(R)Herald of the Titans

I have found the BiS Boomkin/BiS Feral for Herald of the Titans but I havent found Resto druid Herald set. Can anyone please give me a link to BiS HotT set for resto druids

if nothing turns up, i'll make one and post it tomorrow evening some time. there are a ton of options in heroic 10m ulduar and 25m ulduar that you have to dig through.

Deleted
    BiS herald of the titans resto could be the solution. the EU servers are down untill 11 am so i had nothing else to do a few things to keep in mind:

i belive that GotEM was changed in 3.2, but i tried to find things with haste though. this set got around 550, that should be enough.

i didnt knew about your professions, took JC and enchanting here.

the idol was just ilvl 226.

i gemmed sp/haste in yellow and red and sp/spirit in blue.

the 4p tier8 bonus is imo very strong.

about the trinkets i was somewhat lost. there may be better from naxx/OS/EoE, but i didnt search.

the wep and offhand is from totc10, i belive that is allowed. both ilvl 232 ofc.

specced into CF for more haste.

glyphs are RR, nourish and swiftmend.

i think that was all dont flame me too much

Ive got a pretty nice set on live... but, armory is being lame so cant update it :X

The above set is pretty nice, I would use Spark of Hope over Pandora's Plea, and the Meta is wrong.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2010-07-14 at 10:55 AM.

Yeah the list is quite nice, although there are some items I would not use.
    The meta is crap, go for insightful.
    Instead of the leather boots use the cloth boots (http://www.wowhead.com/item=45566).
    The idol is crap (as long as you don't go for tank healing, but there should be a paladin doing so), use Idol of the raven goddess, Harold's Rejuvenating Broach or if you've sold them already Idol of Pure Thoughts.
    Pandorras Plea sucks for restos, go for Spark of hope, Eye of the broodmother or Illustration of the dragon soul.
    BiS cloak is from algalon quest (http://www.wowhead.com/item=46321), and I wouldn't use the mp5 necklace when you can get the spirit necklace with the same stats for emblems.

As you will only be hotting the raid all the time and kiting the orbs into the holes (hint: unspec aggro reduction), I recommend rapid rejuv, swiftmend and rejuv glyph (the raid will drop to 20-30% after an orb explodes).

Ah and although the weapon and offhand are the best items for throughput, mana will be an issue in this fight, so I would recommend a staff with spirit like Rapture, Lifebinder or Icecore.
    Last edited by Puri; 2010-07-26 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Ah yes:

10+ Year Old Account
    I am terribly sorry for necroing such and old thread, but it is the only real thread on the subject I could find and I don't want to make a new thread with the same topic.

I've been trying for a couple days now to figure out how to get a list of gear that I could use for Herald of the Titans run for my resto druid obviously the profiler link in this thread does not work at all. I then started to mess with wowhead and its filters and was able to figure out a handy way of getting a list of gear that would be viable for this run.

Just a reminder for some people, the gear that is allowed for this run is:
    Non-weapon: 226 ilvl or LOWER
    Weapons: 232 ilvl or LOWER

Here is a link for Non-weapon pieces and weapon pieces.

Regarding Trinkets: You may want to change the filter to show only items without hit (i.e. remove the intellect restriction) as there are quite a few viable trinkets that dont have int, but only spirit or cirt + spell power chance, etc. There are not many 226 trinkets, more specifically I think there is only one so you may have to broaden the range for them.

Lastly, IMO: go for a staff. Lifebinder (Freya 25N) is fairly easy to get and is a good staff. A better one would be Icecore Staff (Hodir 10 Hard), but most of the time you want to get into the 25N lockouts each week to farm the gear until you start wanting to min-max for whatever reason.

If you have any questions about how I use these filters feel free to ask.

if all you really care about is the achievement just run icc 5 mans and make a full set of gear there, fill out with a couple of JP things. unless you're making an ulduar twink just for fun, theres zero reason why you need that much gear for algalon with all the new talents and spells.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    if all you really care about is the achievement just run icc 5 mans and make a full set of gear there, fill out with a couple of JP things. unless you're making an ulduar twink just for fun, theres zero reason why you need that much gear for algalon with all the new talents and spells.
    This. Seriously. Herald does not require BiS, infact far from it. If your dps can all pull at least 5-7k, and everyone knows the mechanics of the fight, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. When I recently did it via openraid, most dps pulled closer to 10k, and no one was anywhere near 226 BiS.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.