Deleted

Balance - Reapplying dots, dps help

So first let me say that any help I get is much appreciated

I am asking this to be sure because I read conflicting information on this.

I understand that to maximise dps I should have eclipsed dots up for as long as possible.
    so,
    When I enter an eclipse I should:
    A: Refresh both dots reguardless of what is already up, then begin to hardcast again
    B: Refresh the eclipse dot only, and refresh the previous eclipse dot when it expires, e.g. entering lunar with a sunfire dot on about 8 seconds, I should recast sunfire only when it is seconds from expiring.

When I am about to exit an eclipse I should:
    A: Refresh both dots under the condition that NG is still active
    B: Refresh only the eclipse dot under the condition NG is still active
    C: Not refresh atall and just hardcast my way to the next eclipse hoping dots wont expire.

On a side note, is balance power tracker working anymore? I haven't got it working all this expansion but I still see it listed as a useful addon.

Thanks. Rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    So first let me say that any help I get is much appreciated

I am asking this to be sure because I read conflicting information on this.

I understand that to maximise dps I should have eclipsed dots up for as long as possible.
    so,
    When I enter an eclipse I should:
    A: Refresh both dots reguardless of what is already up, then begin to hardcast again
    B: Refresh the eclipse dot only, and refresh the previous eclipse dot when it expires, e.g. entering lunar with a sunfire dot on about 8 seconds, I should recast sunfire only when it is seconds from expiring.

When I am about to exit an eclipse I should:
    A: Refresh both dots under the condition that NG is still active
    B: Refresh only the eclipse dot under the condition NG is still active
    C: Not refresh atall and just hardcast my way to the next eclipse hoping dots wont expire.

On a side note, is balance power tracker working anymore? I haven't got it working all this expansion but I still see it listed as a useful addon.

Thanks. Rage.
    My understanding is that C is the correct course of action. Otherwise you're spending GCDs on dots that will be clipped when entering eclipse again. I could be wrong though, we need a Sunfyre in this thread.

EDIT: Also, I'm using BPT and it is working, however recently it's started to be a bit buggy with the direction of arrows and whatnot. Maybe it just needs updating but I would not raid as balance without it. No chance.

My advice (both from reading around and experience) would be : B.1 and C.2

If you are not doing B.1 then you are wasting a Global to reapply a DoT over its buffed self
    In normal fight situations I go with C.2 as I have enough haste and crit to not hurt my uptimes "too" much. On exceptional situations I go with B.2 (if I had to move for long and I'm still in Eclipse while DoTs are falling)

Also make sure you grab BPT v1.34 if you use an outdated one
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2012-11-08 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    My gear isnt itemized perfectly atm, too much mastery from vp gear, but i was going A then C on every eclipse, and the dots lasted till the next eclipse, however i recently got outdps'd alot by another moonkin and i talked to him, he said he does A/B then A on every eclipse

Anyways any help is useful for me. Also I got BPT working finally after some fiddling.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    My advice (both from reading around and experience) would be : B.1 and C.2

If you are not doing B.1 then you are wasting a Global to reapply a DoT over its buffed self
    In normal fight situations I go with C.2 as I have enough haste and crit to not hurt my uptimes "too" much. On exceptional situations I go with B.2 (if I had to move for long and I'm still in Eclipse while DoTs are falling)

Also make sure you grab BPT v1.34 if you use an outdated one
    This is correct.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.