Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velandia View Post
    Sure it did. There's a big giant Alliance Road running through the center of the zone now - littered with Grimtotem and Ogre bodies.
    Yea but I mean there are NO new quests, atleast there weren't any, which leads me to believe the zone will be fine tuned.

Well think about how long zones have been out before Blizz gives the final preview, so until we get that blue post with the offical view on the zone things can always be changed/ revamped.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do have some hope, after all Blizzard has gives us some epic questlines for both Alliance and Horde... But the Alliance time to shine; MIGHT be in Swamp of Sorrows, since that woman reminded me to Joan D'Arc, the lady that helped save France from England. I bet an epic death and a revenge from an Alliance officer, along with winning there would be a good morale boost, couple it with Arathi, and the Alliance/Horde victories are balanced.

This might be the case, Swamp of Sorrows/ Blasted Lands seem to be an Alliance quest flow area...as far as I know there is no flow in that area for Horde players to go, but there could be a way that i have not seen. Seems that we won't know until the zones get implemented with quests and tested.

Deleted
    Well it could be that the reason the hord have manage to do all the stuff they done is becouse the Alliance have bin busy fixing Stromgarde.
    Well at least its a possible reason i would say.

Deleted
    beta is beta who knows what will hapen in the end

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Alliance neutral heroes/factions :

Rhonin
    Khadgar
    Maiev
    Jarod
    Malfurion
    Cenarius (even if he was never part of the Alliance, he shouldn't be neutral toward the Horde)
    Brann
    Tirion

Factions :
    Kirin Tor
    silver hand

Ok so let's talk about the Horde side :

Heroes

Thrall
    Etrigg

Factions ??

Yeah indeed. It seems there is a HUGE good reason to make alliance heroes/faction neutral.
    Rhonin--Accepting aid from everyone because the Blue Dragonflight picked a fight with all mortal magic users...a battle that cocerns both Alliance and Horde.

Maiev--Never part of the Alliance...she was imprisoned on a ruined world when her people joined.

Jarod--His membership in the alliance is debatable. According to wowwiki, he just left one day after leaving leadership of the Night Elves to Tyranda...since she seemed to be the only (awake) leader at the start of Warcraft 3, it would appear he left before his people joined the Alliance.

Malfurion--He was in the Emerald Dream when the Night Elves joined the Alliance...not a member. He is a leading member of the Cenarion Circle, an orginization of druids that's sole purpose is to protect nature.

Cenarius--Also in the Dream (and...dead) when the Night Elves (and friends?) joined the Alliance...leader/inspiration for the Cenarion Circle

Brann--Accepting aid from anyone because Garrosh and Wrynn refused to send their armies.

Tirion--Exciled from the Alliance for not hating orcs enough. He became neutral before he became a hero.

The only Alliance hero that seems to have actually gone neutral is Khadgar. As for orginizations:

The Argent Crusade was made of multiple paladin orders, not just the Silver Hand...sort of forcing neutrality.
    The Kirin Tor always had elven members...the elves changed factions, not the Kirin Tor, and we never actually see the outcome of the debate on letting the blood evles keep their membership.

As for the Horde...

Thrall is leaving to lead the Earthen Ring...that trumps a few alliance people asking for help.

Also, Hamuul Runetotem--who is actually a member of the Horde--is aiding in the Defense of Hyjal.
    The Earthen Ring is also in a position similar to the Cenarion Circle, Argent Crusade, and Kirin Tor, as it is also an orginization based around a class that used to exclusively belong to one culture or faction. If the Kirin Tor, Cenarion Circle, and Argent Crusade are Alliance orders gone neutral, then Earthen Ring is a Horde order gone neutral.

While I'm at it, might as well talk about Cataclysm in general:

Cairne Bloodhoof is killed off. This is balanced by Magni's sacrifice; however, turning into stone is more easily reversed than being poisoned then axed.

After Magni's "death", a council from the three dwarven factions comes together to lead Ironforge. The Dark Irons that aren't in the Twilight Hammer cult are joining the Alliance.
    After Cairne's death, the Grimtotem are driven out of the Thunder Bluff...and they join the Alliance.

Camp T. is burned down. Like Southshore, this is an early iconic town that is going to be gone when Cata. goes live.

I've seen many people in here complaining about Andorhal and Gilneas, like they've lost a city...you didn't; you just didn't gain them. Besides, we haven't seen all of Andorhal (That was a little anti-climatic for the end...it's not over yet). Also, Frostwolf village, and its surrounding area, has been the home of a battleground for years.

And finally, Blizzard is obviously loving their phasing technology in Cata...do you really think they won't keep updating a few plotlines during the patches? I'll be shocked if we just get new raids opened as the only major content in Cata patches. I will also be shocked if Danath Trollbane's return isn't a big plot that comes around during the expansion. Wouldn't Trollbane returning, rebuilding his kingdom, and stopping the Forsaken's war effort have a better effect if it happens a couple months after Cata launches?

