Smile explosive shot. op?

I'm not here to complaint or anything, nor to show off.

But here yestarday i went icc 25 on my hunter, and during LDW and saurfang figth, I saw my explosive shot reaching almost 11k crit (for 1 charge) i started wondering, isent it quite op, my chim shot, does with same gear (but arp gems instead of agi) 17k at max (without serpent effect)but you gotta remember, explo got 4(or 3 if glyph oh chim) shorter cooldown, + it hits 3 times per shot. dosent it seem like quite a big hit?

Also, what is the higest crit you made with explo?

my highest explo was about 9.5k ub on a trainin dummy in IF it does seem pretty op doesnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it overpowered, I found mine reaching 11-12k as well on fights, and higher with the ICC damage buff, pretty cool though, l33t d33pz

<Not Bad> of Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    MS does more dmg with aimed shot. and more dmg from auto shot + wild quiver etc. Yes, it is very strong for one single ability but the total dps isn't bigger than MS. In pvp it can be a very big burst, especialy when lock and load proc's. But i don't think its too powerfull. Making it hit a little less and buffing black arrow might balance it a bit better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually enjoying it a lot now that my little Hunter alt is finally getting some "okay" gear.

So much fun to just snipe people who are wearing PvE gear in WG .

Well, try to look at it this way, you are doing bql, and get first bite, all cds, and LnL at once, each tick crits (with 10k normal) thats 20k crit, x3 thats 60k dmg, if this happend with all 3 shots 180k dmg on 5 gcds.. thats insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    So much fun to just snipe people who are wearing PvE gear in WG .
    I love doing that, although for me it's generally a chimera and aimed for a takedown.

I go with 2pT9 in Wintergrasp. Drop off mount, silencing+serpent, then Chimera on the way down. Disengage before the ground, Feign Death and Readiness. Fly back up, Chimera+Silencing, and Aimed on the way down.

Takes them by surprise, for sure. Especially as they fly off to find somewhere to heal, and die to the SrS crits, or find me flying behind them and Chim/Kill Shotting them.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I go with 2pT9 in Wintergrasp.
    I can't believe I haven't been doing this. This makes griefing even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    Well, try to look at it this way, you are doing bql, and get first bite, all cds, and LnL at once, each tick crits (with 10k normal) thats 20k crit, x3 thats 60k dmg, if this happend with all 3 shots 180k dmg on 5 gcds.. thats insane
    3 Obliterate crits in a row on BQL is about 120k damage, no procs required. (20+20+20)x2))

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Yes, but, you dont do 3 oblis on 5 sec, however that is possible with explo, also inbetwean those, you can also get a aimed and a killshot wich should easy do 20k crit and 40k crit, and 3-4 auto shots each worth 10k crit ( and with towards 90% crit) it dosent seem impossible to that it all crits

But its just numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    3 Obliterate crits in a row on BQL is about 120k damage, no procs required. (20+20+20)x2))
    This is not the Death Knight forum. This is the Hunter forum where Hunters discuss Hunter things.

I've gotten some incredibly high crits on BQL, but none really stood out anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    I've gotten some incredibly high crits on BQL, but none really stood out anywhere else.
    most notable crits I see from my hunter on BQL are 100k+ kill shot crits, but not much else.

that is nice, though granted in mm my chimera shot hits for 18k-20k's discounting the second part of the shot which tops seen it for 8.7k attack vs attack explosive shot is more powerful but granted surv doesnt get wild quiver which makes for crazy burst sometimes
    im thinking survival will bounce back in cata until at least the second tier of raid content when stats are proportionately high enough for marks to wrastle the dps down

This is not the Death Knight forum. This is the Hunter forum where Hunters discuss Hunter things.
    Well said! :>

I know, but I was using a different class ability to show that the ES damage is not so OP.

Yes, but, you don't do 3 oblis on 5 sec
    Two Death Runes up, you can do three Obliterates one after another, 3 GCDs=4.5 seconds.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    SV has to use 2 GCD's for DoTs which MS doesn't have to (can be one of the reasons the CD is shorter on Explosive) plus MS got a DoT from their normal physical shots while SV doesn't and MS gets more benefit from ArP than SV does