Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Redridge is a 10-20 (well it says 15-20) zone that has always been contested. I believe it is the only one.
    bu "contested" i mean having opposite factions' settlements in there
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    What Jiggler said, people, a lone wyvern in a dock doesn't mean the zone has quests for the Horde, it's purely for NE's and Worgen to kill, if you don't believe me, check feedback. (Unless there's none, still, you can find info and notice it's pure alliance).
    Belive i read on wowwiki that it got a flight path. Is it true or not? Someone could maybe check it in the beta since i want to know

i hope blizzard hasnt just turned dancing troll village into a generic killing ground for nubelves. hell id be fine if they work out some kind of agreement at the end of the alliance quest chain, but please, please dont kill off all of my precious dancing trolls. it would such as disgrace

it would have been cooler if blizz had made them into some kind of secret neutral dark troll faction only accessible by flying mount. a man can dream...

anyways, i dont think silverpine will be very worgen-friendly somehow. the greymane wall is completely blockaded by the forsaken army, and pyrewood looks like its in bad shape, so unless they take up residence in ambermill or something i doubt it will be possible for the alliance to quest there

EDIT: just look at this shit. night elves on hippogryphs attacking innocent half naked troll ladies dancing. what the hell is this blizzard? mark my words, im going to spend this entire next expansion killing any alliance i can find in this area. bastards
    Last edited by cannibalghoul; 2010-07-11 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The southernmost capital city in the world, NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibalghoul View Post
    i hope blizzard hasnt just turned dancing troll village into a generic killing ground for nubelves. hell id be fine if they work out some kind of agreement at the end of the alliance quest chain, but please, please dont kill off all of my precious dancing trolls. it would such as disgrace

it would have been cooler if blizz had made them into some kind of secret neutral dark troll faction only accessible by flying mount. a man can dream...

anyways, i dont think silverpine will be very worgen-friendly somehow. the greymane wall is completely blockaded by the forsaken army, and pyrewood looks like its in bad shape, so unless they take up residence in ambermill or something i doubt it will be possible for the alliance to quest there

EDIT: just look at this shit. night elves on hippogryphs attacking innocent half naked troll ladies dancing. what the hell is this blizzard? mark my words, im going to spend this entire next expansion killing any alliance i can find in this area. bastards
    That still doesn't make up for Hillsbrad, Quel'danil, Quel'lithien, Bael Modan, Ashenvale...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    ''The Barrens: The Barrens is split in two by great fissures in the land, spouting fiery rivers of lava. The Northern Barrens is a level 10-20 zone, while the Southern Barrens is intended for higher level players. Portions of the Barrens have grown lush thanks to the work of the druid Naralex. The passage into Mulgore has been reinforced by the tauren, with high walls and a gate. This is because the Alliance will be moving into the southern Barrens, constructing several towers and burning down Camp Taurajo''

Taken from wowwiki.

Barrens right now are 10-20 level zone. And in Cataclysm they are split in 2. Northren is Alliance. This is something like shared don't you aggre?
    You contradict yourself. In your quote you specifically bold the part that says the alliance will be attacking the southern barrens and then you state that the alliance will be getting the north.

Just to reiterate Southern Barrens is 30-35 and is split between horde and alliance. northern barrens is 10-20 and still horde controlled.

Even though I think it is odd that the Night Elves would go on a killing rampage, I dont think the horde should get a town in Darkshore. It is too far away from everything else horde related. Same goes with Silverpine and Worgen. With southshore out of the way, the closest alliance base is in WPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    ''The Barrens: The Barrens is split in two by great fissures in the land, spouting fiery rivers of lava. The Northern Barrens is a level 10-20 zone, while the Southern Barrens is intended for higher level players. Portions of the Barrens have grown lush thanks to the work of the druid Naralex. The passage into Mulgore has been reinforced by the tauren, with high walls and a gate. This is because the Alliance will be moving into the southern Barrens, constructing several towers and burning down Camp Taurajo''

Taken from wowwiki.

Barrens right now are 10-20 level zone. And in Cataclysm they are split in 2. Northren is Alliance. This is something like shared don't you aggre?

Northern barrens won't have alliance bases or quests in it, it is a 10-20 zone. Southern barrens is a 35-40 zone if i remember correctly and it will be a contested zone like ashenvale.
    Also, darkshore is a 10-20 zone. So to all of those who say it will be a shared zone, are you suggesting that level 10 players walk through ashenvale, which will be a 20-25 zone to get there? or that level 10 players will be flown up there to quest? The horde there are mobs for the night elves to kill.

@ OP - I doubt silverpine will have worgen quests as worgen are transported to Night elf areas after Gilneas. I heard alliance might get a flightpath up there though, to get closer to shadowfang keep, but can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cannibalghoul View Post

You won't be able to kill Alliance there unless they flag themselves, it is not a contested zone.

