Thread: Racial Leaders

Racial Leaders

(sorry, Search doesn't work, so I dunno if this idea was proposed)

The idea is to make racial leader raiding more rewarding. They should drop epic items (some PvE and some PvP, exclusive to racial leaders only, on par with current top tier), also some rarely dropping items that start epic quests and such (will elaborate on this a bit later). Achievements should exist for killing a racial leader within set amount of time from enetering the city, with only a single raid within the city and the like.

Defenders should get rewards for killing attackers near the leader and not letting the leader die - phat lewtz, achievements, etc. If a leader is killed, there should appear a quest on his corpse, "Taking Revenge" or such.

As for quests: they can range from head turn-ins to epic chains, aimed at disrupting enemies' forces (slaying commanders, possible heirs to the leader and such).

Head turn-in could be a pretty epic event. First of all, head carrier shouldn't be able to teleport or use portals, or the head would drop. It must be carried to faction leader (Garrosh/Varian). Opposing faction must capture the head and get it to a NPC in the closest settlelement, who will teleport wit it to the capital and resurrect the leader. If the head is returned/captured, successful participants get an achi/some phat lewtz/some other rewards.

About cities: killing (or defending) a number of special NPCs (to undermine city's economy, infrastructure, etc. Examples can be tauren arch-druid or leader of SI:7) would earn similar rewards, but on lesser scale, also without head turn-ins (but still with some interesting quests)

All this would make city raiding more exciting and rewarding.

What do you think?
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Sounds cool. Will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zartec View Post
    Sounds cool. Will never happen.
    ...as won't most ideas posted on these forums. But that's not the point =))

I dunno if I want For The Horde on a weekly lockout >.>

I'm also not sure about purplez but I agree that there should be more incentive than a one-time black war bear.

Good idea since the horde only 5 times on our server killed our leaders and we killing the horde leaders every week

This thread is not new nor exciting.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I would suggest, a global timer.

Otherwise people would just do it at 4 am.

good thing, but thing again. how would that work on servers like silvermoon-eu? (95% alliance 5% horde server)

Would be a lot of fun. Weekly horde raids.

Deleted
    i like the idea

What they need to do is give the leaders more abilities, or something like "phases". I mean, they're our racial bosses, they should be just that - raid bosses. I don't mean make them intricate boss fights, but most of them are pretty much tank and spank.. Make them harder. Much harder. The "For the [Faction]!" acheivement should be a feat of strenght.

They need to amp the difficulty up, make it as hard as it was in vanilla to kill a racial leader. A successful raid on a city was very seldom heard of, back then. And it was awesome.

Yeah, the encounters should be tuned up every patch to match the difficulty of the harder bosses of the current tier.

+ the leader strength should scale with amount of opposing faftion's NPCs in the city.

I don't agree that they should be soloable like they currently are, but we also have to remember that they can't be 25 man Arthas tough, or any one DK could wipe a raid by adding a bunch of AoE damage.

You guys want to turn these poor npcs into a game of capture the flag (or head).

What about the wotlk pvp gear design? We were promised to have thrall's head on the shoulders by the next season!

I think a good way to try and balance the faction leaders is by them being able to 'detect' the amount of friendly lvl 85s. If there are few, the boss is very strong, if there are many friendlies, the boss is much weaker. Something like tenacity, but with a 50-100 meter range centered on the boss.