Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't know why you bothered typing all of that when you could have typed "QQ" and saved us all some time.

If you don't like it anymore, don't play it anymore. It's pretty dang simple.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you on a pvp server and gearing up to be mad that it's hard to gank people when they're flying?

just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    How so? Time Used? Distance Traveled? Doesn't seem very fair to people who want to go farm herbs or minerals. Plus its still going to take 6-7 mins to fly from say EP to STV.
    for example, you can only use your flying mount for x minutes per hour. when your flying mount gets too "exhausted", go back to old school ground mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrra Coventry View Post
    Are you on a pvp server and gearing up to be mad that it's hard to gank people when they're flying?

just curious...
    its wrong that the people who picked a PvP server doesn't get the world PvP they signed up for.
    Last edited by wrathofdoom; 2010-07-13 at 05:25 PM.

What are you trying to achieve with this post? You have clearly been around here for a while having 200+ posts. You MUST know what happens when threads like this get made. And then you go and say at the end to all the people saying qq and such /care. If you don't care why bother posting?

I believe this stage is called "Denial"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primaryjane View Post
    So go get a 360 or PS3 and spend $60 a week on a new game that takes 10 hours to beat. No one is FORCING you to play. Go spend $300 on 5 crappy new games, then come back and tell us all about how much you love and missed WoW.
    This. I got Super Mario Galaxy 2 the day before it's release, being a huge fan of the Mario games, I was thrilled. 20 hours of playtime later I had 110 stars out of the 121 there is. Same with Zelda: The twilight princess, I was told it took around ~60 hours of playtime to complete the game for the avarage Gamer, I nailed it within 32 hours...
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Simple answer? You get out of this game what you put into it. If you're determined to sit on your ass in a capital city and just dungeon finder your way to max-level, you have only yourself to blame for not experiencing the world, and at max level you can do a number of things. You can farm, you can do dailies, you can run dungeons, you can work on achievements, you can pvp in more places than arena and the world in this spiffy new addition to the game called "battlegrounds". Hell, you could EVEN help out a lowbie guild member with their leveling
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post
    This. I got Super Mario Galaxy 2 the day before it's release, being a huge fan of the Mario games, I was thrilled. 20 hours of playtime later I had 110 stars out of the 121 there is. Same with Zelda: The twilight princess, I was told it took around ~60 hours of playtime to complete the game for the avarage Gamer, I nailed it within 32 hours...
    Isn't that the best? You hear people say game A has about 80 hours of play time the first time through! "Brah, I just finished the game in less than 20 hours." Then again, I stopped considering myself an average gamer back when I beat Doom at age 12.

Long story short, take a break man, or focus on what YOU need to do. Maybe try for Gladiator? Work on HM ICC since you said you don't have your axes. Transfer to a new server, try an alt. There are tons of things you can do, that's the glory of an MMO.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by wrathofdoom View Post
    its wrong that the people who picked a PvP server doesn't get the world PvP they signed up for.
    That really isn't on Blizzard, if everyone signed up for PvP server for world PvP then its up to them to make sure there is still world PvP. If they don't, apparently something is wrong with your reasoning.

You know what else could make this game better? Less people like you complaining.

Quit if you want to. No one here, or anywhere else for that matter, cares.

I see your point. i dont agree with all of it but the advent of the LFGT has literally killed World PvP. Also coming from a person who grinded a month of dailies to get epic flying in TBC I can tell you that doing dungeons is a faster and more fun way of making money. That being said it takes moderation. Doing 1 or 2 randoms a day is not too bad. But I have alts, and when I don't feel liek raiding I usually end up doing randoms for about 3-4 hours. That's time you used to spend doing dailies or actually getting to the dungeon.

I remember when I first started the argent tournament ground dailies.(before the LFGT came out) I used to hate the quests that sent me all over northrend...now looking back I miss them cause i traveled and got to see the world.

