Thread: Blizzcon 2010

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzcon 2010

what do you guys think we will be shown this year at Blizzcon?

i'm curious whats going to be shown due to blizzard not actually having much to discuss since Cataclysm is in Beta and should be released around the same time as Blizzcon. Starcraft 2 will be out and then there is basically only Diablo 3, which they can't do a whole blizzcon about, so what does everyone think?
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

My guess for the biggest announcement this year is gonna be the Cata release date.

Other than that, maybe a nice FAQ and more info on the warcraft movie?

I don't know...

Probably details of post launch changes and patches/bosses, probably lots of details of Diablo 3, arena/starcraft competitions, "maybe" some details on their unannounced mmo (highly dout but you never know)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

Release date, new racials, maybe more raid info, talent trees will probably be out in beta before then, but if not then unveiling those?

and as above new mmo is a possibility I suppose?

New MMO perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan View Post
    Release date, new racials, maybe more raid info, talent trees will probably be out in beta before then, but if not then unveiling those?

and as above new mmo is a possibility I suppose?
    The new racials and talent trees will be released long before Blizzcon. Blizzcon will be around the end of Betas life so we most likely will know everything about it's release (except maybe the date which they will most likely announce). I also think they will give us updates and what will be happening on upcoming patches.

As for the new MMO I doubt they will release anything but if they do I doubt it will be much. Maybe a name and description of what the game will be like.

New MMORPG details (secret project they been working on for 2 years) + Cataclysm CINEMATIC

Thats all i care about anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewhywhy View Post
    + Cataclysm CINEMATIC
    Oooh yes...

I forgot about that.

Deleted
    Cataclysm Cinematic, release date and (I hope) the last class for Diablo 3.

Some info on the new MMO would be nice, but I doubt it.

They have done a blizzcon that didn't feature any "big" announcement before (Blizzcon 2008) so my guess is that this Blizzcon will once again just serve as a celebration of the 3 franchises. I don't think they necessarily need to have a 'killer announcement', Blizzcon itself is fun because you get to hang out with a bunch of fans for the weekend.

Check out my photos from the past 3 Blizzcons @ my Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onigun/...7624019439214/

15+ Year Old Account
    tickets are over $100 arn't they? must mean in 1 or 2 years blizzcon will be renamed Activisicon, in recognition of the developer who can't make their own decent games and will bring out Guitar Hero 19 and DJ Hero 7.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

I really hope we finally get some movie details!

Movie hopefully
    Top 10 Reasons to be Interested in Guild Wars 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs

That or a maybe finally a glimpse of the new MMO....

I think the Cataclysm release date will be well known by the time Blizzcon comes out. I think there will be a lot of focus on Diablo III, some stuff on the first content patch for Cataclysm, and I do think that they will announce the new MMO at Blizzcon as well.

Diablo 3 Info / Beta release.

Starcraft 2 Tournaments / Heart of the Swarm info.

WoW Cataclysm release date / more info / plans for it's raid + PVP content.

Big *maybe* to the new MMO. And while we are thinking of crazy things, Warcraft 4! haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm highly expecting info on the new MMO they have in progress. That would just make me so happy to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by relyt2738 View Post
    I'm highly expecting info on the new MMO they have in progress. That would just make me so happy to see that.
    Haha love your profile pic, AVGN rules!

New game, maybe they are planning new expansion after cata already, Diablo IV, ans Starcraft 2.5, return of the Zergs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!