New Engineer Goggles

I find it funny how again the engineer goggles are released at a lower level, and not at the maximum level of the expansion set. As you may notice before the first 2 goggles were for lvl 62 and i think 72. Now these new goggles are for level 80 not even level 85 for the expansion. I don't know why blizzard keeps doing this because don't they realize that the goggles just get replaced at lvl 85 and the same happened at lvl 70 and at lvl 80 the goggles just went to the dump. Why even encorporate goggles like these when they will eventually get replaced quickly by some tier gear, possibly even blues...waste of time imo. Post your thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healmasta69 View Post
    I find it funny how again the engineer goggles are released at a lower level, and not at the maximum level of the expansion set. As you may notice before the first 2 goggles were for lvl 62 and i think 72. Now these new goggles are for level 80 not even level 85 for the expansion. I don't know why blizzard keeps doing this because don't they realize that the goggles just get replaced at lvl 85 and the same happened at lvl 70 and at lvl 80 the goggles just went to the dump. Why even encorporate goggles like these when they will eventually get replaced quickly by some tier gear, possibly even blues...waste of time imo. Post your thoughts.
    They are meant for level 85 because it costs a lot of high end mats and you need a high level in the profession, but it lets you use it at level 80 for those who want to spend time to get their engineering maxed and make the goggles.

The level 72 goggles are item level 200, which is equal to Heroic gear/crafted epics.
    Look at http://www.wowhead.com/item=41386 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=42552
    They are roughtly equal, just depends if you need hit rating or not. Also for DPS (and at the time with blue quality gems) the yellow socket would be better than the blue socket. The immense amount of stamina also helps.

Your argument is just like, "Why raid? The gear just gets replaced in the next tier..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Blizz wants this Engi perk to stay in place, Engis get epic head item a couple levels before non-engi's. Its something to set Engi proff apart from the other proffs.

more often then not the goggles require a mat obtainable only from cap heroics(frost orbs this time) unless you connected or got cash your not getting these before cap.
    and anyway every prof can make gear its just eng's is only useful in the first tier where as bs,lw, and tailoring made stuff all the way to end tier.
    which is nice there alsogiving us those cogs and pumps thing for trinkets i think.

engineering goggles at lvl 70 were great, the sunwell pieces while hard to get, were great as well