They are not favoring one side over the other...the Horde may be gaining more territory, but the Alliance seems to be gathering more forces: Horde gains Blidgewater Goblins and Dragonmaw Clan, while the Alliance gains Gilneas Worgen, Dark Iron Dwarves, Grimtotem Tauren, and--at least partially--the Sons of Lothar are coming home.
    Last edited by starwarsgeek; 2010-08-12 at 09:15 PM.

Couldn't Lady Liadrin and perhaps Garona also be considered having gone horde->neutral

Also the goblins were horde in Warcraft II (not sure what specific goblin fraction that was), and went neutral in Warcraft III/WoW (besides Bilgewater cartel in cata).
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2010-08-12 at 10:16 PM.

I think its quite hard to make old horde heroes neutral as most of them are dead or villains. Sure they can add more horde characters that turn neutral but it just doesn't have same effect as making well known character from earlier WC games turning neutral. And even as I play more horde than alliance I wouldn't really like to see Malfurion getting killed for some purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Couldn't Lady Liadrin and perhaps Garona also be considered having gone horde->neutral
    Well, Liadrin would fit neutrality using the "working together against a common foe" definition that previous posts used. But now that you mention Garona, I don't think she's had any interaction with the Horde since The Last Guardian. While the alliance members retained their posistions, Garona was not shown working with the Horde in Wrath. Unless she's added as a Horde NPC in Cata, I think she would qualify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance get punched in the face, spat on, gets thrown dirt in the face, betrayed, steamrolled on every side and still we are supposed to be just as good as the Horde in battle.... i cant see that, it is beta and all, but so far the alliance have been completely slaughtered on every side there have been an horde ally fight, for me this proves that we have some damn stupid generals, commanders, captains and military structure at all. Varian are supposed to be a war hungry orc slaughtering hulk, but still he cant get a damn thing done. Jaina goes around talking to Thrall on her communication orb all day, bolvar is a torch on a frozen throne, Magni is a rock, Muradin Kudran and Moira have something to sort out, Falstad have to fight forsaken, trolls, orcs, and probably other things ALONE it seems. Tyrande and her nightelfs seems to have lost their touch in stealth combat and suprise attacks and get WTFPWNED in Ashenvale. She probably is to busy looking at Furions new bird look, latest thing from the emerald dream. Shandris is actually doing something down in Ferelas and i have no idea why Tyrande have not called on her to take the fight in Ashenvale, maybe she is to busy down in Ferelas as she may have lost her port, but have builded a great looking base on the shores and have many many glaive throwers. Now meanwhile Genn have to move out of his belove country because of the war, Crowley stays trying to fight the forsakens, but have to retreat for saving his daughter life. Sylvans gets a bullet between her eyes, but gets better. Vereesa is still in Dalaran with her high elves, Hinterlands high elves i have no idea what they are doing, probably drinking beer with some dwarfs refugees from Ariea peak. Thassarian goes of to bitch slap Sylvanas for taking Koltira back to Undercity and Andorhal is lost to undeads once again. More commanders fails and soon the alliance falls apart while Varian jumps up and down like a monkey screaming the name of his chin, Velen writes him a letter where it stands "We are draeneis why wont you have us in the war?" Varian eats the letter in his rage and slaps Valeera somewhere and calls on Broll so he can bropunch him. Now with rage chin chyn the people gets real tierd of all this and starts to look at the new king as a piece of shit. Over to Westfall Gryan is back in all his glory, but NOOOO ol' blanchy is dead and horatio is on the chase, but soon the whole place is on fire... Some random dwarf punch deathwing in the face, but he was drunk. Alex, Ysera and Sylvanas goes shopping together while talking about their WILD day, some more alliance dies and so on. now the only victory to the allies so far that is a victory is over the dancing trolls WOOHOOooo..... yeah

Please would be so cool to have back Stromgarde

Hey! Don't forget about camp Taurajo! :P

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Yea but I mean there are NO new quests, atleast there weren't any, which leads me to believe the zone will be fine tuned.
    They added a giant spider "Wanted" quest. And made the Infiltrator quest a bit easier by taking away their stealth ability. So some slight changes.

We also don't know about the Onxyia related quests in the zone because there are two chains that are broken towards the very end. And there could very well be some breadcrumb type quests associated with 1K Needles since there's a path connecting the zones now.

Other than that, though, Dustwallow is very much a complete zone. The quest flow and quantity were very good to begin with - quite the contrary with Arathi.

