ill there finally be a working /LFR tool?

The /LFR tool in its current form is beyond total crap. No one uses it at all and its just a joke added by Blizzard so the GMs can sit in front of their PCs wand watch all the idiots ride circles around Dalaran. Right now the only way for people who either enjoy PuGing or just dont have time or maybe dont even want to join a guild to find a raid is to sit in Dalaran until someone in trade chat says "Raid to X looking for Y class PST". Why are we forced to sit in cities? Why cant we be allowed to quest and gather herbs or mine or even do BGs while we also look for a raid? I cant think of how many hours I spend a week just sitting in Dalaran waiting for a PuG to pop up when I could be out herbing or mining while watching a raid LFG channel on my screen.

You just described the LFG channel as it was in BC.

So it's their fault people don't use the tools they provide? Or that you don't want to join a guild that raids?

the problem is people will complain raiding is so casual now and all that crap if they make it any better.

we have complaints either way, i'd prefer just being able to que with people from other servers who have a chance of not failing as bad as my current one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
    Right now there is only 1 way you get into a raid IF YOU ARENT IN A GUILD and thats sit in Dalaran and wait for someone to start spamming trade.
    And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Blizzard does not need to spoon feed us any more than they have already.

If you want to raid regularly, JOIN A GUILD. That's the whole purpose of guilds. Find one with people you can play well with and bob's your uncle. You may not be at the bleeding edge of content, but at least you'll have a regular raid spot and people to raid with each week.

There are plenty of guilds to suit all sorts of needs. Some raid in the morning, some raid afternoon, other raid in primetime night, others raid very late at night into the early hours of the morning. Regardless of what time suits you best, there's guaranteed to be several guilds on your server that raid those times. All these guilds vary in the amount they raid too. Some may raid 1 night a week for 4 hours, others may raid 4 nights a week 2 hours a night. A little research and its not hard - at all - to find a guild that suits your playtime.

On the other hand, if you are so very casual that you can't commit to any regular raid time at all, then maybe raiding just isn't for you. Try some of the other elements of WoW for your fun.
    Last edited by Aethenor; 2010-07-12 at 07:32 AM.

The issues Blizzard are facing with the LFR tool is not one of 'should we implement it or not', they already said they like the idea; the issue is that if you have a random raid tool like we do the dungeon tool now, you go into ICC and clear for example 4/12. Now you, and 9 or 24 other people from other realms, are all saved to this unique raid ID. Now one member of your raid decides to go back and clear the rest with his guild, leaving you and 8/23 other people with an empty instance and only the rewards for 4 bosses. Blizzard doesn't think that's fair and won't implement a random LFR tool until a solution to that problem is found. With the development of Cata and the current live Beta, I don't expect it to be high on their priorities list, especially with the new lockout system comming in cata.

Ok, so you want to queue for raid with Random People? ok not random people, there will be a filter.

What filter? Gearscore? Bosses downed? you can be a total shit and have 6k gearscore and a lot of bosses downed.

I won't use a LFR if they implement it, maybe for the weekly quest.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    What filter? Gearscore? Bosses downed? you can be a total shit and have 6k gearscore and a lot of bosses downed.
    So how do you decide who to invite if you search yourself? If neither gear nor experience is valid, how do you judge a player you don't know? By the color of their hair?

If you can only play with people you know are competent, you have to play in a set group anyways, so don't concern yourself with the pug tool

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    So how do you decide who to invite if you search yourself? If neither gear nor experience is valid, how do you judge a player you don't know? By the color of their hair?

If you can only play with people you know are competent, you have to play in a set group anyways, so don't concern yourself with the pug tool
    Ever heard of the awsome thing called "Armory"?

There's a few problems with how Blizzard have made LFG work.

• The LFG channel is disabled by default, so people don't use it.
    • Blizzard don't enforce trade only talk in the Trade channel, so it gets abused and used for LFG due to having no assurance that everyone can view the LFG channel by default.
    • The LFG channel only works in cities with the new LFG tool; the LFG channel used to work outside cities when you queued LFG/LFM, so by all rights it should do the same with the new one and make the channel usable by those who are using the LFG tool and raid browser.
    • Blizzard seperated the LFG tool and raid browser -- there was no need to do that at all --, so many people don't even realise the raid browser exists and it doesn't get used by even those who wish to use it.

The comments section could be used to report achievements, intent and gear score -- if you must ask for it --, but why rely on that?; do your own inspections on armory or using various addon options. (If it matters so much that you know someone's gearscore, it's not like gear score isn't setup to obtain it, so why ask for people to supply a number that could be fake for all you know?.)

As to the issue of PUGs leaving incomplete IDs and any member of a PUG being able to hijack it: who cares (I've not seen any blue mention this as a reason not to do it.)? Sure it's lame, but it can be abused now anyway, so it doesn't even factor into if automated raid formations should be done. As this would be something that would now have to be introduced with Cataclysm, you need to look at that enviroment, and there the ability to hijack PUG IDs is completely moot due to no longer needing to rely on IDs themselves.

The reason Blizzard said they were aprehensive about doing it for raids, is the complexity in forming raids. There's class runs, and then there's also the need to ensure you have a good spread of buffs and classes in order to do well. They said they will be looking at trying it for 10mans only because of this, but that doesn't preclude 25mans from being done if it works out okay.

It can be done in Cata, and it's just a matter of time until it is because that's the way things are moving, along with cross realm/battelgroup interactions and maybe some day cross battlegroup.

I read somewhere (long ago) they plan to update this tool along the usability of LFG tool.

Kinda wish Blizz would make Trade off by default and LFG on. It makes a lot more sense, really, since new players aren't going to have the funds to purchase anything hawked via Trade, but LFG might bring them something useful.

Of course, that just means that LFG will get spammed with 'WTS [Item No One Buys Ever] for You'dHaveToBeAGoldFarmerToAfford'

Considering that LFG assembled teams are often full of fail, so you really think a LFR will work at all? I foresee a lot of getting locked out after the first boss because the team is utter crap.

Deleted
    I believe they are going to make raid ID's more flexible, making you able to join any raid with same amount of bosses killed. correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've heard.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the old LFG tool, where you could just list yourself and give yourself a comment, then people who were looking for more members would just scan the tool for the instance they wanted to do and pick people. That would honestly work really great for raids.