Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Go on the spain!

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Holland was unacceptable. There's no way to defend them. Some decisions favoured Spain as well, nothing to say against it, but Holland didn't either play football: they just went with the idea to destroy Spanish initiative in such a dirty way I've never seen in any World Cup Final and I've rarely seen in matches of any cathegory or tournament at all. Spain was the most fair team during this World Cup, they even got the Fair Play award. There's little or no point to complain about Spanish fouls when it was Holland to bring the match on that ground, without being penalized enough for it. A couple of red cards against Holland in the first half of the match and you wouldn't have a chance to complain about Spain being dirty as well.

If you say so matey. You also want to include the second yellow card of Heitinga that made completely no sense? A light push? I agree, that's worth a second yellow card that puts him out of the match, as I said before. Nigel de Jong should stop playing football because that was just a dirty trick but you have to agree atleast abit that atleast the half of the yellow cards Holland got were nonsense, especially because Spain didn't get the cards they should have gotten. Also I would like to say that apparently the faking of injuries at the Spanish side isn't dirty either? Especially when overdoing it, as i've said before, three times. Spain deserved it's victory but I am merely complaining about the ref who was not even subtle at being biased.

You can stop putting words in my mouth because I said it was a well-earned victory of Spain and I never denied so.

All of you can stop doing that

Irregular tackles can be punished in different ways, depending on circumstances: if a team is repeatedly committing tactical fouls that, standing alone, wouldn't deserve any yellow card, the referee can punish 'em with more severity (especially, but not only, when they're committed by the same player).
    Overall, Holland's behaviour deserved way more severity than it received: it's this lack of severity that makes some yellow cards look excessive and draws and incoherent system of evaluation.
    Anyway I agree that Spain took advantage of some critical decisions as well.

Ah-well. Happy that you're being such a good sport about it xD

As said before, I don't care much about football and I'm happy for Spain, they deserved it.

I'm not going to give any further responses on this

Also, who thinks Nigel de Jong should do Kung-fu instead of football x)?