Cross Faction Mail?

Hey I've been away from the game for awhile now and I was just wondering if I was to start a new character on a new server then transfer over what was my old main if I would be able to send myself mail if I wasn't the same faction my old main was? Things like gold and BoA are what I'm talking about mailing over.
    Seriously if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it'll spread over into the rest of you life. It'll spread into your work, into your morality into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level - Bruce Lee

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did talk about that some time ago:

Cross-Realm BoA Mails
    Adding the ability for players to be able to mail Bind on Account items cross-realm is something we've discussed on more than one occasion. We understand that players would greatly appreciate having the option to send heirlooms, for example, to lower-level characters on different realms, so we're exploring the possibility. It's definitely on our radar! Due to the necessary infrastructure changes that would need to occur before cross-realm mail can be integrated, though, we have no immediate plans for adding this functionality as of yet.

you can send boa items cross faction (same server) now, but not gold or other items. still cannot send mail cross-realm yet.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    They did talk about that some time ago:
    Take it that it's not available yet though... well guess I'm stuck with horde lol.

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    you can send boa items cross faction (same server) now, but not gold or other items. still cannot send mail cross-realm yet.
    Alright thanks for the info
    Seriously if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it'll spread over into the rest of you life. It'll spread into your work, into your morality into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level - Bruce Lee

nvm it already works, shame they dont have cross server mail yet heh

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arathull View Post
    nvm it already works, shame they dont have cross server mail yet heh
    Yea cross server would be great but I can't see it coming anytime soon, kind of a lot of work to do that I would think.

Cross faction mail, or cross faction anything (for that matter) will never happen. Let me emphasize: IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyTheCorpse View Post
    Cross faction mail, or cross faction anything (for that matter) will never happen. Let me emphasize: IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
    Just like when blizzard said that:
    -Race change will NEVER HAPPEN!
    -Server transfer will NEVER HAPPEN!
    -Faction change will NEVER HAPPEN!

Cross faction mail doesn't seem far fetched, however I would hope they would limit it to cross faction on your own account, and only for certain items. Not talking about the BoA's, I mean something simple like gold or items crafted by your other characters.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyTheCorpse View Post
    Apart from IT ALREADY HAS HAPPENED.
    Ever since patch 3.2 (over 4 months ago) players have been able to send BoA items Cross-faction.
    The thing they are working on is Cross-realm, although they not sure if they'll be able to crank it out this Xpack, as it requires huge database re-organisation, and infrastructure of the mailing system would need a huge change.
    If you are talking about sending cross-faction normal mail (as in Money and none BoA item), then yes, they have promised they never will, as it will severely break in-game currency. Although there was No need to be so god-damn rude about it.
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-07-14 at 02:45 AM.

Hell no, not going to happen, we have enough homogenization as it is. What next? both factions able to talk together and form raids together?