Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Male Dwarf definitely, they're beasts.

Female human is one of the most bland and boring race/gender combos there is. Add horrible animations and you have something you shouldn't pick.

Dwarf is most likely your best choice, not only because of the awesome graphics, but also because of the racial "Stoneform" that they have. I know that you don't care about racials but this might make you choice even easier.

Deleted
    I vote Female dwarf, the least played race/gender combo in the game

Deleted
    I went from life tiem Horde to alliance too, and went with dwarf cuz 1. Their awesome. 2. their not as wussy and pansy as the rest of alliance.
    Go Dwarf!

Lok'Tar!

how are the tanking animations for male dwarf, scale of 1/10 (10/10 being male tauren)

Female human. You'll love it. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip2828 View Post
    Is male dwarf the ONLY way to retain some of my horde-ness?
    ugly and no gay style, yep that's a choice, but i personally wouldn't change to alliance

To be honest, i would say Draenei male. They are about as close as you can get to a Tauren. Just make sure you turn off speech because it will drive you up the wall. Dont play Draenei hunters though, the animations will make you cry.

Male Dwarf, no doubt about it. nothing beats a drunken, short, bulky, bearded man when it comes to style in the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

Not many of the races on the Ally side really give you that feeling of "bad-ass-ness" that a Tauren does.

Small models usually make me laugh, but i get bored looking at them because the gear looks so terrible.

Drawf is really the only races id play for a main character, unless i was playing lock or shaman, then id have to chose gnome/draenei for obvious reasons.

I also would never play a human, ever under any circumstance. Its a fantasy i don't see the point in playing a human.
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!

squidies are not an option ^^

i agree with rakeer...faction changing because of your guild is a horrible idea. tried being alliance for a little while after being horde for years and it sucked. looking at humans of different sizes gets incredibly dull and if you ever pvp even a little, you'll get frustrated from the constant fail at least on most battlegroups. if you do end up resenting your guild, you'll have wasted your money completely...find a new guild.

If you're a man, you go Dwarf. If you're a sissy pants, pick any other Alliance race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrrel View Post
    Male Dwarf.
    This conversation is over.
    ^^^

Male dwarf is the only alliance race worth playing!

Personally I can never understand how someone would be willing to play a Tauren,
    but taking that Tauren is what you like I suspect you like bulky "strong" characters.
    Because of that you might look at Male Draenai. Especially as tanks they
    look great (though if the tank is a warrior, I think nightelf looks best). Me personally I would not play Male Draenai, but as you liked Tauren you might like them.

As was suggested by several people you might also look into Male Dwarves. Myselves I never managed to level a dwarf past lvl 10, as I always felt he moved like an ape... I was told it would look better
    after some better gear, but still could not stand the sight of it. But in the end it is all personal taste!

You mentioned Female Human. Personally I am a longyears female human player,
    and I can say that the aesthetics is nice. Many people also liked Female Nightelf
    you mentioned in your post, personally I like the female human better, but it is obvious
    a matter of personal taste (I did never really like the haircolor+skincolor combinations
    available for nightelfs, and liked the human "faces" better, my nightelf priest I later
    converted into a human female because of that). Casting animation for female human is nice.

If you consider female human, you might also look into female draenai (I changed my
    main character from female human to female draenai, and despite liking female human
    very much I like female draenai even better - great looks and great cast animation).
    Especially for a caster I would consider female draenai.

Whatever you choose, before you factionchange, try out the character on a lowlevel a bit, so you are sure you picked the correct one, I would suggest.
    Last edited by MagicSN; 2010-07-12 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drulz View Post
    If you're a man, you go Dwarf. If you're a sissy pants, pick any other Alliance race.

what he said!

ye Male Dwarf probably

i'd suggest Enhancement Shamen in Cata dual weilding Venerable Mass of McGowans (you can send them over in the post)

looks bad ass.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-07-12 at 02:30 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by drulz View Post
    My new options are male dwarf or female nightelf

I like the horde-ness of a dwarf, but i think they look awful in armor ;[ they are SOOO blocky. Female nightelves are kinda cool because they are lithe and have sweet as tanking animations (maybe even better than tauren).