Poll: How is Cataclysm gonna be you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    If you quite after the under-tuned first tier, you're not really in a position to comment on the raiding. I mean, Blizzard even said they knew it was too easy.
    If we could go back in time and warn people about WOTLK. Guide:

Quit the game after first tier is done

Come back at 3.1, once completely finished, quit and don't come back until 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post

But then they'd miss the Gnome Warlock in ToC =(
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

The poll options are somewhere along the lines of

BEST THING EVER.
    WORST THING EVER.
    meh
    QQ
    QQ
    QQ
    QQ
    QQ
    QQ

From what I see so far, it will be a solid expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

Lol I pretty much did this... except replace "quit" with "farm achievements and level alts".
    I haven't done any ICC though, I saw it all the way through once on a stream, and decided to not bother trying to farm emblems to get geared enough to go in.

This is essentially what I did, except now I don't have the time for the catchup I'd need to do : (

Yeah I realise I haven't got the clearest vision on the topic since I disappeared for a while but I do have a housemate who's played the whole expansion so it's better then nothing. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    Lol I pretty much did this... except replace "quit" with "farm achievements and level alts".
    I haven't done any ICC though, I saw it all the way through once on a stream, and decided to not bother trying to farm emblems to get geared enough to go in.
    I missed pretty much all of 3.2, not intentionally, I was just busy with other stuff and froze my acount for about 3 months. From what i've heard I did the right thing

gonna make me new thread with 1-10 kind of poll. discuss if you like on this, the new im gonna name Cataclysm: the best or the worst NEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    gonna make me new thread with 1-10 kind of poll. discuss if you like on this, the new im gonna name Cataclysm: the best or the worst NEW.
    Yes. Spam the forum with another useless thread that's a copy of this one.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Wrath was good but too easy and too repetitive. Raids layout were shit, reused content and one boss raids were not good. Raids were too long, too many equipments, to many shared models, too many reused equipments.

I mean, Naxx was reused, Ulduar was very good, only thing that was very well done in this expansion. ICC have 3 lore bosses everything else is just dumnb shit, also nerfed from the beginning but still competitive in hardmodes. Then we had Malygos sartharon, halion, onyxia, all one boss raids with reskinned bosses and some new tactic. Its just not enough IMHO.

I prefer short raids with 5-6 bosses. And Cata got them
    I prefer having lesser loot with unique design, and 10/25 being more similar. I got 10/25 sharing loot and difficulty/lockout and hence lesser loot.

Cata is really looking awesome. I am looking forward to it and to the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when people complain about Naxx being reused content. If you cleared Naxx 40 back in the day, then that's fine, but so many people missed that, and it had a place in WOTLK from a lore standpoint. If you didn't clear Naxx 40, then it was new to you, and why do you care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    I hate when people complain about Naxx being reused content. If you cleared Naxx 40 back in the day, then that's fine, but so many people missed that, and it had a place in WOTLK from a lore standpoint. If you didn't clear Naxx 40, then it was new to you, and why do you care?
    Dunno, I never got the chance to do 40 man Naxx, probably why I really enjoyed Naxx in WOTLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, I never got the chance to do 40 man Naxx, probably why I really enjoyed Naxx in WOTLK
    same

unlike wotlk, cata is going to be changing the way the game is going to be played in so many ways.. which will make it a fresh and fun experience...possibly the best expansion yet

Deleted
    I think Cataclysm is going to be the best expansion pack so far. The amount of ground-breaking changes speaks for itself.

The only thing that bugs me is the massive and way too excessive scaling of stats and gear over the course of a mere 5 levels. Gear-Reset is good and all, but going from 26 Haste/1% to 192 Haste/1% in 5 levels is just retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said that even though it is only 5 levels, it's a big enough leap for 10 levels. They don't want 100 to be the next expansion, or Cataclysm would have been 90.

Look at 1-60 compared to 60-70

It's the best right up until it's been released for a few months, and then it'll be the worst. Once a new expansion has been out for a few months, it'll be the best again.

what the fuck happen with the talent trees

Removing talent tree fluff and bloat in favor of more meaningful choice? win

Redesigning trees and rotations and ability usage across the board? win

Reducing reliance on global spamming in healing/dps? win

removing AoE-only focus and returning to CC and decision making over faceroll? win

redesign of outdated quest content and level progression? win

two new races and many new class/race combos? win

bringing back choice and skill and coordination in tanking/healing strategy? win

the only thing I feel bad about is that all the scrubs who only got into raiding/heroics in Wrath are going to be so terrible of players in Cata when things go back to more like they were in BC.

random dungeon pugs are going to be a nightmare for a while...

Tank - "Ok, Mage sheep the Moon and Rogue Sap the Star, DPS focus fire on Skull then X."
    DPS - "Wut? Lol noob I gotz AoE's scrub lawlalwla rofl."

*wipe*

Dps - "wtf lurn to tank nub!" "l2heal scrub healerz!"
    Tank/Healer - "..." *leave group*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Removing talent tree fluff and bloat in favor of more meaningful choice? win

Redesigning trees and rotations and ability usage across the board? win

Reducing reliance on global spamming in healing/dps? win

removing AoE-only focus and returning to CC and decision making over faceroll? win

redesign of outdated quest content and level progression? win

two new races and many new class/race combos? win

bringing back choice and skill and coordination in tanking/healing strategy? win

the only thing I feel bad about is that all the scrubs who only got into raiding/heroics in Wrath are going to be so terrible of players in Cata when things go back to more like they were in BC.

random dungeon pugs are going to be a nightmare for a while...
    Good times, good times. Well said.
    *Gives heerobya some ice cream cake*