Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

Cataclysm Beta - Build 12479 (Updated x1)

Update - Added the models of Cho'gall (Bastion of Twilight), Atramedes (Blackwing Lair), The Tolvirs (Uldum), Lady Nazjar (Throne of Tides), Humanoid Dragon, Earthen Onager
    Update - Classes pages finally added. Talent calculator finally updated. Worst patch day ever, I need a giant hug.
    Update - Added official talent trees descriptions to the primary skills list.
    Update - Ok things are looking better, added the primary skills for all the classes. Some tooltips might be missing/bugged, we're working on it.

Cataclysm Beta - Build 12479
    A new build of the beta is up. This post will be updated multiple times during the night.

A lot of stuff has changed and we'll need a few mins to fix everything before I can post all the content. Definitely a lot of interesting stuff, stay tuned.

Talent Calculator
    WoWTal.com has been updated with all the new trees. Lot of stuff is still in dev, be careful. If you can't see the new trees push CTRL + F5 to force the refresh (Also, I know the level cap is 50, quick hack to fix the max amount of points)

Classes
    Classes pages are up. I might end up doing diffs of all the changes but seriously ... there are really a LOT of changes because of the talent trees revamp, it's probably easier to just check the pages.

Models
    Models of Cho'gall (Bastion of Twilight), Atramedes (Blackwing Lair), The Tolvirs (Uldum), Lady Nazjar (Throne of Tides), Humanoid Dragon, Earthen Onager

Achievements
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• Tripping the Rifts - Destroyed one of each type of elemental rift during the Cataclysm launch event.

Talent Trees "Primary Skills"
    These skills are automatically learned when you pick your main talent tree at level 10. Thanks to Maldivia for this one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Death Knight (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    DK - Blood
    A dark guardian who manipulates and corrupts life energy to sustain himself/herself in the face of an enemy onslaught.

DK - Frost
    An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering rapid weapon strikes.

DK - Unholy
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his/her bidding.

Druid (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator)
    Druid - Restoration
    Uses heal-over-time Nature spells to keep allies alive, taking on the form of a tree when the need is most urgent.

Druid - Feral
    Takes on the form of a great cat to deal damage with bleeds and bites or a mighty bear to absorb damage and protect allies.

Druid - Balance
    Can take on the form of a powerful Moonkin, balancing the power of Arcane and Nature magic to destroy enemies at a distance.

Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    Hunter - Marksmanship
    A master archer or sharpshooter who excels in bringing down enemies from afar.

Hunter - Survival
    A rugged tracker who favors using animal venom, explosives and traps as deadly weapons.

Hunter - Beast Mastery
    A master of the wild who can tame a wide variety of beasts to assist him/her in combat.

Mage (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    Mage - Arcane
    Manipulates arcane energies, playing with the very fabric of time and space.

Mage - Frost
    Freezes enemies in their tracks and shatters them with Frost magic.

Mage - Fire
    Ignites enemies with balls of fire and the breath of dragons.

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    Paladin - Holy
    Invokes the power of the Light to protect and to heal.

Paladin - Protection
    Uses Holy magic to shield himself / herself and defend allies from attackers.

Paladin - Retribution
    A righteous crusader who judges and punishes opponents with weapons and Holy magic.

Priest (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator)
    Priest - Discipline
    Uses magic to shield allies from taking damage as well as heal their wounds.

Priest - Shadow
    Uses sinister Shadow magic, especially damage-over-time spells, to eradicate enemies.

Priest - Holy
    A versatile healer who can reverse damage on individuals or groups and even heal from beyond the grave.

Rogue (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator)
    Rogue - Combat
    A swashbuckler who uses agility and guile to stand toe-to-toe with enemies.

Rogue - Assassination
    A deadly master of poisons who dispatches victims with vicious dagger strikes.

Rogue - Subtlety
    A dark stalker who leaps from the shadows to ambush his/her unsuspecting prey.

Shaman (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator)
    Shaman - Elemental
    A spellcaster who harnesses the destructive forces of nature and the elements.

Shaman - Restoration
    A healer who calls upon ancestral spirits and the cleansing power of water to mend allies? wounds.

Shaman - Enhancement
    A totemic warrior who strikes foes with weapons imbued with elemental power.

Warlock (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    Warlock - Destruction
    Calls down demonic fire to burn and demolish enemies.

Warlock - Demonology
    A warlock who uses both Fire and Shadow magic along with powerful demons.

Warlock - Affliction
    A master of Shadow magic who specializes in fear, drains and damage-over-time spells.

Warrior (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    Warrior - Arms
    Highly trained for battle with two-handed weapons, uses mobility and overpowering attacks to strike his / her opponents down.

Warrior - Fury
    A furious berserker wielding a weapon in each hand, uses a flurry of attacks to carve his / her opponents to pieces.

Warrior - Protection
    A stalwart protector that uses a shield to protect himself/herself and his/her allies.

Loading Screens

World Maps

Deepholm available for testing
    Originally Posted by Valnoth (Blue Tracker)
    Deepholm is ready for testing. Please keep all feedback in this thread.

• Level 82-83
    • Breadcrumbs from Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

Please list the level you started the zone at and the level you ended the zone at.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-07-14 at 08:31 AM.

Woot
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Deleted
    Where's my cyclops fish chicken?!?!

Edit: I fail at reading the 'This post will be updated multiple times during the night' part <.<

Edit2: This thread for your cyclops fish chicken goodness http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...icken-hoooooo!
    Last edited by mmoc05c338f655; 2010-07-13 at 11:43 PM.

Pretty maelstorm... :P

I'm hoping for a look at the new talent trees ^^
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    woooot maelstrom in the world map =DD looks nice (:

So.. where is my beta invite Blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    So jealous!! My kingdom for a beta key!! =P
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

I want my beta invite!!1!1

Seriously though Gilneas looks alot bigger than I had thought it would be
    Signature goes here.

I love me some Boubouille beta build info, does the heart good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

lol look where ogrimmar is

Ooooh. Looks great. Hope some good stuff is to come.

Hmm maybe talents will be out at some point today/tomorrow

The new talent trees gonna make this build?

No patch downloading at the moment (EU client) so probably won't see an EU patch until tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on new talent trees!
    Big money, big money, no whammies!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss come to me sweet talent trees of orgasms