Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pssstt. The talent trees are already up on WoWTal.com now for those who didn't get the memo.

I realize it is linked in Boub's post, but likely not intentionally because he is obviously still working on it.

Its 41 points to spend at 85 isint it.
    The tress still have the old point limit on them.

Hmmmmmmmmm yeah disappointment so far. Doubt it will improve by 400% which it will have to make me enthusiastic. Long talent trees give a sense of complexity, as if that's where your power is coming from, not from your gear. Now with these talent trees, it feels as if your "charachter" is your gear and your mastery rating. Not so cool.

No you can spend 31 to get to the last tree.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    need more cheeeeeeeeeeeese!

well, right now, plenty of the tiers don't even have 5 available points. I can't imagine this is anything more than a rough draft that blizz had been working on prior to announcement.

Yes, yes, I know this is beta, and I know most/all trees will change (possibly a ton) by the time of the release, but in their current state, it really seems like you can't mess up your build unless you just purposely put points into the wrong offspec tree.

I know how many say it'll boil down more to "pure skill" but I can't help but think it's more fun when it's "pure skill" plus customization..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Pssstt. The talent trees are already up on WoWTal.com now for those who didn't get the memo.

I realize it is linked in Boub's post, but likely not intentionally because he is obviously still working on it.
    Those are not the most up-to-date, as they're still going off of the 1 talent point per level system, and they're 51 point trees...

So, no, they're not up yet.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its odd how taking away points and the clutter, which would (should) lead to streamlining everything to make talents feel like actual "choices", doesn't. If they're going to give you great abilities at lower levels, which is good, i think the upper tier of the trees will need more robust options to add actually excitement. Because atm, reducing talents from 5/5 to 3/3 doesn't mean anything whatsoever when you have less talents to spend to begin with.

(Beta, first pass and all that, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by DatNewNew92 View Post
    There's probably a reason why the talent trees aren't up on the official forums yet. They're not polished enough to present.

Give it time.
    I agree. As it stands, every single PvE Resto or Balance druid will have the exact same spec. There is no real choice at all, as mookins will put the obvious 5 points in resto (the only two talents there that benefit them at all), and otherwise fill out balance except for the crappy Lunar Justice. Likewise, every resto will skip the PvP talents in their tree, and take the obvious three in the balance tree, resulting in 9/0/32.

At least with respect to PvP, there is some level of choice, usally boiling down to "which, if any, PvE talents do I want to give up in order to snag the PvP talents".

For this system to work, EVERY talent in a tree has to be useful for that spec in both PvP and PvE. You can't have four "resto" talents that do not benefit a PvE resto druid, or they will *always* be the ones we don't take.

Some suggestions:

1: Switch Moonglow and Nature's Grace. The latter is optional. The former is not. As long as Moonglow is below NG, we are forced to take NG essentially regardless of what you offer elsewhere.
    2: At least three of Furor, Perserverance, Nature's Perfection and Fury of the Stormrage need to have some PvE benefit, so that it is a choice between them and Genesis/Moonglow/NG in the balance tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    level 10 shadowstep ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Aegos View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm yeah disappointment so far. Doubt it will improve by 400% which it will have to make me enthusiastic. Long talent trees give a sense of complexity, as if that's where your power is coming from, not from your gear. Now with these talent trees, it feels as if your "charachter" is your gear and your mastery rating. Not so cool.
    Except that was part of the problem. The big talent trees offered no REAL complexity because it basically boiled down to "Spend your points exactly like this or you are a huge noob who will do negative DPS", unless you were going for some silly gimmick PvP spec.

I can't get shadowburn any more from destro as a demo lock x.X
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, Shadow tree is even easier to fill in now.

I'd like to point out that the talent calculator hasn't been updated to reflect the lower talent points that will be available. As fun as it was to spec a rogue 31/31/14 that won't be how it is live.

So much for "eliminating the cookie-cutter builds" Blizzard. These trees are now more defined than ever which will be "thee" spec for your role.

This applies to PVE and PVP.

I can't see the recently anounced talent for Desperate Prayer in WoWtal. I really doubt that this talents are the true ones. If these trees are definitive Blizzard has done an horrible job.

the mage arcane tree is terrible. you have to spend 3 points in talents that are absolutely worthless for PVE (unless there's another faction champs fight like toc).

is it me or are the warlock talent trees are poorly described and they only learn 2 skills ???????

10+ Year Old Account
    I still get the old beta talent calculator when I press the links in the news post. Any secret link to the new 31-point trees?