Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Divine Retribution: Instant Strike that deals Holy damage equal to 70% of your weapon damage. Striking a casting target with Divine Retribution will interrupt the cast and silence them for 2 seconds and also deal an additional 20% holy damage. 10sec CD
    I personally have more faith in Blizzard than to implement something like that.

Anything that requires you to interrupt in order to get maximum damage means you're not at maximum DPS in fights against bosses that don't cast, if somebody else interrupts, if the boss doesn't cast often enough, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, next time do some more reading, b4 posting. GC already said that paladin talent trees are not that far along and that they do not reflect the latests updates (such as DS back in the talent tree etc)
    You are both right.....But I don't like the idea of having a cloned interrupt ability. Rather that it would have some new and refreshing mechanic added into it.
    Id rather have a cloned one then none at all, also remember they still have not announced the Cd and weather or not it will cause a spell school lock out. For all we know it could be 1 minute long. By losing magic dispel, and dispel resistance on hand of freedom but only gaining some more healing potential in exchange(which will make us oom cause we cant get in judgment range anyway) we are even weaker vs ranged classes then we are on live.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

So we get DS moved back in the tree, WE probably get Seals of Retribution at lvl 10 when we invest our first talent point.

And we need to get our promised interrupt.

But what could Divine Retribution be? They wanted a single target ability for the bottom of the tree, so I am thinking something like:

Divine Retribution: Instant Strike that deals Holy damage equal to 70% of your weapon damage. Striking a casting target with Divine Retribution will interrupt the cast and silence them for 2 seconds and also deal an additional 20% holy damage. 10sec CD

So it will scale with our mastery (that increases holy damage.) It will give us an interrupt (like promised). It follows the general idea of what they had on PTR for a while only then it was with CS. It allows paladins to make errors and therefore be less faceroll

(crap paladins will spam that ability for damage, while good paladins will be able to use it more on casts therefore interrupting and dealing more damage, while crap paladins wanting to interrupt will prolly wait to long with using it and therefore lose dps)
    True interrupts need to be off the GCD and shouldn't deal damage.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Contion_BB View Post
    Its says right there is the most recent front page updates that Divine storm WILL IN FACT be a lvl 10 skill learned when specializing as ret
    Yeah, next time do some more reading, b4 posting. GC already said that paladin talent trees are not that far along and that they do not reflect the latests updates (such as DS back in the talent tree etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan View Post
    I personally have more faith in Blizzard than to implement something like that.

Anything that requires you to interrupt in order to get maximum damage means you're not at maximum DPS in fights against bosses that don't cast, if somebody else interrupts, if the boss doesn't cast often enough, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    True interrupts need to be off the GCD and shouldn't deal damage.

You are both right.....But I don't like the idea of having a cloned interrupt ability. Rather that it would have some new and refreshing mechanic added into it.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    i am sadfacepanda, except of the unknown divine retribution, we have ZERO new abilities. even though GC stated around 3 new abilities.
    Divine retribution = 1 new ability. 3 new abilities for one spec is a lot so if you get it be happy, otherwise I'd say take your 1-2 new abilities and keep your mouth shut since a lot of others classes aren't getting that much extensive work done on their specs (not trying to be rude). It's incredibly early to even judge these trees as they still obviously have a lot of cleaning up to do with some talents.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    That can easily be baked into the base mana cost percentage of all instants.
    Or they could increase the percentage returned from Judgements of the Wise like the did in this xpak. Tweak it from 25% to 30% or 35%. Very easy fix.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Contion_BB View Post
    Its says right there is the most recent front page updates that Divine storm WILL IN FACT be a lvl 10 skill learned when specializing as ret
    The most recent beta build was out of date before it was released. GC has already confirmed that Divine Storm will be going back into the talent tree, but not as a 31 point talent. Just because they couldn't implement the change before this build went live doesn't mean that it isn't happening anymore.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=fYPGi8jN7.9mn.paladin

I can see this happening.
    You do not need to get the last talent in the tree, you just need to put 31(It may be changed to 30) points into it, that is confirmed.

Edit: For you people thinking "OMG NO WAI WTF ABOUT MANA" heres the solution:

Spiritual Attunement: You get mana equal to 10% of the ammount healed
    Sanctuary: When you block dodge or parry a melee attack, you get 3% of your maximum mana
    Divine Guardian: Reduces DP CD by 1 min.
    Last edited by cburja; 2010-07-14 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cburja View Post

You do not need to get the last talent in the tree, you just need to put 31(It may be changed to 30) points into it, that is confirmed.
    Yeah but the lvl 10 ability for prot tree is Shield of Righteousness--unless you were thinking about sword and boarding in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by ckatech View Post
    Yeah but the lvl 10 ability for prot tree is Shield of Righteousness--unless you were thinking about sword and boarding in PvP
    Not a big deal, at all, seeing you get more judge & exor dmg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by friggo View Post
    am i the only one worried about not seeing benediction in the talent tree? that's 10% more mana cost on our attacks
    2% Max Mana/sec > 10% less mana off Instant Cast spells.

Quote Originally Posted by friggo View Post
    am i the only one worried about not seeing benediction in the talent tree? that's 10% more mana cost on our attacks
    That can easily be baked into the base mana cost percentage of all instants.

Yeah, they already said that all/most of the current passive/boring talents will be built into each talent tree.

Quote Originally Posted by cburja View Post