Thread: Trauma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is a 10man only guild and we have killed lich king a few times and have done 6 heroic fights. We arnt very good but we are definitely the best casual guild on the server, (casual as in we dont raid much and always do it just for fun.) I am one of the 3 people in my guild who PuG into 25m ICC run which get to 6/12 on my server, and the other day I happened to get trauma. BUT being a 10man only guild where will I get a good OH (im a resto druid) the only OH in 10man is the hit rating one, which even in heroic is shit for healers. All the OHs in 25m are so not attainable in a PuG on my server so what should I do?

My idea is: A buddy of mine owes me a favor, and he has a >2000 arena team. So I will ask if I can join his team just for getting the book then ill leave (same book that you got.)

some what off topic: why are you using <Herkuml War Token> as a priest? Is that just a joke or do you use it for the haste?

If OH is a problem, why on earth would you drop the single most effective healer?
    Because the only reason it looks like the single most effective healer is that it ignores overhealing, and makes everyone else overheal more instead...
    Last edited by Kalmah; 2010-07-14 at 11:36 PM.

yup so drop the dead weight like a holy priest worried about a tiny proc hot, from a terrible weapon for them without haste or spirit, and nothing but spellpower which translates to more overhealing, instead of the insta fix a near dead guy, tank stabalizing incoming raid damage burst mitigating, "shield spammer"

if the rest are overhealing cut the dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Because that bubble-bot isn't as effective as people make it out to be, and a bigger surprise is that /shock other classes deal with raid damage better than a shield spammer (even a Prayer casting Discipline Priest /surprise)
    Diehard disc fan and main spec here, but I'll concede that Kelesti has a point -- to a degree. As many people over-value disc as undervalue it. But if you can afford to drop a healer without hurting your chances of survival, it really doesn't make much difference which one steps out. If you have some screw-ups in your raid, though, you might just want to keep that disc along.

^^ Bubble bots (those who pretty much just tab shield through fights) are pretty weak, despite being able to post large apparent impact via WoL. Constantly applying weakened soul to the raid will often prevent you from shielding people when they would derive the most benefit from its protection. Disc priests using tons of PoH are far weaker than a PoH spec (or even Renew / GH spec) priest at the job, but I don't think many people consider that a viable primary tool for disc. The area they shine most in for raid healing, outside of LK, is preventing deaths which would be avoidable anyway if dps were paying attention - such as not slow-dancing with ghosts on LDW by selective 'just-in-time' shielding. Other than that (which happens frequently enough even to the most dedicated players that its value should not be dismissed lightly), their greatest contributions are a mild dps-enhancing cd and the 3% overall damage mitigation which is moot a prot pally able to sanc the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlebub View Post
    the insta fix a near dead guy, tank stabalizing incoming raid damage burst mitigating, "shield spammer"
    ^^ this is what I was referring to as a problem of the pure shield spammer. That guy who's now 'near dead' may very well likely be ineligible for a shield if they still have weakened soul.

Quote Originally Posted by allakaboom View Post
    some what off topic: why are you using <Herkuml War Token> as a priest? Is that just a joke or do you use it for the haste?
    With the value of haste for holy now exceeding that of SP for geared holy priests in ICC, the haste alone makes that trinket very viable in pursuing the cap. It would be nice if everyone could get DFO for dual-spec viability, but HWT just takes badges which most raiders are using to sell off saronites with, at a sacrifice of 2 or 3 haste (I forget the exact number).
    Last edited by Bigslick; 2010-07-15 at 12:18 AM.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

^^ Bubble bots (those who pretty much just tab shield through fights) are pretty weak, despite being able to post large apparent impact via WoL. Constantly applying weakened soul to the raid will often prevent you from shielding people when they would derive the most benefit from its protection.
    Yay!
    Disc priests using tons of PoH are far weaker than a PoH spec (or even Renew / GH spec) priest at the job, but I don't think many people consider that a viable primary tool for disc. The area they shine most in for raid healing, outside of LK, is preventing deaths which would be avoidable anyway if dps were paying attention - such as not slow-dancing with ghosts on LDW by selective 'just-in-time' shielding. Other than that (which happens frequently enough even to the most dedicated players that its value should not be dismissed lightly), their greatest contributions are a mild dps-enhancing cd and the 3% overall damage mitigation which is moot a prot pally able to sanc the raid.
    I wouldn't go that far, Bigslick. I mean, a holy priest doesn't bring the DPS cooldown, or 3% overall damage mitigation. They just have a 1-3 minute cooldown.

But that aside, a damn good Discipline Priest that's fast on Prayers may be weaker in output compared to a Holy Priest, but overall can guarantee much more stability than a Holy Priest in a similar role (and puts bubble-bots to shame).

A good one can damn well put me out of a job, between Prayers and Shields when needed, a Mending, and lolPenanceHax. :P When comparing meters, sure a Disciplined Prayers will perform less than Renew Spammers, they might place lower than a Holy Priest leaning heavily on their own Prayers, and they will guaranteed be lower on the meters than a bubble bot. But there is no stronger healer than the reactionary power that is Discipline-on-crack, flowing between both heals and absorbs as needed (and intended).

Plus, they can get off a Prayer on heroic Halion Phase 2 (1.68 second cast time) when I can't.

Edit: Like I've been saying for the past what is it now, year-ish...? Bubble-Bots are tools, but Discipline can be one of the most powerful specs in the game, when people decide to go above and beyond.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-07-15 at 08:06 AM.