So what I'm trying to point out is that it's really more the players fault. Complacency has set in because you choos enot to go out and explore the world. I have to force myself to go back to Kalimdor and do odd things or old quests or farm rep with the Timbermaw.

I think you need to find a way to motivate yourself. Pick a strange acheivement and go for it. Loremaster will keep you busy for at least a couple months. And it will take you all over Azeroth.

Don't wait for Blizzard to writ eyour story for you. Grab soem friends or spam trade for like minded people and go raid old content for Recipes/acheivement/shits and giggles.

All else fails take a break. Or rage-quit furiously over some class nerf, then come back anyways.

This, and the only reason I'm on a PVP server was because back in classic, all the REAL raiding guilds were on PVP servers, they attracted better players, not just PVPers.
    Bleh

for example, you can only use your flying mount for x minutes per hour. when your flying mount gets too "exhausted", go back to old school ground mount.its wrong that the people who picked a PvP server doesn't get the world PvP they signed up for.
    Oh dear Lord, someone pass me a bucket. I'm going to be sick.

Because it's easy to make a single game that will please 10 million people for thousands of hours.

No one is forcing you to play it. I suggest you try playing some other MMO for at least 2-3 months, then you might realise how good WoW actually is.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. Considering that Northrend has almost no restrictions to it's ability to fly about, but people still get slaughtered no matter what they are doing, I don't think PVP servers are really going to suffer much.

There WILL be restrictions of where you can fly, there has to be. Without at least some restrictions, an army of players would fly over the top of a city, drop down, and massacre. Then again, from your complaints, I guess that would at least be interesting, wouldn't it?

Thing is, sane people always need breaks from a game they play often. In order to keep your interest and regain that sense of wanting to play, you need to step away from it. Obviously, there are exceptions, but not nearly as many as you think. I have always taken breaks from Wow, for a month, or maybe just a couple weeks, until I feel my desire to play return. I actually just got back into playing daily, after about 2 months or logging in only on raid nights. Now I'm working on my various goals; Loremaster/Seeker, leveling alts, capping off a few reps.

Doing Loremaster and Seeker, particularly, is allowing me to see things that I've always skipped over. Things that wont always be there now. I have a hard time believing that you've already done and seen it all yourself, but, to each his own I guess.

Take a break, and/or find a new game to play. Try Aion or something. Fact is, you're going t run into the same general issues in EVERY MMO, past, present and future.
    Axetoface.

Beat Doom at 12? Hope you don't consider that some sort of accomplishment. I beat it when I was 8, so I must be some sort of God damned prodigy.

And the estimated hours of completion are just that: estimated. It doesn't have as much to do with your level of skill as it does how quickly you blow through the main portion of the game. I could spend 50-100 hours on a game like Red Dead Redemption, but I could also blow through the main portion in 6-8.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I hit the nail on the head, eh? Why didn't you just say that and make THAT the basis of your complaint?

It's not flying in the old world zones that has you bugged...it's that it'll make it harder to gank...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppystomper View Post
    Beat Doom at 12? Hope you don't consider that some sort of accomplishment. I beat it when I was 8, so I must be some sort of God damned prodigy.
    Be nice! I didn't beat it until I was 30...30 something... but then, that was the year it came out, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    Isn't that the best? You hear people say game A has about 80 hours of play time the first time through! "Brah, I just finished the game in less than 20 hours." Then again, I stopped considering myself an average gamer back when I beat Doom at age 12.
    My point was, most games aren't worth $60.

Which is why I haven't had a console since the PS2 was rather new, nor paid for computer games for ages!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Go get Lore Master.

So go get a 360 or PS3 and spend $60 a week on a new game that takes 10 hours to beat. No one is FORCING you to play. Go spend $300 on 5 crappy new games, then come back and tell us all about how much you love and missed WoW.

in cata there wont be any places where you are NOT safe. but it was bad in TBC and wotlk also. thats why they should limit how much you can use flying mounts
    Shadowmeld FTW?