Quote Originally Posted by trulte View Post
    Alliance get punched in the face, spat on, gets thrown dirt in the face, betrayed, steamrolled on every side and still we are supposed to be just as good as the Horde in battle.... i cant see that, it is beta and all, but so far the alliance have been completely slaughtered on every side there have been an horde ally fight, for me this proves that we have some damn stupid generals, commanders, captains and military structure at all. Varian are supposed to be a war hungry orc slaughtering hulk, but still he cant get a damn thing done. Jaina goes around talking to Thrall on her communication orb all day, bolvar is a torch on a frozen throne, Magni is a rock, Muradin Kudran and Moira have something to sort out, Falstad have to fight forsaken, trolls, orcs, and probably other things ALONE it seems. Tyrande and her nightelfs seems to have lost their touch in stealth combat and suprise attacks and get WTFPWNED in Ashenvale. She probably is to busy looking at Furions new bird look, latest thing from the emerald dream. Shandris is actually doing something down in Ferelas and i have no idea why Tyrande have not called on her to take the fight in Ashenvale, maybe she is to busy down in Ferelas as she may have lost her port, but have builded a great looking base on the shores and have many many glaive throwers. Now meanwhile Genn have to move out of his belove country because of the war, Crowley stays trying to fight the forsakens, but have to retreat for saving his daughter life. Sylvans gets a bullet between her eyes, but gets better. Vereesa is still in Dalaran with her high elves, Hinterlands high elves i have no idea what they are doing, probably drinking beer with some dwarfs refugees from Ariea peak. Thassarian goes of to bitch slap Sylvanas for taking Koltira back to Undercity and Andorhal is lost to undeads once again. More commanders fails and soon the alliance falls apart while Varian jumps up and down like a monkey screaming the name of his chin, Velen writes him a letter where it stands "We are draeneis why wont you have us in the war?" Varian eats the letter in his rage and slaps Valeera somewhere and calls on Broll so he can bropunch him. Now with rage chin chyn the people gets real tierd of all this and starts to look at the new king as a piece of shit. Over to Westfall Gryan is back in all his glory, but NOOOO ol' blanchy is dead and horatio is on the chase, but soon the whole place is on fire... Some random dwarf punch deathwing in the face, but he was drunk. Alex, Ysera and Sylvanas goes shopping together while talking about their WILD day, some more alliance dies and so on. now the only victory to the allies so far that is a victory is over the dancing trolls WOOHOOooo..... yeah

Please would be so cool to have back Stromgarde
    0_o
    you...okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    dam then you should see the sorry ass Worgen District in Darnassus then its practically one tree makes me wish they didnt scrap the idea for Stormwind becuase i cant stand the Night Elves and sick of them being the ones bringing in allies when there more zenophobic than the humans.I hope they atleast put some phasing in Arathi Highlands because right now for a new player it is Atrocious it just feels Half assed.Im basically leveling in the same old ass place with a few tweeks.Just leaves a bitter-sweet taste that it had potiental but wasnt done due to time constraints.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2010-08-13 at 03:55 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starwarsgeek View Post
    0_o
    you...okay?
    Meh was bored had nothing else to do

im okey now

Quote Originally Posted by trulte View Post
    Meh was bored had nothing else to do

im okey now
    hahahahaha that post you made entertained me :P
    0_o

They need to restore the majority of Stromgarde. At least, they can restore 3/4s of the city for the Alliance and leave the remaining half in ruins. Honestly, they've controlled a 1/3 of the city since Alliance, but they've failed to rebuild or reclaim the other 2/3s. Honestly, what the hell is up with Blizzard on this issue?

Bring back Danath and let the alliance take 100% control over Stromgarde.
    I don´t want 3 tents in Blasted Lands or some victories in a god damn useless swamp.
    I know the devs are all hordefanbois but don´t they have any sense of fairness?

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Alliance neutral heroes/factions :

Rhonin
    Khadgar
    Maiev
    Jarod
    Malfurion
    Cenarius (even if he was never part of the Alliance, he shouldn't be neutral toward the Horde)
    Brann
    Tirion

Factions :
    Kirin Tor
    silver hand

Ok so let's talk about the Horde side :

Heroes

Thrall
    Etrigg

Factions ??

Yeah indeed. It seems there is a HUGE good reason to make alliance heroes/faction neutral.
    you know, i really don't get why people always bring this up, have you ever thought that a lot of those heroes that you mentioned never were part of the present alliance?, neither the capitals like Dalaran and Shatrah, because you could see it as the horde view of point using your logic:

horde raid bosses or enemies heroes/zones/factions
    Zul'Aman
    Zul'Jin
    Kael'thas
    Sunwell
    Kargath Bladefist
    hellfire citadel
    a lot of clans of orcs
    and I'm sure there are a lot of others that would fit in that list, by using your logic

alliance:
    --------
    -------
    -------
    -------
    --------

so I don't know you but I would prefer the leaders of my faction to be alive and talking to the other faction, than being dead.

pd. I'm neither horde nor alliance, I just don't the point of that argument, that is very often used in this forum.

(sorry about my bad English)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)