Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post
    If I was going to comment on the video, the really big thing is that while it appears to be a nice kill, this isn't really a good POV.
    It's a prot PoV. If you don't like tank PoV videos, don't watch them.

Hurpdur.

you can just align yourself to be a 90 degree angle with the dps pack
    Ehm... I reread this and I think you don't know how it works....
    He WAS looking for orbs... If you noticed (at least I did straight off the bat) once the cutters ends you can let 2 orbs pass and then you align the middle of the boss right between the orb you just let pass and the next orb.
    Positioning yourself depending on the position of your DPS/Healers in this fight is batshit retarded IMO :/ (Unless you have a suicidal resto shaman who stands in front of the boss like my guild has >_<).
    Last edited by MestHoop; 2010-07-14 at 01:56 PM.

To the haters:
    You should try to read some of the black text that appears below the green text that you can click on the original post. It is likely that it will completely invalidate what you were considering posting. Also, the OP said this was a Prot Pally PoV. If you expected something else, you probably should learn how to read.

As a tank, you can never assume the DPS is where they are supposed to be. They are where they are because the tank "put" them there. As such, a tank can never guide off of the DPS on this fight. Being able to see an orb on the left and right sides of the boss is very easy and is fail-proof.

The UI comments... Come on, people. READ!!
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-07-14 at 04:17 PM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

you don't have to look for orbs because you can just align yourself to be a 90 degree angle with the dps pack, you don't really do anything, it's a pretty lame perspective.
    The best part is, we actually do the reverse. All orb alignments and calls are made by me in the twilight realm. The rest of the raid group aligns themselves at a 90 degree angle to me. It's much easier to align to the orbs from the tank perspective.

And that's exactly the way we did it. The guy calling out in vent in my video was the twilight tank. Aligning any other way will likely result in failure.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

For those saying that he stays 90º of the raid to avoid the orbs you don't know the boss even a bit, it's the twilight tank who all the time moves Halion to never be in range of the cutter and the raid stays 90º of him / in the side of the dragon.

Think (Or read something) before posting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    Right so I thought this would be the best place to ask you.

You know when you like use Divine Protection and it says "Bubbel wall UP" or something, then when it actually drops it also leaves a message. I'm quite a newbie when it comes to setting up a macro like that. Mind sharing it?

Anyhow, Gratz on the kill - Was a enjoyable movie.
    If you're looking for a macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /ra >> Bubble Wall up!! <<
    /cast Divine Protection
    /in 12 /ra >> Bubble Wall down <<
    Something like that should work.

Or just get Ardent Defender =D
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...-defender.aspx