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    You won't be able to kill Alliance there unless they flag themselves, it is not a contested zone.
    true. i wonder if i can heal those trolls up while theyre getting attacked though. that might be more entertaining in the long run, along with killing alliance npcs.

dancing troll village has been my secret hideout for ages, im just mad that blizz is ruining it.

^^^^^ how was that ur hideout? u were never able to get there in the first place.....
    0_o

Quote Originally Posted by inkheart123 View Post
    ^^^^^ how was that ur hideout? u were never able to get there in the first place.....
    Sure you could, you needed to wall jump in Winterspring and slow fall down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by inkheart123 View Post
    wrong, theres a spot in winterspring near timbermaw hold where you can climb up the cliffs. if you take the right path and have slowfall you can get to the village.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Even though I think it is odd that the Night Elves would go on a killing rampage, I dont think the horde should get a town in Darkshore. It is too far away from everything else horde related. Same goes with Silverpine and Worgen. With southshore out of the way, the closest alliance base is in WPL.
    As far as I have heard, the alliance will get a new base in hillsbrad. Secondly, it is not odd at all that the Night elves would go on a killing rampage. If you have played WC3 you would understand.

Deleted
    Darkshore is Alliance's.

There is a very nice Balance of the Faction Zone Control in the beta at the moment.

Also for the South Barrens, well there is a War, but I think it's becoming more of an Alliance Zone than Horde's.

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 01:25 AM ----------

Oh and yes, I hope Malfurion turns Hostile towards the Horde, 'cause after the quests in Stonetalon Mountains ... well ... you'll see for yourselves what I mean ...

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Also for the South Barrens, well there is a War, but I think it's becoming more of an Alliance Zone than Horde's.
    That's debatable. The Alliance launched a heavy offensive in S. Barrens, but Horde has a greater incentive and desire to push them out. S. Barrens is simply too important for the Horde due to its position between Durotar and Mulgore. Alliance may have bases there, but Horde will be destroying at least one of them in the quest lines.

Oh and yes, I hope Malfurion turns Hostile towards the Horde, 'cause after the quests in Stonetalon Mountains ... well ... you'll see for yourselves what I mean ...
    And Malfurion's reaction after he learns that Garrosh 'dismissed' the commander for his brutality?

The Alliance base that gets destroyed in S. Barrens is Bael Modan.

Bael Modan is in no way a military outpost.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    The Alliance base that gets destroyed in S. Barrens is Bael Modan.

Bael Modan is in no way a military outpost.
    It does house the largest population of dwarves in all of Kalimdor. And while it is not a military outpost, dwarven/titan cities are frequently built as places to hold up under siege. The Horde destroying Bael Modan removes a potential retreat point and supply storage area.

Quote Originally Posted by tstew View Post
    Anyone have an idea if Silverpine will hold more or any alliance quests? Considering Gilneas is directly south of it, logically, there would be nice flow into Silverpine for worgen questing.
    I doubt it because Blizz have added more horde quest hubs in Silverpine that reach into the forsaken lore as well as the anticipated forsaken attack on Gilneas. It would be cool if the Worgen fough back however it looks like they're retreating. Also Southshore in Hillsbrad has been destroyed so there would be no alliance quest flow into Hillsbrad. I think Blizz want Worgen to either goto Darkshore and quest through Kalimdor (Ashenvale, Stonetalon, Desolace, Feralas etc) or to goto Westfall and continue you through southern Eastern Kingdoms (redridge, duskwood, STV) or even come north through wetlands into arathi highlands. However inevitably i think we can see Hillsbrad, alterac mountains and especially silverpine forest horde dominated with little or no quests for worgen and the alliance.

Gilneas puts up one hell of a fight, they bum rush Sylvanas' forces, then Sylvanas is said to use plague, they retreat, destroy a warship with plague, plague destroys a shit load of stuff, Night Elves come in and save the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    It does house the largest population of dwarves in all of Kalimdor. And while it is not a military outpost, dwarven/titan cities are frequently built as places to hold up under siege. The Horde destroying Bael Modan removes a potential retreat point and supply storage area.
    It also is a act of revenge for the Alliance burning down Camp Taurajo.

Deleted
    Pyrewood is remaining Alliance affiliated, but I doubt that it will have many quests for the Alliance(if at all). Think about this logically: Pyrewood is essentially the Alliance equivalent of the Orc camp in Darkshore, correct? Now, do you really think that this camp in Darkshore, being so far away from Durotar, will serve as a hub for low level Horde players?

I think what's most likely going on here is what quite a few people have already suggested. Blizzard is simply introducing/buffing up these places to serve one purpose only: a quest location. In Darkshore, you'll be getting quests saying "There's a Horde camp in the south. Go kill some Orcs and bring back their ears", and likewise in Silverpine (Especially considering the Forsaken are getting about three more quest hubs now), you'll be getting quests saying "This village is blocking the way to Gilneas. Go kill some Worgen and bring back their teeth".