Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Armored to the Teeth/Bladed Armor remains?
    I thought they wanted to get rid of passive stat increasing talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Powershard View Post
    Well, I haven't seen the playerbase increasing in the past 2 years.
    I remember them announce stuff like "we hit 9 million players" and "10 million players" in a short time but now for more than 2 years it has been just still because there are a lot of people leaving, faking the records of active accounts.

I don't think they are making more money with such changes like announcing 31 point talent trees.
    Of course stuff like expansions bring new players for a moment(such as me) but that is not permanent.

They are foolishly trying to hold on to players with empty promises of new content via every patch that pops in an average of every 2 months.
    People keep falling for it since they don't realize that to kill a boss like Lich King they already paid for that 1 year ago when they bought the expansion.
    That's what WOTLK was all about, right?
    Killing Arthas.
    Blizzard is just denying the inevitable.

Same will happen with Cataclysm, they don't want to allow players finish the game "too fast" so they will give the boss after... 1 year of the release.
    Too bad I'm not around to see it and this is for two reasons: I'm not a hard core raider and I don't see a reason to wait 1 year to fight some piece of data for some pixels.
    I play(ed) the game because I enjoyed to play it, not because I was promised something.
    Then they went and killed all I loved of only to satisfy the tremendous amount of QQ made by noobs who hadn't figured out why they were below the par with the purple players so blizzard made welfare epics and other bad changes to the game.

Not as simple as that but something like it.

Seeing you got all the info and insides and such, can you tell me the winning numbers on the dutch lotery for the coming weekend?
    thnx

new talent trees - the most idiotic idea from all history of game...
    no choice, no utility in specs, nothing unique in same builds...
    all will be clons...
    stupid idea, Blizz. the most stupid idea from all your stupid ideas. game becomes more simply and simply. game for children.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shekspeare View Post
    new talent trees - the most idiotic idea from all history of game...
    no choice, no utility in specs, nothing unique in same builds...
    all will be clons...
    stupid idea, Blizz. the most stupid idea from all your stupid ideas. game becomes more simply and simply. game for children.
    Patience, young grasshopper.

And anyway, I bet you'd like it simple, since your writing skills leaves quite a lot to be desired, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by robbaneken View Post
    Armored to the Teeth/Bladed Armor remains?
    I thought they wanted to get rid of passive stat increasing talents.
    I think they remain to force you to equip your armor type, which i agree with.

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sedlina View Post
    rogue lethality - still there as a talent - t1 assasination
    warri impale - still there - t2 arms

as for hunters - mortal shots is gone
    and your shots actually crit for +100 ad dmg - just login on beta servers and try it yourself if you dont believe me
    I am not in beta, and i believe i didnt express myself too well: I meant :
    "Sedlina i believe they said they are removing the threat/crit damage bonus from pure classes and giving them baseline".

Furthermore, "Warri" is not a pure.

Lethality is different. Its not a "your melee crits now do X% more bonus damage". It has more to do with Incite (prot warr) since it only buffs a few abilities, a few of the time. Still, i may be wrong since i don't have a high level Rogue. If i am, there is a very high chance that that talent will not survive much longer.
    Last edited by flame; 2010-07-15 at 10:33 AM.
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

Ammikaameri
    I don't think you ever played vanilla, or then you are just a troll.
    Yeah troll it is.

Seeing you got all the info and insides and such, can you tell me the winning numbers on the dutch lotery for the coming weekend?
    thnx
    I'm just witnessing what has been happening during the past years and I'm confident it will be the same in the future.

About lottery all I can tell you is that don't do it.
    The 0,0014563% (6/39?) probability is not worth your money.
    There are easier ways to make money, from which the easiest in my opinion is to buy cheap, repair & polish and resell half the higher price. This applies to anything you can afford but it requires eye to see if something has demand for and you can actually re-sell it.
    As an example I bought a cruiser for 24000€, fixed it and tuned up and resold for 41000€. Repair cost was 5000€.
    Money I made was 12000€ for 14 days of work in home.

Meh here we go, thanks for pulling me off-topic.
    Last edited by Powershard; 2010-07-15 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Shadowpriests have officially been nerfed into the ground.
    Where are our double damage critical strikes?
    Where are our Critical DoT ticks?
    In Cataclysm, all DoTs and HoTs can crit and are affected by haste. This has already been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Powershard View Post
    I'd like to point out 1 obvious thing:
    The reason you level up in WoW is because you want to grow in power, is to have new abilities and have more talent points!
    By increasing level cap and cutting the number of talent points in half really cancels each other out.
    When I heard cataclysm was coming out I was excited for the new talent tree combinations I could make, such as having 51 point and 21 point talents at the same time and was imagining exciting situations where those could lead me in.

Except that now Blizzard decided to kill those dreams.
    this.

These changes are insane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I think I skip this expansion. Talent trees look boring for most of the classes I play. Paladin talent trees are a joke. Divine illumination (30 crit chance - 3 min cd) is the 31 talent for holy pala.

What a bunch of bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue regarding paladin talents
    These are old talents. This is not the paladin revamp that we said was coming. Sorry, you'll just have to wait a little bit longer.
    To all the people who find these trees boring, have a look at vanilla trees :
    wowvault.ign.com/View.php?category_select_id=4&view=Talents.View
    You had to put almost every single point in the spec you chose since there weren't many interesting talents in others specs, especially for hybrids like druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh this all looks very boring, I'm sorry to say. They seem to be trying to simplify everything way too damn much, whether it be the loss of stats or the loss of half of our talent trees...

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    Ehh this all looks very boring, I'm sorry to say. They seem to be trying to simplify everything way too damn much, whether it be the loss of stats or the loss of half of our talent trees...
    Things just look complicated now, but are quite simple when you take a closer look at them.

For each class you have a cookie-cutter build for PvE & PvP. You may still choose some talents that do not belong to the core of the build: but precisely they are minor talents and do not affect you gameplay much.

Take the current talent trees. Remove the majority of passive and useless talents (who ever took Imp. KS in the Assassination tree ?!), convert some talents into trained abilities, combine some talents, and you'll get the 31 talent trees of the beta. Will concrete gameplay be substantially modified and simplified ? Honnestly, I don't think so. And I suspect that this flaming about the new talents trees comes from players who think themselves as Elisits but are now forced to admit that WoW has been, is and will be a quite simple game to play. A game with enormous content, full of options, but still easy to understand. I'm by far not an hardcore player, but when I try my brother's characters, it only takes me a few minutes to learn to play them and to perform well both in PvP and in PvE.

People talk about the game being over-simplified. I heard Blizzard wants to add some challenge in PvE (healers will have to check their mana, dps will have to use CC's, tanks won't be able to do crazy pulls, etc.), which contradicts this statement. Nowadays it's just the opposite: talents trees are too long, seem complicated but when you inspect people you see that they have the same exact spec, and PvE is too easy (people in Dalaran ask for your gearscore, not your skill).

There are flaws in the 31 points talent trees, but not because they would be too short. I really think Blizzard is moving in the right direction: simplifiying what needs to be simplified, adding complexity where there it lacks.