Page 1 of 2
LastLast

and Spain has won it!

Spain have beaten Holland to win the FIFA World Cup Final 2010 in South Africa!
    Big fat gz and sorry to all my dutch guildies!

(and Paul the octopus was right yet again!)

I have some Dutch guildies that will be miserable after this, at least they did better then my team though xD

That octopus is intriguing, maybe if I cook it and eat it, I'll ingest it's psychic powers @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
    I have some Dutch guildies that will be miserable after this, at least they did better then my team though xD

That octopus is intriguing, maybe if I cook it and eat it, I'll ingest it's psychic powers @_@
    Yeah, a lot of the Dutch will be sad, but to be honest the way the Dutch players played was terrible.
    Tripping the Spanish at every opportunity.
    Spain deserved it as well.

And if you did ingest it's psychic powers that would be so cool!

Heh, the Dutch didn't play as bad as England did, that WAS appaling, I've seen a game of bowles played with more enthusiasm. Octopus is actually REALLY delicious, I'm surprised it's not a much more common dish.

Yeh :P England was terrible.
    And I've ate squid but never octopus I wonder if tastes the same :P

Ooeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeooeoeoeoeoeoeoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk
    The goblins have allied with the horde in the past, so i assume that the Alliance force thought that the Goblins are once more in league with the goblins.

High Overlord
    Damn it! Holland should've won

Big, big congratz Spain!!
    You've earned this

Spain has won completely rightfully, and I am glad they did. (This comes form a German ). The Holland team might consider shifting to rugby, their play style would fit wonderfully there. De Jong should leave ball sports all together, and be imprisoned for assault, or given to some martial arts group. Distasteful game.

I am both surprised and disappointed at the lack of meme's. Usually about 100 have surfaced within 5 minutes of any major public event.

Losing coz a player scored that should get a red card after an action that should've been disallowed coz of out of play, which on his turn should've never been there coz the dutch should have gotten a corner... and the rev against you... Sucks to lose like that

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Spain has won completely rightfully, and I am glad they did. (This comes form a German ). The Holland team might consider shifting to rugby, their play style would fit wonderfully there. De Jong should leave ball sports all together, and be imprisoned for assault, or given to some martial arts group. Distasteful game.

Yeah , i am from Germany too and when Iniesta scored i was like "YEEEEEEEES!!!!XXD". I'm very happy , for this is Spains First 1st place in a World Cup. <3
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2010-07-11 at 10:29 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Grats to them. I don't really follow soccer/football but grats :P

Fuck. Spain.

Felicitaciones espana. Pero juegais lento.

I fell asleep and missed seeing a movie with my friend XD

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Slack A Lot View Post
    Losing coz a player scored that should get a red card after an action that should've been disallowed coz of out of play, which on his turn should've never been there coz the dutch should have gotten a corner... and the rev against you... Sucks to lose like that
    Judging just based on this one scene, yeah, it maybe was a bit of a bad luck thing - but it's not that we hadn't plenty of these throughout the whole world cup. That's no excuse, but these things just have to be taken.
    But looking at the whole game, Spain really did a better job! At least they TRIED to play soccer in between all those fouls from the Netherlands. Sure, they're not free of those too, but that brutal rugby oranje calls soccer didn't even deserve to be in the finals in the first place. Change that to playing nice, fair and good, and my neighborly patriotism may kick in. You simply don't win finals by collecting yellow cards for almost every single player in the team, of which two actually were deep red (yeah, Spain had to take some really bad decisions too my friend).

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Slack A Lot View Post
    Considering that Netherlands should have ended the first half with two less players (Van Bommel and De Jong), you shouldn't be complaining to the ref...

Fuck yeah, I'm from Spain and that's completely amazing! Xavi should win the Gold Ball this year.

EDIT: I'm editing this post just to add a GIF. After the first match some english press blamed Casillas' girlfriend. She's a famous sports journalist here in Spain and she was covering the World cup for the TV. Here's the interview after the match

Last edited by Izzard; 2010-07-12 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzard View Post
    Considering that Netherlands should have ended the first half with two less players (Van Bommel and De Jong), you shouldn't be complaining to the ref...

Fuck yeah, I'm from Spain and that's completely amazing! Xavi should win the Gold Ball this year.

EDIT: I'm editing this post just to add a GIF. After the first match some english press blamed Casillas' girlfriend. She's a famous sports journalist here in Spain and she was covering the World cup for the TV. Here's the interview after the match

Considering that the ref whistled against The Netherlands at LITERALLY every opportunity (don't even try to argue with me on that because I watched the whole thing with a hawk's eye ) I would say that the ref was biased, going as far as giving The Netherlands enough yellow cards to actually put them out of the game. Though I do wholeheartedly agree that Nigel de Jong should have had a red card I would say that Spain had his fair share of yellow and red cards that they didn't get. I don't give a shit about football but I hate it to see that a game gets molested by a biased ref who doesn't even try to be subtle at it. In other words, congratulations Spain. You earned it because you had a high chance of winning even if the ref was a different one.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2010-07-12 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

I guess it's easy to accuse the ref of being biased if you're biased enough yourself. (Fun fact: This was the ref responsible for giving a goal against Spain wrongfully in an earlier game - so much about bias.) Therefore I wouldn't give anything on such utters from any Spanish or Dutch person right now. Every single one card has been well earned. From both sides, but the ratio does reflect the severity of fouls faithfully, if not in favor of Holland, considering what they dared to do in some instances. And that is my unbiased opinion, I couldn't have cared less who had won this. But implying Holland has been treated unfair goes just too far.