Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

[Cat spoilers] The Next Xpac...

OK, perhaps a bit early but a little specualtion based on events from cataclysm.

Vol'jins considering leaving the Horde.
    Sylvanas is setting the stage for getting kicked out.
    The Grimtotem are working with the Alliance.
    The Dwarves probably won't be too pleased if rumours are true.

Could the next Xpac see the end of the current Horde and Alliance as we know it and a reformation of both around all races?

EJL

Why do you call it CAT?

No.

See...there are these things called "guilds". These are made of players of the same faction. So, if they changed up the factions, then everyone who is currently playing a race that is going to a different faction will have to race change if they want to keep playing with their friends/guild mates or just deal with not being able to group with people they know.

Nice, can't wait to see how this shapes up in Clysm.

It seems a little too radical for Blizz to pull something like that on us. Imagine how many people would be pissed when their race ended up on New Faction A while half of their friends and half of their guild ended up on New Faction B.

So even though I like the idea, I doubt it will ever happen

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    No.

See...there are these things called "guilds". These are made of players of the same faction. So, if they changed up the factions, then everyone who is currently playing a race that is going to a different faction will have to race change if they want to keep playing with their friends/guild mates or just deal with not being able to group with people they know.

You misunderstood.

Grimtotem in Alliance = Tauren in Alliance.
    Dwarves unhappy with Varian = Dwarves in Horde.
    Sylvanas kicked out of Horde means Forskaen free to work with who they want.

In short - any race, any faction.

EJL

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    BEACUSE IT HAS CATS!

Serious: I doubt it.

1.Vol'jin leaving the Horde is unlikely to happen, and even if he did I think the majority of the Darkspear Trolls would stay.

2. Sylvanas getting kicked out is also unlikely since she's the leader of one of the Horde's strongest military forces.

3. The Grimtotems working with the Alliance? The TB Taurens goes /care on that one.

4. You'll have to elaborate.

So I just finished that quest chain in Stonetalon Mountains that leads to Southern Barrens... The only reason the Alliance were nice to the Grimtotem was because they were exploiting the battle between Grimtotem and the Horde in order to gain safe passage from Stonetalon to the Barrens.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    No.

No.

See...there are these things called Aldor and Scryer (aka "factions"). These are made of players from...gasp...both factions. So, if they changed up the factions by removing "Horde" and "Alliance" by replacing them with "Group One" and "Group Two", or whatever label they chose, then you still have two factions for "war", but it allows race selection to be independent from faction selection.

Besides, allowing people to play together regardless of faction is on the shortlist of "Ways to make WoW more Social Networking Friendly". And as Blizz illustrated recently, to them social networking is "srs bznss". It's rather simple actually. I don't see how you could miss that...

I'm not in the Beta so I may have been misinformed, but I think Vol'jin is considering killing Garrosh, not leaving the Horde.

And I think I speak for the vast majority when I say I hope he does...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    I'm not in the Beta so I may have been misinformed, but I think Vol'jin is considering killing Garrosh, not leaving the Horde.

And I think I speak for the vast majority when I say I hope he does...
    IIRC right after that scene he talks to an image of Thrall and says something along the lines of "Maybe I am thinking too hastily about Garrosh"

But I want to play as Dark Side.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Neltharion the Black View Post
    BEACUSE IT HAS CATS!

Serious: I doubt it.

1.Vol'jin leaving the Horde is unlikely to happen, and even if he did I think the majority of the Darkspear Trolls would stay.

2. Sylvanas getting kicked out is also unlikely since she's the leader of one of the Horde's strongest military forces.

3. The Grimtotems working with the Alliance? The TB Taurens goes /care on that one.

4. You'll have to elaborate.
    There was some rumor that Varian orders SI:7 to kill Moira. I don't think it's true tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    IIRC right after that scene he talks to an image of Thrall and says something along the lines of "Maybe I am thinking too hastily about Garrosh"
    Boo... I want a quest chain where we help Vol'jin assassinate Garrosh--or at least start a rebellion against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    There was some rumor that Varian orders SI:7 to kill Moira. I don't think it's true tbh.
    I hope that's true, too, it'd piss the dwarves off enough to set off a rebellion. The most interesting thing that could happen in Cataclysm is either assassinations of, or open rebellion against Garrosh and Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but at least not in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Vol'jins considering leaving the Horde.
    Sylvanas is setting the stage for getting kicked out.
    The Grimtotem are working with the Alliance.
    The Dwarves probably won't be too pleased if rumours are true.
    I don't see the trolls leaving the Horde. Why? Because Vol'jins true loyalties lie with Thrall. And he will pretty much do as Thrall says out of loyalty, of course nothing rash like jumping off a bridge but I think you get my point.

Maybe she is....Or maybe she is setting the stage to not need the horde anymore?

While the Grimtotems ARE working with the alliance (see questing in S. Barrens on alliance), I don't think they will join them outright. They simply do not fit in. Keep in mind it is the ALLIANCE, they won't just pick up anyone knocking on the door to join. Thats more of the Hordes M.O.

The thing about the Dwarves is this, they are arguably the second most "alliance" alliance race (if you catch my drift). It appears as tho the Magni will die and Moira will be assassinated. Oh well. Really, Magni's death will be a HUGE deal, but when you think about it Moira is representing the Dark Irons. Dark Irons=probably the greatest enemy of both the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer dwarves. Don't you think she would be considered an enemy by most? And if her intentions of peace were truly sincere and not a front for the Dark Irons to get into IF, SI-7 and Varian can cover it up. Deceit works both ways. Dwarves won't leave Alliance no matter what.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

It would be very very interesting to see a rise of a 3rd faction, neutrals if you like, that cannot engage both horde and alliance in combat, but only allows to do so in battlegrounds and arenas

I have a feeling that cataclysm IS the end to the faction wars. After that all the stories wont revolve around the Horde and Alliance any more but to other things like the Twisting Nether, The Titans, Azshara, Pirates and Trolls.

I believe that it is in the Cataclysm that the War will finally be resolved and those smart enough will join Thrall, The COuncil of Trisfal, and other Nuetral entities in fighting other evils. While pvp content revolves around small secretive wars of the remants of the Alliance and Hordes Army
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

If you get to choose your faction it will be awesome
    Everything that is,is alive

-This Signature was made by Geekissexy,The Signature Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Neltharion the Black View Post
    BEACUSE IT HAS CATS!
    Sweet, Now I'm looking forward to that.
    And the first reply basically sums this thread up, its not going to happen because if it does there will be mass QQ.

There are probably going to be some inner conflicts in the current fractions, but I highly doubt that we will see new fractions, new alliances and so on. If such a thing does happen, it will not be in the World of WarCraft series. Probably in a whole new WarCraft game, but that's waaay too far ahead to tell.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson