Thread: No more arp

No more arp

Now in Wotlk many of the highest performing dps specs are those that gem arp (fury wars, combat rogues, MM hunters, dks, feral druids). The reason that they pull such good numbers most likely has to do with the way that arp affects their dps as opposed to strength. Without the extra push that arp gives these classes do you guys think that melee specs such as ret paladins and enh shamies that dont gain as much from arp will find themselves a few notches higher on the dps hierarchy seeing as the arp reliant classes won't have the arp boost to their dps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

Deleted
    YAAAAAAY! ARP gone in Cata DD

all classes are getting remade. i seriously doubt such things would be relevant
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

I should gem my hunter with str gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post
    I should gem my hunter with str gems.
    I hurd you scale better with spirit than strength...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

It's pretty simple, actually.
    Once Cataclysm arrives, everything will stay exactly the same, except for ArP. ArP will be gone, but everything else stays exactly the same.

So yes, since nothing but ArP changes, really nothing at all, your predictions are definitely true and in no way, shape or form subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    It's pretty simple, actually.
    Once Cataclysm arrives, everything will stay exactly the same, except for ArP. ArP will be gone, but everything else stays exactly the same.

So yes, since nothing but ArP changes, really nothing at all, your predictions are definitely true and in no way, shape or form subject to change.

dont feed the troll

To be fair, if you spec Marksmanship as a hunter, one of the masteries is 30% armor penetration...

Quote Originally Posted by Flabb View Post
    To be fair, if you spec Marksmanship as a hunter, one of the masteries is 30% armor penetration...
    This. The very same post that was originaly mentioning removal of some stats (ArP is not the only stat being removed) said that there will be other means of achieving the desired result, specificaly mastery and talents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm View Post
    all classes are getting remade. i seriously doubt such things would be relevant
    This! I seriously wonder how people can ask questions like this after a COMPLETE OMFG REVAMP of ALL EXISTING Talent-Trees has been announced.

The goal stated by Blizzard is that all classes should have similar DPS potential, with certain situational strengths and weaknesses. Warlocks, Mages, Rogues and Hunters are intended to have slightly more situations strengths than other classes.

Everything else is pure speculation at this point.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2010-07-11 at 01:27 PM.

it doesnt matter if arp goes. if the dps is lacking compared to other classes then something will compensate. arp was just a way for this to happen..doesnt matter how it happens really.