BM leveling question.

I have a question. Im leveling my hunter alt right now , BM specced , and I thought that If I go BM spec , I wont have any probs of pulling aggro of my pet.
    Trying to use intimidation , but I can only use it every 2nd mob due to the cd.
    Im using a Ravasaur , and Im lvl 67.
    Also , every skill that my pet can use is on auto-cast (Growl , Bite , Monstrous Bite)
    Generally I start with Sting , then arcane , then multi , and steady till the mob is dead.
    I usually pull aggro after the multi shot , or after first steady (mob is ~40% then , but usually it has still enough time to get to me)

My question is : Is there something Im doing wrong , or it is normal pulling aggro of the pet? Should I just wait for Misdirect?

My armory if any1 find it useful :
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Dawn&cn=Lonsur

get a tank pet thunder clap has a threat modifier and 20 percent increased growl threat.

1: get a tenacity pet. I think my bear was specced as such at 64.
    2: always send in the pet before you attack.
    3: get points in: Cobra strikes, Animal handler, Go for the throat (1 point should suffice). All those will increase damage of your pet and therefor its threat will be higher.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Well, after you get to Outlands and afterwards, its pretty common to pull aggro of your pet because you start dealing damage at this point (the damage to compared while leveling back at Azeroth). Also because hunters dont have any passive talents for threat reduction, you might want to Feign Death as well.

Only way for ur pet to really have aggro is send it in 1st b4 u start attacking. Even BM specc'd hunter will out threat their pets easily. Nothing u can really do but to MD or FD. I just found surv or mm to be faster since u can kill the mob b4 it reaches u.

There's nothing wrong with using a ferocity pet to level. I've done it several times, and as long as you do everything you can to maximize your pet's dps, you'll rarely pull aggro. This is because damage generates threat (therefore more pet damage = more pet threat), and as ranged you have to be doing 120% of melee's threat to actually pull aggro. Notice I said "rarely" and not "never", because it'll still happen sometimes, it's unavoidable thanks to rng crit strings and the cooldown on growl.

Your problem is your (and your pet's) spec.

Overall it's not bad, but there's a few key talents you should have, or at least have more points in. First I'd move a point out of Frenzy to max out animal handler. Notice that animal handler only boosts your PETS ap. This is good, it's more threat from him, less from you. Next move those points out of mortal shots and into careful aim over in the MM tree. Yeah that 12% extra damage from your crits is nice, but careful aim turns that 116 intellect you have into attack power. You're critting with less than 17% of your shots, more AP makes ALL of your shots hit harder. It also means that a string of crits hits for less, and while that sounds bad it means less burst threat and thus less chance of pulling aggro. As a side note, consider getting a point into imp mend pet for the dot clearing effect, and try to get some points in cobra strikes soon (this one helps pet threat too).

I think your REAL problem is likely your pet spec. It's not wrong per se, but it could be better. Try something more like this: http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#cudz0ss00ho. You can also pull the point out of great stam and put it in call of the wild if it's something you currently use a lot (which is rare given it's 5 min CD). Pets already have a ton of health and armor, so the extra points in great stam really aren't necessary. Cobra reflexes sounds bad but it DOES add up to a dps boost in the long run. And you really want culling the herd maxed out. 1 point in bloodthirsty is really sufficient as well (assuming you have 2/2 cobra reflexes, more attacks means more healing, healing also generates threat). This is a strong leveling build, and you've got 4 more talent points coming eventually, plenty of room to fill in bonus stuff.

Really I'd say give that pet spec a try before you change anything else, and see the difference it makes. If it's still not enough, adjust your own spec as well. Good luck!