Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

This game could have been so much better

"why would you play a game you're bored of?" yeah im asking myself the same question. im very bored of the game, theres nothing exiting about doing ICC for the 50th time, PvP is okay but you need arena partners, world PvP is dead etc. in TBC you always ran different raid instances depending on your progression on your char. but now you're always farming the latest tier. i thought blizz was trying to prevent the grindy stuff, but they're just making it worse...

And the dungeon finder is just crap because of one thing. that teleport. the world is deserted. once you reach lvl 15 you never have to leave town, you can just lvl with dungeon finder or do BGs. And its exactly the same at lvl 80. get teleported around to boring faceroll instances that you have done a 100 times before. all day, just AFK in dala.

In cata i can only see it getting worse, cuz everyone will afk on their fling mounts far up in the air where no one will find them or harm them(flying mounts usable everywhere). how does it make sense that everyone is flying around in the air only to land once in a while to pick a flower and 1.5 sec later they're in the air again. they should limit how much you can use your flying mount.

It feels like blizz is ruining their own game. they work hard with new zones and stuff, but we almost never use them. the cataclysm screenshots looks great with the new places and stuff, but i know we will most likely only go there while lvling. when you ding 85 its time to afk in boring cities and get teleported around. maybe they add some daily quests here and there, but i hate doing the same stuff over and over again.

so why do i still play it? i guess i dont have anything else to do. im thinking of selling my account. (inb4 mindless slaves of blizz that will continue to play their game no matter what saying "dont let the door hit you.." "we wont miss you" etc /care

Deleted
    Just give yourself a break until Cataclysm. Many people have and many more will.

Nothing is going to change in the next few months so boredom is inevitable.

After a nice break, going back to WoW will just feel that much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathofdoom View Post
    In cata i can only see it getting worse, cuz everyone will afk on their fling mounts far up in the air where no one will find them or harm them(flying mounts usable everywhere). how does it make sense that everyone is flying around in the air only to land once in a while to pick a flower and 1.5 sec later they're in the air again. they should limit how much you can use your flying mount.
    How is this different from now? or back in BC? I guess lower levels didnt have them in BC when you needed to be 70 to fly but this isn't going to be something new.

I agree with some of what you said. Northrend is mostly a useless continent. When was the last time you went to Zul'Drak or Grizzly Hills? Most of the terrain is mountains with nothing on them. Once you have done a few quests in an area you move on from it never to return. That's the biggest flaw I can see.

I guess it also depends on the realm you play on. I always see people questing and doing things in the world on one of my realms, but hardly any on another. Sure you can get to level 15 and just queue dungeons and BG's but you'll get bored pretty fast. A good leveling strategy combines all 3 sources of experience. However some people will just do whats easiest.

Actually the new quests and being able to fly (or swim) around feel very seamless. You dont have to spend 10-15 minutes between quests running back to the questgiver then back to the quest area to get back to what you were doing.
    The zones look great in fact I think they look better from a little ways up on a flying mount then on a ground mount.

Being worn out from an MMO happens. Ive been playing since EQ first launched and ive had to take breaks from time to time. However don't knock the new content until you have tried it. Even as unpolished as it is the beta is already looking great and alot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    How is this different from now? or back in BC? I guess lower levels didnt have them in BC when you needed to be 70 to fly but this isn't going to be something new.
    in cata there wont be any places where you are NOT safe. but it was bad in TBC and wotlk also. thats why they should limit how much you can use flying mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Just give yourself a break until Cataclysm. Many people have and many more will.

This^

Just step away for a little while, pick up some other games.

do you have every achieve in the game?

if not then there is still plenty for you to do. dont boil this game down to the Dal racetrack, raids and BGing. unless of course you have done everything else possible...but wait you can make an alt!

achievements..............

/yawn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    cry moar imo.
    Posts like this are stupid. Stop being stupid

Either suggest a thing to help the OP or go back to 4chan :|

i got my kingslayer (25) title and the best weapons for my shaman in the game (other than HLK axes)then canceled my account. im just doing arenas with my friend right now to see if we are good enough to play with the big dawgs, if not ill go live my life and wait till cata, if so we will prolly just do arenas/BGs/alts until cata comes out.

"wrath of doom"

Your name sounds big and tough, but all i hear from you is whiny little emo pussy!

Man up!

You are complaining about Grind and repetition, in an MMORPG ? ? ?

Wake up and smell the roses...

It's the summer break before a new Xpac, do what everyone else with a brain has done and unsub until Casualclym launches

Quote Originally Posted by comneysu View Post
    "wrath of doom"

Your name sounds big and tough, but all i hear from you is whiny little emo pussy!

Man up!
    you dont actually think its a serious name right

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do what I do. Switch off roles in ICC to make the game a little more enjoyable.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont actually think its a serious name right
    By his standards if I send you a tell in game you just keel over

wait....

OH FUCK YES! BRB ABUSING THIS NEW POWER!

15+ Year Old Account
    in cata there wont be any places where you are NOT safe. but it was bad in TBC and wotlk also. thats why they should limit how much you can use flying mounts
    How so? Time Used? Distance Traveled? Doesn't seem very fair to people who want to go farm herbs or minerals. Plus its still going to take 6-7 mins to fly from say EP to STV.

this is true, but whats funny is i did this before i got into icc, so now i got some stuff to do till cata and i get me my worgen ^^

this is true, but whats funny is i did this before i got into icc, so now i got some stuff to do till cata and i get me my worgen ^^

i love it when people talk about world pvp, considering half of the servers are "safe" i dont think its much of a concern to blizz. WG was their solution to world PVP. and yes it has balanceing issues but if you had been listening to the blues they mention balancing WG and the new WG (i forgot the name) in cata.

I don't know why you bothered typing all of that when you could have typed "QQ" and saved us all some time.

If you don't like it anymore, don't play it anymore. It's pretty dang simple.