magenhancement vs. anything with a rogue

so im an enh shaman (circuitz on stonemaul if you wanna look up my toon) and me any my friend; a mage do 2s together now we can stomp any cloth team and we generally do good against healer/DPS teams but if there is a rogue im dead...so far my strat has become:
    drop EB,magma,grounding,cleansing and wait for the rogue to open, once he opens i start spamming war stomp, once i get war stomp off i do wolfs and lust. the only problem is by that time im usually at about 20% health and i haven't been able to do anything, then once im out of the stun lock the rogue will evasion and so i cant get any swings in further preventing me from doing anything.

im really just looking for any advice for enh vs. rogue.
    P.S. we played 10 games last night, and 8 of them were rogue teams.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a double dps team, you will probably never want to start a game by sitting around and waiting. You want to be engaged asap. If there is a rogue, it is especially important that you get in combat right away. Your primary goal is not to get the rogue out of hiding, as a good rogue will never usually get spotted out before openers. Your primary goal is to get you and your partner in combat to avoid the sap. Unfortunately for you, you do not have a flare, so you are likely to get sapped even if you do attempt to engage right away.

As for actually taking down a rogue team as double dps (mage(I'll assume frost?), enhance), your target will most likely be anything but the rogue. As an enhancement shaman, you will probably never hit the rogue with evasions up, and playing up close and personal with him while waiting for those evasions to wear off without a healer will most likely result in your death.

So you will most likely pick the other guy (in 2v2 with a rogue this is likely to be a cloth wearer). You are going to have to rely on your mage for cc and peels. He will need to keep that rogue off you as much as possible and you will need to assist in that when he cannot with frost shock peels/roots, hex, eb, etc. My advice would be to make a focus frost shock macro to keep him peeled off of you while maintaining dps on his partner.

Also to avoid getting dps'd down when he opens on you, you may just want to trinket the first kidney out of the opener. Without a paladin this may force a blind on you, but you don't have a great deal of choice without a healer since sitting in that kidney will probably result in death unless your mage can chain cc on him.
    Last edited by Mykungfu; 2010-07-13 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
    so im an enh shaman (circuitz on stonemaul if you wanna look up my toon) and me any my friend; a mage do 2s together now we can stomp any cloth team and we generally do good against healer/DPS teams but if there is a rogue im dead...so far my strat has become:
    drop EB,magma,grounding,cleansing and wait for the rogue to open, once he opens i start spamming war stomp, once i get war stomp off i do wolfs and lust. the only problem is by that time im usually at about 20% health and i haven't been able to do anything, then once im out of the stun lock the rogue will evasion and so i cant get any swings in further preventing me from doing anything.

im really just looking for any advice for enh vs. rogue.
    P.S. we played 10 games last night, and 8 of them were rogue teams.
    So this comp does work still?

lol yeh trinketing anything but blind kills me (and rogues get 2 chances to F u up and ive never gotten to see the second round) ill talk to my partner about those strats cuz we always try to pressure the rogue...but i just think that its imposable.

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Axwu View Post
    So this comp does work still?
    well the highest rating we have gotten is 1390 something so...no it doesnt work at least from my stand point

Deleted
    [You] ----------Flametongue Totem------------[Mage Partner]

When the rogue goes for a sap on your mage, Fire Nova him out of stealth and stay behind the pillar. Anyway this is all about holding the inevitable at bay for as long as you can.
    I play Elemental + Frost mage 2s, or I did, at 2500 mmr.
    You _will_ die to a rogue, theres nothing you can do to avoid that, what you can do, is hold the rogue off long enough, shock the opposing dps and do some damage to it and pop BL/Hero to help your partner kill it. Force the rogue to blow all his CDs, and if your mage wins his 1v1, the rogue is easily destroyed by your mage.
    It's the only way.

I run rogue rogue 2's you are our first target we went against this exact comp 3-4 times yesterday you were dead as soon as you moved away, it's really a game of cat and mouse just depends who decides to play cat. What we did was wait about 5 minutes for you's to spread out just far enough where we could drive a weadge between you for enough time to burn cool downs one after the other. Enhance shammys are just too squishy.

I play this, enh+mage. I'm no pvp master but here are the things I usually do.
    Charge the the partner of rogue, if u can see him ofc, try to get in combat. What I usually do is to try and go on sides cause rogue is usually waiting to sap on middle. BL+wolves As soon is possible. That way you'll last a bit longer, they will heal you while ure stuned. SR on stun and trinket second stun or blind, whatever he uses after second stun. Try to get the most dmg possible and let your mage pick up the pieces...