druid seeking help (not typical)

I haven't played since wrath released and to get back into the game I RAF'D with a friend, rolled a druid and 60 in 1 day played so..... whats next?

I leveled resto and she leveled prot pally so we instanced the whole way - no gold for dual spec and I've come to a toss up between feral and boomkin, I like to instance (obviously considering I leveled 15-60 with NOTHING but instances. I left thunderbluff 4 times)

Boomkin I'm probably more appropriately geared for, but 1 day of questing in hellfire will fix that. Mostly I'm interested in knowing whether I should stay resto (I cannot afford dual spec) and continue instancing (fast group times), spec DPS for better soloing, or spec tank for better soloing / still having fast ques. I want the fastest 60-70 possible. I am experienced in tanking feral (old account) but not boomkin... no idea what its even capable of in terms of soloing

Thanks for your time druid forums

Feral druids are extremely fast to level up, as they will have pretty much no downtime. When playing boomkin you'd have to drink at times. I leveled my druid from 1-70 as feral in <5 days (no RAF in Denmark :/ ) and then resto/boomkin from 70-80 leveling mainly though instances, soloing as boomkin in queue times. Boomkins has some nice burst starfires when they crit, but also a long cast time.
    Also when questing, you'll get money pretty fast, so you should be able to afford dual spec within short time, if you feel like leveling through instances. You should be able to mix up talents in feral tree to be able to dps as well as tank in outland. It's not like the instances are the hardest ones on normal
    But all in all I think you gotta do what you prefer to do. You can try both out, and get a feeling of it.
    Last edited by Lalleholm; 2010-07-12 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Forgot about dual spec

Spec for feral tank, you should have instant queues for instances and deal enough damage to quest fast and easy,

Its the best if you cant afford a dualspec.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fully agree with Prokenny. I leveled much of my playing time as a bear, and with the maul glyph, you simply tear trough anything! Really, just try to get as much AGI/STA on your gear, and you will dodge about half the attacks - no downtime whatsoever + you can do most of the 3man group quests.

And yea, did i mention instant queues ?

feral is easier to level up as. Its one of the ultimate solo classes for anything that may come your way

However i do find Balance more enjoyable especially at 80. If i were you I would just try both specs for a little bit and decide which you find more enjoyable unless ofc you just want to hit 80 as fast as possible.. Then just go Feral