Thread: legit beta keys

legit beta keys

what does one look like and whats in the email because i just recieved an email and i want to see if its legit all you lucky beta people out there please help screenshots will help too

10+ Year Old Account
    U just get it on ur battle.net profile anonymously, no email or anything

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Protip: Go to Battle.net and check.

There's no other way to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by oathkeeper2013 View Post
    what does one look like and whats in the email because i just recieved an email and i want to see if its legit all you lucky beta people out there please help screenshots will help too
    Id post it but i dont want to get banned, just log into battle.net and check if you see deathwings chin staring at you on the game management screen you winz.

Dont click the email links if you are not sure tho :P just get on battle.net manually.

ok thank you so that was probably not one then darn fake emails why must they taunt me!>?

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    U just get it on ur battle.net profile anonymously, no email or anything
    This isn't entirely true. You do get an email alerting you that you are in the beta, but there are no links asking for your account info to register for the beta, those are fake.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    pickley's right you'll see it on battle.net way before you receive an e-mail.
    Software Engineer, Amazon.com, Woot.com group

Xtek - Shattered Hand US

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    This isn't entirely true. You do get an email alerting you that you are in the beta, but there are no links asking for your account info to register for the beta, those are fake.
    The problem is that some hackers are getting smart. I got an email the other day that really looked authenic. Every word was spelled correctly (yes I checked). They weren't trying to sell me anything and they weren't asking for me to give information. They also had links to the true wow.com and blizzards true tech support.

To OP, (and everyone else for that matter) if you really want to tell if the post is fake the best thing to do is to track where it came from. This website helps: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=22454

well i got a fake email then and i didnt get virtually poked in the eye by deathwings chin im not hacked either so i guess i avoided the worst tonight thanks yall