvl 50 effects that could be useful at low levels. My expectations must be too high. I'm sorry for expecting anyone to process the whole post instead of reading the title and responding.

---------- Post added 2010-07-11 at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Low lvl enchants really only mattered for Twinks, and that's past tense since there isn't much as far as Twinks these days. Other then BoA gear you replace your gear far to often to enchant everything. There are ofcourse the few exceptions like dungeon blues but other then that it's a waste.
    My apologies to you Organoth. I missed the one person who was helpful when I responded. I guess I'm still having trouble remembering the speed of leveling brought about by the dungeon finder & bg exp.
    Last edited by Brini; 2010-07-11 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    I guess since I mentioned low level ones people would understand I am talking about pre lvl 50 effects that could be useful at low levels. My expectations must be too high. I'm sorry for expecting anyone to process the whole post instead of reading the title and responding.
    I guess I misread the OP. :S

The armor kits are definitely useless. It'd be nice if they did replace them with stamina, like the higher-level ones.

I dont really see the point of low level enchants. You replace gear too fast at levels 1-50 to waste time trying to enchant crap and you really dont need the enchants for the low level quests and dungeons. Some people may argue that twinks need the enchants but Blizzard doesn't like twinks so that wouldn't help the case.

There actually are some low-level armor kits from LW, but they only increase armor rating.. At low levels, that tends to be more important since even casters end up going toe-to-toe with mobs while soloing and have far fewer options in their toolboxes to survive.

Heavy Knothide Armor Kit
    Knothide Armor Kit
    Rugged Armor Kit
    Thick Armor Kit
    Heavy Armor Kit
    Medium Armor Kit
    Light Armor Kit

All of the above can be applied by a higher level toon to any BoE gear that matches the ilvl on the kit, then given to a lower level toon.

If you have never run into of of them, it is probably a lack of either leatherworkers on your server, or your interest in finding the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    You replace gear too fast at levels 1-50 to waste time trying to enchant crap and you really dont need the enchants for the low level quests and dungeons.
    This. The only things really worth enchanting are maybe really good blue weapons, seeing as those have enchants like +22 Int, +15 Str, +15 Agi, ect.
    Last edited by Vook; 2010-07-11 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    There actually are some low-level armor kits from LW, but they only increase armor rating.. At low levels, that tends to be more important since even casters end up going toe-to-toe with mobs while soloing and have far fewer options in their toolboxes to survive.

Heavy Knothide Armor Kit
    Knothide Armor Kit
    Rugged Armor Kit
    Thick Armor Kit
    Heavy Armor Kit
    Medium Armor Kit
    Light Armor Kit

All of the above can be applied by a higher level toon to any BoE gear that matches the ilvl on the kit, then given to a lower level toon.

If you have never run into of of them, it is probably a lack of either leatherworkers on your server, or your interest in finding the options.

Hmmm perhaps since I'm a 450 lw I know about them and mentioned wanting something better then just ac? oh yes I did " heck even just stam would be more useful then a tiny bit of armor."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post

Heavy Knothide Armor Kit
    Knothide Armor Kit
    Rugged Armor Kit
    Thick Armor Kit
    Heavy Armor Kit
    Medium Armor Kit
    Light Armor Kit

The armor from those kits is totally worthless. Even as a cloth wearer they only offer a tiny percent of damage reduction.