need help with zombie movies

hello i have a question about zombie movies

-they can only die, if they get beat up really badly or get shot in the head

-their only reason for wanting to kill a person is to eat their brains

so how could there ever be more than 1 zombie if the first zombie suceeds in eating the first victims brain so he never changes into a zombie he just stays dead

oldskool zombies that

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies don't kill people to eat their brains, they just eat human flesh, upon contact(bieng bitten) the zombie disease will spread into your body and as the zombies eat your flesh you are turned into one of them, they will stop eating your when your heart stops as then you are no longer "human"

i highly suggest to imobilize the zombie by shooting its legs off or to take it out completely by blowing its head off with either a 9MM or a shotgun as these are the only bullets that hurt them, a chainsaw will also hurt them but this requires you to get close and that is not advised.

I would like to add a couple of things: in most zombie movies, and especially in the ones that codified the genre, the 'disease' isn't spread upon physical contact: it's spread by blood and arguably other humours.
    They don't eat brains more than they eat other organs.
    In some movies, they also eat other living creatures: for example in the very first zombie movie, Night of the Living Dead (G. Romero, 1968), they're seen eating a rat. Altho it doesn't seem to be natural at all in another Romero's movie (Survival of Dead, 2009), and they have to be driven into eating animals.

Zombies can be commonly stopped by shooting or otherwise harming their brain: I guess they might eventually 'survive' with the same chance of other living creatures to survive whether the harm isn't lethal. Some zombie movies show zombies surviving on their sole head after it was detached from the body, as long as brain wasn't harmed.

If zombies get to eat you entirely, you will have little chance to turn into another zombie and spread the plague. But since zombies can survive as long as brain isn't harmed, even on their sole head, that's not the case in most circumstances.
    Last edited by Memory; 2010-07-12 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Considering how dumb the majority of zombie movies is, I wouldn't care to expect much logic behind anything. As long as living stuff gets shot, eaten, mutilated and tortured, and plenty of grunting moans are audible, any zombie movie does it's genre justice.
    Just the majority. Romero is actually an author. Not the greatest artist of all time, but he's quite solid anyway.