Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Anyone else think Hellscream is going to be assissinated?

I don't play Horde and don't know too much about lore but I've kept up with a lot of the beta updates and previews. From what I've seen, in the troll starting area you see a type of cut scene that basically shows how much the leader of the trolls hates Hellscream. He even states that one day he will kill him. Sylvanas seems to also be hated by Hellscream in the quest that let's us know why Val'kyr are now being used by the horde. He hates the fact that she can now raise undead under her control and even compares her to the Lich King. The Tauren on the other hand seems to me to be a lot like the Night Elves. A more peaceful race that would rather avoid confrontation unless it directly impacts the survival of the Tauren. Something that is very unlike Hellscream.

So my question is, with the way Hellscream is and the seemingly growing hatred for him by the other faction leaders does anyone else think that the horde might plan an "undercover hit" on Hellscream somewhere in this expansion?

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I actually doubt it despite the fact he is such a douche.

Because he is Garrosh's son, you need one "mighty hellscream" to kill pitlords.

Thrall would be pissed that his only arms warrior in raid groups got perma-delited.

I don't think it will happen, as that would leave the horde without a War Chief, but i would be surprised if that was all we heard about it. There may be quests that bring up the other faction leader's hatred of Garrosh, which is what I'm expecting. So no, no assassination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, they look like they're setting Garrosh up as a Byronic hero that *slowly* redeems himself.

That being said, it's also very possible that Vol'jin and Sylvanas end up staging a coup. Garrosh has a tendency to rub people the wrong way, and if you want to play semantics he's the one who dealt the killing blow to Cairne, the poison just weakened him. Depending on how well Garrosh ends up playing damage control, and whether or not Thrall decides to take back the reigns after the issue with the elemental planes bleeding into Azeroth is fixed, he might end up killed, or Orgrimmar could end up in a civil war as Hellscream's supporters and Thrall's duke it out over who's the real Warchief, assuming Garrosh doesn't end up finally doing things right and stop shaming his clan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Thrall would be pissed that his only arms warrior in raid groups got perma-delited.
    Saurfang is the only character able to use both of his dualspecs, at the same time.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, He will be assasinated by 40 Alliance nobodies. Again, and again, and again and again.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

garrosh got a better personality when he got a worse model. so no i think hes here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I actually doubt it despite the fact he is such a douche.

Because he is Grom's son, you need one "mighty hellscream" to kill pitlords.

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Right now, they look like they're setting Garrosh up as a Byronic hero that *amazingly quickly to the point it seems like a massive asspull and not well done at all* redeems himself.
    fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    fixed
    Actually there has been a lore retcon. Grom wanted nothing to do with him. Garrosh actually gave birth to himself now.

Garrosh is NOT a sissy!!

I suspect he'll be overthrown.. Or overpower the leaders he's losing control over or something. Probably overthrown though I mean he's dicked with the Tauren, Forsaken, and the Trolls.. Only got Belves and Orcs left that still think he's a decent leader. To our knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    fixed
    I thought his schitzophrenic, asspull-laden characterization went without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Right now, they look like they're setting Garrosh up as a Byronic hero that *slowly* redeems himself.

That being said, it's also very possible that Vol'jin and Sylvanas end up staging a coup. Garrosh has a tendency to rub people the wrong way, and if you want to play semantics he's the one who dealt the killing blow to Cairne, the poison just weakened him. Depending on how well Garrosh ends up playing damage control, and whether or not Thrall decides to take back the reigns after the issue with the elemental planes bleeding into Azeroth is fixed, he might end up killed, or Orgrimmar could end up in a civil war as Hellscream's supporters and Thrall's duke it out over who's the real Warchief, assuming Garrosh doesn't end up finally doing things right and stop shaming his clan.
    I doubt Vol'jin and Sylvanis will conspire together for much of anything. They might be opposed to Garrosh, but it's for very incompatible reasons.

Vol'jin dislike's Garrosh's overly aggressive tactics and feels he is without honor and unworthy of respect.

Sylvanis dislike Garrosh because he's disapproves of her raising the dead as forsaken, considering it a highly dishonorable act.

Essentially, Vol'jin and Sylvanis are on opposite ends of the honor spectrum and wouldn't team up against Hellscream without planning to stab the other in the back.

Personally, I think Garrosh is going to slowly redeem himself and retian a high position in Orc society or die a hero as his father did. Sylvanis on the other hand may find her reign ended abruptly due to her recent methods.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I doubt Vol'jin and Sylvanis will conspire together for much of anything. They might be opposed to Garrosh, but it's for very incompatible reasons.

Vol'jin dislike's Garrosh's overly aggressive tactics and feels he is without honor and unworthy of respect.

Sylvanis dislike Garrosh because he's disapproves of her raising the dead as forsaken, considering it a highly dishonorable act.

Essentially, Vol'jin and Sylvanis are on opposite ends of the honor spectrum and wouldn't team up against Hellscream without planning to stab the other in the back.

Personally, I think Garrosh is going to slowly redeem himself and retian a high position in Orc society or die a hero as his father did. Sylvanis on the other hand may find her reign ended abruptly due to her recent methods.
    People with completely different outlooks allying for the sake of killing a common enemy is extremely common in fiction. It's no logical stretch to imagine Vol'jin and Sylvanas working together to kill Garrosh if their hatred for him outgrows their distrust of one another.

My thoughts: Vol'jin will end up staging a coup against Garrosh however this will fail and Vol'jin will die in the process. Garrosh will then make it out so that Vol'jin was working with the Alliance to gain widespread support among the various Horde races and get a obtain widespread support for the war against the Alliance.

This also plays into my theme that this expansion (as far as the two factions go) seems to be playing out a lot like the Cold War, with the massive arms buildup that the Horde is going through seeming almost identical to the Soviet arms buildup after WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    Actually there has been a lore retcon. Grom wanted nothing to do with him. Garrosh actually gave birth to himself now.
    ^ This

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    My thoughts: Vol'jin will end up staging a coup against Garrosh however this will fail and Vol'jin will die in the process. Garrosh will then make it out so that Vol'jin was working with the Alliance to gain widespread support among the various Horde races and get a obtain widespread support for the war against the Alliance.

This also plays into my theme that this expansion (as far as the two factions go) seems to be playing out a lot like the Cold War, with the massive arms buildup that the Horde is going through seeming almost identical to the Soviet arms buildup after WWII.
    If they seriously end up killing off three of the original Horde faction leaders just to shill Garrosh "Wesley Crusher" Hellscream, I can see a large number of cancelled accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannis866 View Post
    No.

the garrosh should die ppl have left the bangwagon

now ppl who want to hide behind thralls leg while they destroy all alliance in hillsbrad while questing for no reason other than to test a plauge but we have thrall as a leader so its ok

garrosh isnt thrall and garrosh dosnt like the plauge either... infact he hates it more