Thread: Hit Problems

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    OP, im afraid you actually need 145% hit to be hit capped. Don't forget you can have hit food and other classes debuffs on the target (like the shadow priests Misery)

However, even with ICC25 Heroic gear it is impossible to get 145% hit so you can't remove misses altogether. The way to get a better hit vs miss ratio is to actually gem your gear with Spell Penetration.

Lot of people say Spell Penetration is for PvP only, but those people have no idea that bosses have spell resist as well. So you need to try for a balance of gemmed and enchanted Spell Penetration and Hit rating. Around 50:50 is perfect.

Also, make sure you are casting spells from behind. If you are in front of the target you will find that the enemy can see the Arcane Missiles or Arcane Barrages coming and will attempt to dodge them. The Expertise stat CAN remove these spell dodges, HOWEVER DO NOT gem or enchant for Expertise, as this will cause you to lose hit or spell penetration and you will start missing more from behind the target.
    Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got bored,so I started to make a mage and with everything he highest hit I could get up to was 79.01%
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

On the topic of hit rating though. I sometimes miss. I am hit capped, but I still sometimes miss.

Did I read somewhere that even at the hit cap, you still have a 1% chance to miss? So at any hit rating, even 100% you STILL have a 1% chance to miss a level 83 mob?
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

maybe agility for 100% dodge is cool too as a mage ?

level up JC and u get 3 dragon's eyes 34 hit each :P

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne View Post
    On the topic of hit rating though. I sometimes miss. I am hit capped, but I still sometimes miss.

Did I read somewhere that even at the hit cap, you still have a 1% chance to miss? So at any hit rating, even 100% you STILL have a 1% chance to miss a level 83 mob?
    Back in BC it was that way, but not anymore. Your target either had an extra ability to avoid spells, or You lost a buff that was keeping you at hit cap. (Boomkin/Shadow Priest)
    I don't have an ego, I just love how awesome I am.

Quote Originally Posted by skílganon View Post
    to OP, have you got recount?

if no, then get it. have a few fights and see what the breakdown of your damage is. Each spell should tell you how many hits and misses and glancing blows you make, thats a good indication of how much hit you need to gem and enchant more. If you find (and I suspect you will) that there are no misses and that every spell hits then you may start geming spellpower and haste for the extra boom.
    Lol, range does have glancing blows. Ranged attacks can only miss or be absorbed. Can show up as "block" do to certain CDs but can not be dodged, blocked or parried like a melee attack can.

10+ Year Old Account
    For goodness sakes people, reading comprehension is failing:

The original poster wrote "What pieces of gear do you guys recommend for reaching 100% hit?"

WoW is all about players setting themselves personal goals and going for them. Clearly, this particular player's goal is to reach 100% hit rating on the character sheet.

NOT hitcap, or 100% chance to hit bosses. +100% DISPLAYED hit rating. In no way did the OP state wanting to be hit capped for raids.

---------- Post added 2010-07-12 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alipeve View Post
    Oh I see, You guys are misunderstanding me. A boss is level 83, but the mobs in cataclysm are higher than that. I'm not going for some stupid raid related hit 'cap.' I'm trying to make it so I never miss while grinding level 85 mobs once cata comes out. I'm sorry, I should have clarified myself better.

So does anyone know some better items available outside of heroic ICC that can help me with my dilemma?
    it is safe to assume you are already going to be hitcapped for level 88 bosses with that much rating.
    ~Anyhow if you need help finding hit items, go on wowhead.com and access the item database there. select the armor/item type you want, and create a filter saying 'has hit rating > 40, then filter the results by item level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can go higher than this (58.95%). I can be wrong BS&JC required.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Lol, range does have glancing blows. Ranged attacks can only miss or be absorbed. Can show up as "block" do to certain CDs but can not be dodged, blocked or parried like a melee attack can.
    yeah, thanks for that... my point is that I wanted OP to look at recount to see for himself that he doesn't need 100% hit, not be told as he does not seem to believe anybody (in which case, why ask a public forum advice? But that's another question, for another thread)

Its also possible that the poster below you is totally correct that it has nothing to do with being "raid capped" that he just wants to get 100% hit, however from the op's postings I doubt that this is the case.
    "I have as much power on this planet as the Pope. I just don't have as many people that believe it"
    George Carlin RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Alipeve View Post
    Back in BC it was that way, but not anymore. Your target either had an extra ability to avoid spells, or You lost a buff that was keeping you at hit cap. (Boomkin/Shadow Priest)
    Thanks for that. I'm a Shadow Priest So with Shadow Focus and Misery, I am always at 17%. It doesn't happen often. Very rarely. But reason for concern none-the-less. Deeps is deeps

I'm sure raid bosses are easier to hit - they're much bigger than other mobs after all?

If the op is worried about hitting level 85 mobs in cata maybe he should grind the bigger ones?

You make a good point. Though I would prob take of your helm too. Flowing cloth on your helm is definately gonna impair your vision, increasing your chance to miss too.

Empty your bags, carrying all that weight around with you is going to tire you quickly.

Just a couple hints.