Serpent Sting & CD usage

So I've been playing my hunter more and found myself wondering a couple things, more of in a "what am I doing wrong" type way.

When I start a fight, I'll generally wait for trinket procs, then use CDs, and then SrS followed by Chimera. Does SrS act like SWP for priests in that it uses your current AP, etc when you refresh it (vs just rolling the AP it started with)? Does it also act similar in that you can keep the 2% crit rolling like SWP using a Potion of Wild Magic as long as SrS doesn't drop?

My other question is on Pot and CD usage. When I'm DPSing, I'll generally wait for lust, go through that, then chain my CDs after I.E Lust ends so I got Potion of Speed > RF > Readiness > RF again. I haven't looked at FD to see if it models this, but it seems like i would be a DPS loss to use Pot & RF during Lust.

It does use your current AP, but it's not that huge a difference. You should be waiting for your T10 2p bonus to proc before refreshing, it make the SS part of your chimera shit hit with that extra 15%

For speed pots, use them with cooldowns. If you get procs that give you +AP or damage, it'll allow you to get off more shots which in turn is more DPS. If you're standing still and you know you will be for a while, and especially if you get a T10 2p proc, use the potion with BL and RF to squeeze out as many shots as possible in its duration.

I was just playing with FemaleDwarf and it seems that SrS retains the extra dmg from 2pc T10 as long as you keep it refreshed... Can anyone confirm this?

yes, but you have to refresh it while the proc is up, or else no.
    Can I get some Ice Blocks with my Kill Shot plz?

Ravéndíll - Turalyon

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion there is no point to wait for perfect conditions before you do something.

Just start your rotation directly instead of slacking for procs. Also I'd bet on that Blizzard would fix these kinds of bugs in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what was said. AP bonuses are refreshed with Chimera, so it doesn't matter when you SerpS, as your Chimera will take your procs into effect on the serpent, and that AP won't roll through the fight. It is damage modifiers that make you refresh your sting, such as 2 pc t10, Culling the Herd, tricks of the trade, or the bite from Blood queen.

if you can keep srps up the whole fight and still have 2pt9 pot of wild magic is also worth using right before reapplication as the 200 crit over a long fight is great on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002 View Post
    I was just playing with FemaleDwarf and it seems that SrS retains the extra dmg from 2pc T10 as long as you keep it refreshed... Can anyone confirm this?
    This is what I've heard, if you get the T10 2piece proc, you reapply SpS manually, and as long as you continue to refresh that SpS, it'll be 15% stronger. Either way, it's not a huge boost in dps, but every little bit helps I suppose.

The gist of it has been answered already, but I thought I'd post this.

I've found an addon called Damaging Plus useful. It's a small box that shows a % amount of your ranged attack modifier. Ie. goes up with 2pT10, but it also takes into account most/any ability that will increase your ranged attack. The text turns red when it's get high enough. Useful for knowing when to reapply SrS

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...agingPlus.html

Might be worth a look if you're hazy on SrS refresh mechanics.

Deleted
    Refreshing serpent is only useful on basic encounters where it procs relatively early on, such as BQL, rotface, festergut, LDW and marrowgar. Fights where you switch targets alot or where your sting will drop off regardless of what you do, it is a DPS loss to refresh serpent manually.