Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pssh. Arts has an easy ride. Study something real and make a contribution.

EDIT: I agree with the brilliant poster above me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Usually if you organize your time then there is no problem at all.

Problem comes when your friends, family or, specially, your GF/BF are the spontaneous kind of person, you know, the kind that show at your house when not expected or that wanna go out as soon as they have time available, usually apearing in your raiding or arena nights demanding the attention your guild is currently having.

I´ve come to think that games like WoW that work on schedules (reset timers, dailys, weekly arenas) don´t go well with that kind of people.

Now the most problematic i think are obsessive people, but they´re trouble wherever they go so i don´t need to talk about that O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    Pssh. Arts has an easy ride. Study something real and make a contribution.

EDIT: I agree with the brilliant poster above me.
    Whenever I think about code I hear Code Monkey in my head.

Code monkey like Fritos...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, but I'm not just doing art. This year art, next year, psychology. It's surprising how well they go together, and art does make pretty decent contributions, even to WoW. Graphic designers, concept artists, etc. Basically almost everything we see in that game was originally designed by an artist. People who say art is easy don't realise how much effort goes into every essay/painting/idea

I actually have lost two friends to WoW. We all used to play together, but they became hardcore addicts. Not hardcore players, addicts, to the point where they won't wash themselves for weeks or bother to cook themselves food/etc. The sad part is, they're STILL shit at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
    Ah, but I'm not just doing art. This year art, next year, psychology. It's surprising how well they go together, and art does make pretty decent contributions, even to WoW. Graphic designers, concept artists, etc. Basically almost everything we see in that game was originally designed by an artist. People who say art is easy don't realise how much effort goes into every essay/painting/idea

I actually have lost two friends to WoW. We all used to play together, but they became hardcore addicts. Not hardcore players, addicts, to the point where they won't wash themselves for weeks or bother to cook themselves food/etc. The sad part is, they're STILL shit at the game.

Never confuse effort with difficulty...

You can spend hours digging a hole. This does not mean that digging a hole is complicated of difficult.

Also, I am left and right brained coming up with a logically artistic idea is a fucking cake walk.

I tried graphic design in college, I was bored as fuck. Look I can make shit look better /lolz

The true game artists are the engine writers. The reason the new water looks so cool is because of people like this, the reason that hair moves in Blizz cinematics is because of coders.

Codes make, and break games. If it weren't for code, there would only be an art gallery for a game.

Games are very artistic, and sometimes this is time consuming, but it is almost never mentally challenging. It is all about knowing how the eye moves and reads, after you get this down it is all about imagination and a 3 year old has that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a brilliant imagination, I wouldn't be a top student if I didn't. It's not the ideas that are the problem, nor is the quality of my work. It's keeping deadlines that I struggle with since having a serious medical condition that requires lots of surgery and medication can be a bit of a bugger. I've forgotten what this has to do with WoW now xD

It's nice to get an interesting conversation though, please keep going =D

ITT:
    "Hey, does online gaming change you?"
    "I like Art "
    "ART IS STUPID. GET A REAL JOB."
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, it's this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...me-changes-you again.

Guess he didn't understand me =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahahaha! *kindnaps and takes you home* I'm a bit miserable that everyone found the art thing more interesting then the two junkies

I have a brilliant imagination, I wouldn't be a top student if I didn't. It's not the ideas that are the problem, nor is the quality of my work. It's keeping deadlines that I struggle with since having a serious medical condition that requires lots of surgery and medication can be a bit of a bugger. I've forgotten what this has to do with WoW now xD

It's nice to get an interesting conversation though, please keep going =D
    Yes, but everyone has deadlines.

Even underwater basket weavers have a deadline. To expect less out of a paying career would be ridiculous. Art is a real job, I would also call it difficult once it reaches it's higher tiers because your fans expect so much of you. Just like with WotLK, it was not a bad game. Blizzard just has such a reputation that it is thought of as less. Even though compared to other developers, WotLK was really amazing.

Yet, for an aspiring artist the only difficulty is being discovered.

There, I tied WoW into it again.

Don't argue with Fuger. He's a decent fellow until you get him arguing...at which point you should be prepared to dedicate the next 2 days to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't realise I was arguing, I quite like what he's saying ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    Doesn't apply. I have fibromyalgia, am Bipolar, and have Borderline Personality Disorder. I play the game because I have a hard time doing anything else.
    Devo lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Don't argue with Fuger. He's a decent fellow until you get him arguing...at which point you should be prepared to dedicate the next 2 days to it.
    I am a hardcore debater. I LOVE to argue. It is a small passion of mine.

---------- Post added 2010-07-12 at 05:51 AM ----------

Didn't realise I was arguing, I quite like what he's saying ^^
    Thats because I am an artist/Computer geek.

I took classes for a semester or so in art fields and I truly hated them because of my natural ability with art. I prefer just to mess around and see what come put of it.

You know what's boring? Animation is boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be the type of person I like to have a drink with and just talk, and talk, and talk. Doesn't matter if it's an argument/debate/whatever, people like that always get the cogs in my head turning, good company does that. Anyway back to WoW before I get in trouble for hijacking the topic some more.

You seem to be the type of person I like to have a drink with and just talk, and talk, and talk. Doesn't matter if it's an argument/debate/whatever, people like that always get the cogs in my head turning, good company does that. Anyway back to WoW before I get in trouble for hijacking the topic some more.
    You can't highjack a topic that wasn't supposed to be here anyway.

You can't highjack a topic that wasn't supposed to be here anyway.
    Highjack the irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Highjack the irrelevant?
    You could make it relevant, I suppose.

You could make it relevant, I suppose.
    How? This thread is beyond hope.