Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellin View Post
    Sorry, I meant a longer cooldown.

@Mardhyn

They probably would lower it's damage while AW is active. We'll see what they do
    Doubtful, since it matches the other class's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Doubtful, since it matches the other class's abilities.
    Well still, Sanctified Wrath will no doubt be changed.

We can agree on this, right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine Blizzard's design plan is for it to keep about the same damage percentage it has in live on PvE fights, but in PvP you won't use it more then once or twice while AW is active. Increasing it to a ten second cooldown would help that.

All that aside, with the way the tree is NOW, in PvP, I wouldn't wanna be hit by one critical HoW. An execute at 75% HP followed up by a judgement and a double damage CS crit, and with the lower heals, it could be irreversible damage.

And yes, I do not foresee SW being added in its current iteration. The same design plan, sure, but these numbers, nuh uh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

Well, we're assuming that paladins will do the same damage they do today. As they already said, damage is going to be slower. We'll have to see

Edit: Also, because the melee spells are based off of weapon damage like for warriors... Inc melee cleave teams in cata again in later seasons. Mark my words

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    @ Vellin

I don't imagine they would lower HoW's damage, its our execute.
    They lowered Executes damage when they capped its rage cost.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

EJL
    And this is blizzard we are talking about, they do like to do things that make no sense. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to 70% or more HP you hurl a pie for (100ap + .5 cake)at your target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellin View Post
    Well, we're assuming that paladins will do the same damage they do today. As they already said, damage is going to be slower. We'll have to see

Edit: Also, because the melee spells are based off of weapon damage like for warriors... Inc melee cleave teams in cata again in later seasons. Mark my words
    HoW does not scale with weapon damage.

EJL
    Kill shot says "hi".

I thought something was missing, Prot and Ret have no Spell Power converting talents.

EJL
    They're buffing Execute now, however.
    From Ghostcrawler: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/25968...-sudden-death/
    "Heroic Strike is off of the GCD but with a short cooldown so it isn't in danger of competing with Execute (which hits considerably harder now)."

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    HoW does not scale with weapon damage.

Referring to the new Crusader strike.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    I thought something was missing, Prot and Ret have no Spell Power converting talents.
    They are the passives for choosing prot or ret tree at lvl 10.

Crusader strike will not get a longer Cooldown.
    Why?

Improved Crusader Strike: Would only account for one-handed weapons. Expect it to be confined to one-handed weapons for the damage buff.

We've lost dps from Divine Storm and our Consecration is weaker. In all, our overall dps should be about the same.

That's the reason for the Crusader Strike buff.

GC said 3 new abilities for Retribution. I found them
    Divine Retribution
    Healing Hands
    Guardian of Ancient Kings

Our mana costs have been severely reduced in our offensive abilities. NO more running around with Blessing of Wisdom to keep our mana filled
    4GCD + Replenish + Judgements of Just 25% base mana = Mana cost for those four GCD
    Last edited by Isolyphic; 2010-07-14 at 08:34 AM.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Deleted
    Seriously guys, there's no need for SancW to be altered from the current beta state it is. I mean, how many HoW's can you possibly squeeze in? Three of 'em and only if you start with one right off the bat, so I think this is a welcome change as it buffs our offensive potential in a slight yet effective manner..keep in mind it's situational burst because it's limited to the AW cooldown.

I'm pretty excited about another talent though...eye for an eye. It has been underwhelming for quite some time now, but the chance to proc a judgement (with no mana cost/no cd I assume) seems pretty great. I'm wondering will it be our current seals judgment? Judgement of Light/Wisdom/Justice? I guess it'll definately apply heart of the crusader, though. Keep in mind our judgement is gonna have 33% crit talented, not taking gear into account. tehehe

*looking at topic* Uhmm, yeah. CS pwnz teh kidz
    Last edited by mmocea490e6ad4; 2010-07-14 at 01:53 PM. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post
    Seriously guys, there's no need for SancW to be altered from the current beta state it is. I mean, how many HoW's can you possibly squeeze in? Three of 'em and only if you start with one right off the bat, so I think this is a welcome change as it buffs our offensive potential in a slight yet effective manner..keep in mind it's situational burst because it's limited to the AW cooldown.

I'm pretty excited about another talent though...eye for an eye. It has been underwhelming for quite some time now, but the chance to proc a judgement (with no mana cost/no cd I assume) seems pretty great. I'm wondering will it be our current seals judgment? Judgement of Light/Wisdom/Justice? I guess it'll definately apply heart of the crusader, though. Keep in mind our judgement is gonna have 33% crit talented, not taking gear into account. tehehe

*looking at topic* Uhmm, yeah. CS pwnz teh kidz
    id say eye for an eye will either use the last judgement you used or will just be a damage only judgment that dosnt put light wis or justice debuff on teh target though will probably still put judgments of the just for prot

and i can see holy dishing out some damage with eye for an eye and purifying power when they are under attack

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaitee View Post
    id say eye for an eye will either use the last judgement you used or will just be a damage only judgment that dosnt put light wis or justice debuff on teh target though will probably still put judgments of the just for prot

and i can see holy dishing out some damage with eye for an eye and purifying power when they are under attack
    at bosses like sindragosa this is a nice talent to have as retribution also

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstrikeisretlawl View Post
    Interrupt...where is it?
    this :>

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx View Post
    Imagine Sanctified wrath with the current Glyph of Avenging wrath... Well I guess it's back to 3.0
    Damn it. You beat me to it.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Damn it. You beat me to it.
    Actually I missed the part where I forgot to mention the Hammer of wrath glyph... Oom? no problem ill just keep bashing your face with hammers

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I'm surprised people haven't noticed Swift Retribution "Increases ranged and melee speed by 7%/14%/20% for party members with an aura on them"

In live that is a 3% bonus.

It's basically a passive Heroism for hunters and melee
    Everyone has noticed...This is old news. They said they were getting rid of all the 3% haste buffs a while ago, making our buff equal to shammys and dks.

For ret, i'm quite liking the look of 9% extra haste every judgement from second tier holy

Oh, and 15% judgement crit on first tier to go with 18% from fanatacism